Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member from NorthEast

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 10:07 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by truonghthe
Shoez Type S moving pretty quick in sale even for a AT. I was once frustrated because everywhere I call the answer was "sorry there is already a deposit on it". Type S suspension actually more stiff than 04-06 MT TL and they only get beaten by Aspec.
Interesting; during my research earlier this year I came across some Honda documentation which outlined the suspension differences between the 3G TLs; maybe my memory is faulty, but I recall it very specifically showing the 2004-2006 6MT models having the exact same brakes, spring rates, shock valving, and roll bar diameters as the 2007-2008 Type-S models. I'll see if I can find that information and post it up this weekend.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:08 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nanxun
Sure the OP has already searched on Cars.com, but if not, this is for reference:

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action/?mdId=22237&mkId=20001&mlgId=28859&page=1&perPage= 50&rd=99999&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT&sf1Dir=ASC& sf1Nm=price&stkTypId=28881&trId=25719&trId=42363&t ransTypeId=28112&yrId=20145&yrId=20200&zc=22152

If you can get the example you've shown above down to $13.5-$14k, I think you'd have done well. Good luck and let us know how things go!
LMAO!! Yes the photo I showed was indeed from EMG auto. There is a Silver and a Black 6MT.

Originally Posted by truonghthe
OP make sure you watch out for EMG auto sale, some "used" car dealer in NJ is shaddy as hell, trick you to sign the paper ASAP. I remember when I was looking to buy a TL-S one of the dealer in NJ ask me to sign the paper along with making a copy of my DL, I was like hold on here I am not even asking them for a test drive yet. The initial vehicle I was looking to purchase has a price tag of $25k and the car is no where to be seen once I got to the lot. Sale man excuse was "its in the the shop since the AT mess up" WTF? I told the salesman that I am looking to buy $25k car and not $2500 car. Sure it looks great in picture but when you get there and see the car in person you might be in shock.

Thanks for the warning! The salesman over there seemed to be very eager, sort of hurry you to buy the car. They are indeed a bit shady but then again, this is a USED CAR business....

I guess 14k is reasonable, but just seem a bit high for a 10 year old vehicle. I did test drive it this past weekend and as you all know, you can't judge how a car REALLY PERFORMCES until you own it for a few weeks. That's the worse part about buying any used cars.

Shoez Type S moving pretty quick in sale even for a AT. I was once frustrated because everywhere I call the answer was "sorry there is already a deposit on it". Type S suspension actually more stiff than 04-06 MT TL and they only get beaten by Aspec. When I first shopping for a TL my requirement for most salesman was "don't call me if its not a Type S".