Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New fog light bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 09:59 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
New fog light bulbs

hopefully i can now drive around with the fogs without people thinking i have the high beams on

here is a pic of the old

and a pic of the new one

another old one from up top

and the new one from top

thats the most yellow i can get it without spending an arm and a leg on yellow HIDs.

btw, those bulbs are from midnight moose. took awhile to get, but its a lot cheaper then anywhere else

tell me what ya think of em

o ya, does anyone notice anything odd about the lights? hehehe
Old 11-08-2004, 10:05 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like them, although that's a big yellow light!

does it make a difference when you turn them on ?

It would be great if we could turn them on without the xenon lights, that way we can really use them in the fog.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
looks nice, i prefer the other fogs though
Old 11-08-2004, 11:01 PM
I6

How much difference does it make? What kind of bulbs are these?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Is that a carbon fiber hood on wdp??
Old 11-09-2004, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
hahaha o crap! sorry, didnt mean to mislead you. i had the hood up cause i just changed the bulbs. looking at it now it would look pretty good. but i had a CF hood on my last car and its just not the same. too many things to worry about.

the clear coat fades in the sun fairly quickly and it gets dull and it gets a white haze after awhile. just doesnt look good. also, the hood is so light that it can rattle on the freeway and over bumps. that is if you don't use hood pins. the other thing about using hood pins are that it actaully creates a dent after awhile on the CF hood. its just not worth it.

Originally Posted by 6mtV6
How much difference does it make? What kind of bulbs are these?
these are the max gold from midnight moose. and here are pics to show the difference.

there are slight differences. i was mostly going for the fact that i could have the fogs on though....

hope this helps!

i personally like the contrast in color that it gives.....

so no1 has noticed an odd color difference in the pictures yet? (hint: i'm not talking about the fogs)

the yellow fogs give a wider range on each side as well as immediately on the floor in front of the car in retrospect to the hids.

when i used it driving behind som1 today, i dont have the sharp contrast of the top of the HID line. it fades to yellow on the car in front of me
Old 11-09-2004, 01:01 AM
I6

Did you change your turn signals also?

Compared to the oem fog light bulbs, do you see that the max gold lights up the road better?
Old 11-09-2004, 01:08 AM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that looks very cool.

sigh, i cannot install fog lights on canadian model... can I?
Old 11-09-2004, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by 6mtV6
Did you change your turn signals also?

Compared to the oem fog light bulbs, do you see that the max gold lights up the road better?
ding ding ding....

i expected som1 to see that before the optically illusioned CF hood that i did by accident...

i changed the turn signal bulbs to super white LEDs the wide angle ones with 15(i think) bulbs. it doesnt blink as bright but i like how its a different color then the amber/orange. and i was also bankin on em bein close to the fog bulbs i put in today. luckily that worked out...

its kinda hard to compare if it is brighter then stock, but you can deffinitely notice it more due to the drastic difference in color. if you look closely at the actual headlight housing on the different colors, it looks as though the stock ones may be brighter because it is harder to see the actual interior of the headlight assembly, but i feel it safe to say that the MAX golds will work better in actual fog.

again, MY MAIN REASON FOR CHANGING THE BULB IS SO THAT PEOPLE DO NOT THINK MY HIGH BEAMS ARE ON and second... i like the look. its unique, sort of

Originally Posted by mio
that looks very cool.

sigh, i cannot install fog lights on canadian model... can I?
thanks!

i'm not sure if you are able to. you may want to check on the bulb type. if it's the same, i do not see why you can't change it. i would imagine it to be the same. when i look up the bulb type on sylvania's site, it doesnt differentiate between the US and Canada models.

i use this site for figuring out what bulb is what http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...de/default.htm
Old 11-09-2004, 02:09 AM

for some reason, with the yellow fogs on.... the HID looks more blue and clear on the far shots. its odd. if you compare the color closely off the cars in the shot.... maybe im just trippin.... dang, i need some sleep
Old 11-09-2004, 04:03 AM
mio
Police

Originally Posted by ayethetiense
i'm not sure if you are able to. you may want to check on the bulb type. if it's the same, i do not see why you can't change it. i would imagine it to be the same. when i look up the bulb type on sylvania's site, it doesnt differentiate between the US and Canada models.

i use this site for figuring out what bulb is what http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...de/default.htm
thanks for ur infomation.

but the candian model has no "on-off" switch for fog lights, is it easy to add a switch?
Old 11-09-2004, 06:42 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Fog switch...

but the candian model has no "on-off" switch for fog lights, is it easy to add a switch?
That's because in Canada those lights are used as DRL's, not fog lights. Adding a switch will probably be a big undertaking because the DRL lights are wired in a totally different manner than the fog lights on the U.S. spec TL according to the service manual.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great, congrats!
Old 11-09-2004, 01:53 PM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats, did the same a year ago for same reason, to stop getting high beamed for no reason!
Old 11-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NOX 3.2
I like them, although that's a big yellow light!

does it make a difference when you turn them on ?

It would be great if we could turn them on without the xenon lights, that way we can really use them in the fog.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Gratis dictum

Why would you get high-beamed? If I saw 4 lights on an oncoming car I would assume that the fogs were on. Nobody is stupid enough to drive in the fog or hard snow with their high beams on.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Team Nighthawk Director

I think it looks real good.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by J RIDE 81
I think it looks real good.
Thanks! yay....

Originally Posted by Repecat
Why would you get high-beamed? If I saw 4 lights on an oncoming car I would assume that the fogs were on. Nobody is stupid enough to drive in the fog or hard snow with their high beams on.
i get high beamed all the time. honestly, i understand why people would think that its the high beams. its just a very unnatural position for the fog lights.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Gratis dictum

Thanks! yay....

i get high beamed all the time. honestly, i understand why people would think that its the high beams. its just a very unnatural position for the fog lights.
I agree that the fogs are probably positioned too high.......I wish they were in the lower air dam. But do you drive with the fogs on if it isn't foggy or snowy? I tried driving w/fogs on and they only provided added light right in front of the car and a bit to the sides. Really no help at all and a waste of bulb life.

PS I do like the yellow color you have in those fogs, though. Nice job.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks! yay....
I don't get it, we live in so cal. and there are tons of cars here w/ hids, its becoming more normal. everynight i would check to see how many hids i see in a particular area.. and the numbers are increasing.

I only got high beamed once, in a dark dark area w/ no street lights, and thats out of so many cars passing me. In south o.c. there are many benzos,beemers with hids should be fine in Irvine.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Repecat
Nobody is stupid enough to drive in the fog or hard snow with their high beams on.

You would be surprised man, you would be surprised....
Old 11-10-2004, 10:11 AM
GOLDEN NUGGET

Love The Gold

I Love The Gold Fogs. I Honestly Didn't Know We Even Had Fogs. I Thought I Read The Manual Front To Back..must Have Missed That Page. Just To Confirm: They Are Max Gold, #9006 55w For $19.99 Pr. Were They Hard To Put In? I Want Mine Changed Over Asap.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Racer

Gump:

Those are the right specs on the bulbs. Ayethetiense must have ordered last week when I posted the Halloween sale info. They were on sale for $15/pair.

Go to the 3G garage for detailed instructions on changing the fogs.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by GUMP
I Love The Gold Fogs. I Honestly Didn't Know We Even Had Fogs. I Thought I Read The Manual Front To Back..must Have Missed That Page. Just To Confirm: They Are Max Gold, #9006 55w For $19.99 Pr. Were They Hard To Put In? I Want Mine Changed Over Asap.
those are the right bulbs, and no, they are not hard to put in. takes a bit getting use to. awkward positions to take out the bulb but its not complicated. i did it at night with a flashlight. i beleive there was a thread about installing it not too long ago. he had pictures that were very informative.

Originally Posted by Brokedoc
Gump:

Those are the right specs on the bulbs. Ayethetiense must have ordered last week when I posted the Halloween sale info. They were on sale for $15/pair.

Go to the 3G garage for detailed instructions on changing the fogs.
yup, i got em during the halloween sale and you can find codes for like 10 percent off. not much, but hey.... its even cheaper.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:33 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
I didn't think it was out there yet,
but to my surprise, it's already for sale for the 04-05 TL! (ebay)

Old 12-17-2004, 04:05 PM
Team Anthracite Member

ayethetiense...can we some pics of the yellow fogs from a distance. I'd like to see how the car looks.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:35 PM
Racer

and thAT GUT HAS LOUIE VITTON SEATS..NO BUTT PRINTS
Old 12-18-2004, 01:55 AM
Team NightHawk VP

hopefully i can now drive around with the fogs without people thinking i have the high beams on

here is a pic of the old

and a pic of the new one

another old one from up top

and the new one from top

thats the most yellow i can get it without spending an arm and a leg on yellow HIDs.

btw, those bulbs are from midnight moose. took awhile to get, but its a lot cheaper then anywhere else

tell me what ya think of em

o ya, does anyone notice anything odd about the lights? hehehe

i bought the PIAA fog lights for like 60 dollars and there is no comparison. hands down to piaa for making such an awsome set of fogs. it makes a HUGE difference on the road at night. especially if you want to see more towards the left and right on dark roads to see deers or something.
http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-14383.cfm
Old 12-18-2004, 01:59 AM
Team AM #123

Originally Posted by cliff
i bought the PIAA fog lights for like 60 dollars and there is no comparison. hands down to piaa for making such an awsome set of fogs. it makes a HUGE difference on the road at night. especially if you want to see more towards the left and right on dark roads to see deers or something.
http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-14383.cfm

got pix bro? i was thinking of getting PIAA yellows too
Old 12-18-2004, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by imaginis
ayethetiense...can we some pics of the yellow fogs from a distance. I'd like to see how the car looks.
ya, i'll take some pics from far away, gimmie a couple min.

Originally Posted by AnitNO1iLLeR
got pix bro? i was thinking of getting PIAA yellows too
id liek to see some pics too... see how much yellow-er or not they are compared to mine
Old 12-18-2004, 02:08 AM
Team NightHawk VP

im on vacation right now, ill take pics after new years
Old 12-18-2004, 02:45 AM

cliff, enjoy your vacation!

here are some pics, its really hard to get good pics of the colors. when i get to the most yellow part, the hid's mess up the camera. just completely blurrs it out.

here ya go anyway...

this is without them on obviously...

and this is on

and this is the "hot spot" of the fog lights

honestly... its hard to get the yellow color on pics
Old 12-18-2004, 04:52 AM
Team NightHawk VP

cliff, enjoy your vacation!

thanks, im sure ill enjoy it lol.

those pics look great, car looks even better ,

although i agree it will be hard to get the color difference.

on the piaa bulbs, there is so called the "plasma coating" which is just some shiny stuff that changes color as it reflects off the light, so sometimes you will see a little purple in the yellow, its not a solid yellow like yours. its just like the blue coating they put on the "HID bulbs"
Old 11-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Instructor

how hard was the bulb to put in?i just ordered a set of purple nokya and i hope it aint too hard to take out and put in. i know that 9006 are twist off bulbs but im sayin how hard is it to reach it?
Old 11-28-2005, 07:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not bad! I like that look!
Old 11-28-2005, 09:48 PM
ediddy

i like it good job
Old 11-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Racer

[QUOTE=ayethetiense]
this is without them on obviously...

and this is on

and this is the "hot spot" of the fog lights

Can someone just tell me where I can order these from and if there are any coupons out still somewhere? Thanks.

Tne stock lights for the fogs are stupid and I have never used them. At least with these there is a difference in the color so you can turn them on to show off or something.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Instructor

Quick question for anyone out there that knows something about how the foglights and the headlight is setup on the TL. I notice the only time you can turn on the foglight is when the headlight is on. Has anyone out there figured out how to by-pass that and wire it up to where you can just have the foglight on by itself without the headlight being on also? I guess I'll do alittle more searching on my own but, if anyone out there knows how would you please clue me in on how to make it work without the headlight on also. Thanks a bunch guys...
Old 12-01-2005, 11:14 AM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Usalinh
Quick question for anyone out there that knows something about how the foglights and the headlight is setup on the TL. I notice the only time you can turn on the foglight is when the headlight is on. Has anyone out there figured out how to by-pass that and wire it up to where you can just have the foglight on by itself without the headlight being on also? I guess I'll do alittle more searching on my own but, if anyone out there knows how would you please clue me in on how to make it work without the headlight on also. Thanks a bunch guys...
There is a way, but it is not easy. Search for my posts, there is a tread about this.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Burning Brakes

I'm assuming here, but I assume the fog lights are what would be used if our car had DRL's. Maybe you want to see how to enable DRL's?

Or are you just looking for the "Cool Guy IROC/Z" mod (driving with parking lights and fogs on).

Quick Reply: New fog light bulbs