3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New CREE DTRL bulbs available

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
this is the correct creed led for the reverse lights on 04-08 TL ---- http://www.jlclightings.com/ecommerc...led-chips.html
Old 06-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
this is the correct creed led for the reverse lights on 04-08 TL ---- http://www.jlclightings.com/ecommerc...led-chips.html
I have these bulbs. While the bulbs are most definitely brighter than the stock halogens, the light they emit is much more focused than stock so it doesn't cover as much area.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by skd2k1
I have these bulbs. While the bulbs are most definitely brighter than the stock halogens, the light they emit is much more focused than stock so it doesn't cover as much area.
true, but when you have a navi with a back up camera the difference between stock halogens and these creed leds do make a difference on the navi screen.

and where the LEDs don't light up, i noticed if you pressed the brake while backing up, the brake lights will illuminate the area the creed leds doesn't. so its all good
Old 06-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
i have those CREE leds for my reverse lights and they're BRIGHT!! I'd recommend them!
but NOT for DRL.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Suzuka Master

true, but when you have a navi with a back up camera the difference between stock halogens and these creed leds do make a difference on the navi screen.
and where the LEDs don't light up, i noticed if you pressed the brake while backing up, the brake lights will illuminate the area the creed leds doesn't. so its all good[/QUOTE]

Yup, and if you have LEDs for your license plate those help as well. What would be great is if there were additional reverse lights under the side skirts just in front of the rear wheels!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
Yup, and if you have LEDs for your license plate those help as well. What would be great is if there were additional reverse lights under the side skirts just in front of the rear wheels!
I smell a mod....hahah, not really, that might look a bit fugly.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by VicTL06
I smell a mod....hahah, not really, that might look a bit fugly.
Ive actually been considering rigging something like this up. I would hide the additional bulbs under the side skirts so they wouldn't be visible unless you were under the car.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
When I had a 98 eclipse I always wanted to put a headlight/spotlight in reverse lights and rig to a switch so they would work in reverse or by switch so I could flash tailgaters lol.

So glad I sold that car and switched to hondas otherwise I wouldn't have my TL now.

LED license plate lights sound fun as well.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sauceja
When I had a 98 eclipse I always wanted to put a headlight/spotlight in reverse lights and rig to a switch so they would work in reverse or by switch so I could flash tailgaters lol.

So glad I sold that car and switched to hondas otherwise I wouldn't have my TL now.

LED license plate lights sound fun as well.
theres a tail-gater switch mod for the TL. people put HID's in the reverse lights and wire it to a switch inside the car so at a touch of a button the reverse lights come on.

or even better, if you have a navi the switch also turns on the camera and the reverse lights but you can still be in drive.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Racer

theres a tail-gater switch mod for the TL. people put HID's in the reverse lights and wire it to a switch inside the car so at a touch of a button the reverse lights come on.

or even better, if you have a navi the switch also turns on the camera and the reverse lights but you can still be in drive.
That. Sounds. AWESOME!!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
fyi, the module for these DRLs are 35 dollars, completely killed it for me...maybe ill just get reverse lights...
Old 06-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by tripacez
fyi, the module for these drls are 35 dollars
/fail
Old 06-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
So they do need a module to run the DRL's??? I thought they were plug and play??

driving with rear camera on - priceless
Old 06-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
So they do need a module to run the DRL's??? I thought they were plug and play??

They are plug and play for the infiniti fx's, apparently they were trialed and tested on the acura tl, but perfected for the fx? Lol either way module or no cree's as drls
Old 06-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Balling in the...

Received 64 Likes on 58 Posts
OK So Who's Purchasing these? $67 for the lights and modules. Is it worth it or is their some where else with DRL and modules a lil cheaper?
Old 06-11-2011, 10:02 AM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Not getting these. Rather get my headlights cleared and DRL disabled. I am pretty sure you can use the VLED or IJDMTOY module. Those are $15.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Racer

So I've been asking questions on the IS forum about this module. It appears that if you have a 2004-2006 TL, it is plug and play - so no module needed. If you have a 2007-2009 OR any 3G Canadian spec TL, then you do need the module...apparently to counteract the existing DRL module.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Here's a side by side of the CREE DRL LED (passenger) and VLED's 5K 28 LED (driver). The picture doesn't really show it as clearly (cell phone pic), but the CREE is a single LED and the VLED is obviously 28 LEDs pointing in pretty much every direction.

The CREE is a bit bluer (I think it's a 6K) and does seem brighter, but all the light comes from a single point. The VLED fills the reflector.

I've read that the CREE is super bright at night, but this seems a bit useless to me. At night, I've got the HIDs on and the DRLs off.

I might try to swap the lights again, but as of now, I like the VLED bulb better.

(Also, freshly installed DC Sports CAI)

Old 06-11-2011, 10:30 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterShake
Here's a side by side of the CREE DRL LED (passenger) and VLED's 5K 28 LED (driver). The picture doesn't really show it as clearly (cell phone pic), but the CREE is a single LED and the VLED is obviously 28 LEDs pointing in pretty much every direction.

The CREE is a bit bluer (I think it's a 6K) and does seem brighter, but all the light comes from a single point. The VLED fills the reflector.

I've read that the CREE is super bright at night, but this seems a bit useless to me. At night, I've got the HIDs on and the DRLs off.

I might try to swap the lights again, but as of now, I like the VLED bulb better.

Can you take a picture on a day when its cloudy/overcast? Or at dusk?
Old 06-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Wow, the VLED def looks better in this pic. Can you take a pic from about 20ft away? Also, did you have to use a module for these bulbs or are they pnp?
Old 06-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Racer

Wow, VLED totally won the Pepsi Challenge on that one! Incidentally, are those 9005 (HB3) or 9006 (HB4)...and what year is your TL? I can't for the life of me figure out which ones for fogs/DRLs (the garage LED post talks about 07-09 Type S).
Old 06-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
FYI guys, v-leds has an LED drl module for 8 bucks, that might work just dandy instead of their expensive one
Old 06-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
IIRC: o4-o6 USDM TLs = 9006
o7-o8 USDM TLS = 9005
o4-o8 CADM TLS = 9005

edit: from the garage:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/3g-acura-tl-bulb-sizes-list-3g-garage-g-077-a-691135/
Fogs for 04-06 models use 9006 bulbs.
Fogs for 07-08 and Type S models use H8 (35w stock wattage).

DRLs (07-08;Type S) uses HB3/9005

Last edited by o4Komodo; 06-12-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:43 AM
I'M GOING IN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See told you guys theses bulbs are no good its one cree bulbs thats it and the led reverse lights are also crap they are focused in one spot look at the videos on there website focused straight On but dont worry when i break i can see everything else around me that i could before.

Vled 7watt 921 and the the back up license plate kills it at night i have 5% tint around and see clearly behind me. Stop wasting money on bulbs that JLC found on ebay from china and traded marked it.

And the person that took the pick of them show up when reversing to see the spreed

Im going to take a picture of mine and were going to compare
Old 06-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll take some pictures of the lights side by side in my garage later tonight. It's an apartment garage with dim fluorescent lights - should be close to a cloudy day. I can't think of way to make clouds appear naturally, so this will have to do. I'll also take some from farther away.

The CREE is definitely brighter, but like hondadna4 says, it's just one LED and is focused. The VLED light has LEDs all around and utilizes the reflector.

My car is an 04, but with a Type-S front bumper and headlights. I'm using an aftermarket DRL module that doesn't dim the light.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Suzuka Master

The CREE is definitely brighter, but like hondadna4 says, it's just one LED and is focused. The VLED light has LEDs all around and utilizes the reflector.
What do you mean when you say the cree is brighter? In the pic the vled appears much brighter and fills out the entire housing.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
What do you mean when you say the cree is brighter? In the pic the vled appears much brighter and fills out the entire housing.
brightness in terms of lumen output. While the v-leds throw light in multiple directions(thus, they fill the bulb housing better and appear better during the daylight), they have a poor forward light throw versus the CREE which do not have light being shown directly into the reflector sides, but have good forward visibility in terms of light being projected forward.

tl;dr: v-leds light up like a small ball, cree lights up like a forward facing cone
Old 06-12-2011, 09:49 PM
I'M GOING IN

Here are the pics guys Yes i fucked up with the camera but you get the picture.

I have spent countless time and money on researching leds and the VLEDS so far is the best.

See how the leds spreed everywhere thats what you want your.

I love the guy that just posted the cree focus light is better for reverse lights. You have no idea what your talking about!!!! Your not driving in reverse down the street you dont have to see 50FT in front of you with the cree bulbs Your reversing out of your drive way and parking spot for 10 seconds max you need led spree but if you want to purchase the cree to drive in reverse down the highway thats kool.

Look at the spreed the light goes everywhere look at the fence ever it hits that 15FT away too so if yah want to drive down the street

I just dont understand people post things that they don't even have never have seen they just see it on the internet and say
"that is the brightest yep I know I see the pics I know that"

Just my two cents dont take offense rookies I just have to put people in there place the highchairs
Old 06-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by KillerG
brightness in terms of lumen output. While the v-leds throw light in multiple directions(thus, they fill the bulb housing better and appear better during the daylight), they have a poor forward light throw versus the CREE which do not have light being shown directly into the reflector sides, but have good forward visibility in terms of light being projected forward.

tl;dr: v-leds light up like a small ball, cree lights up like a forward facing cone
Ok, that makes sense.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Safety Car

link to these v-led reverse lights?

Originally Posted by hondadna4

Here are the pics guys Yes i fucked up with the camera but you get the picture.

I have spent countless time and money on researching leds and the VLEDS so far is the best.

See how the leds spreed everywhere thats what you want your.

I love the guy that just posted the cree focus light is better for reverse lights. You have no idea what your talking about!!!! Your not driving in reverse down the street you dont have to see 50FT in front of you with the cree bulbs Your reversing out of your drive way and parking spot for 10 seconds max you need led spree but if you want to purchase the cree to drive in reverse down the highway thats kool.

Look at the spreed the light goes everywhere look at the fence ever it hits that 15FT away too so if yah want to drive down the street

I just dont understand people post things that they don't even have never have seen they just see it on the internet and say
"that is the brightest yep I know I see the pics I know that"

Just my two cents dont take offense rookies I just have to put people in there place the highchairs
Old 06-13-2011, 01:02 PM
I'M GOING IN

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-B...07296-1-2.html

Here it is V-leds.com is where its at and no joke if you have to get just one product its the back up license plate!!!! Its sooo bright words cant even explain to anyone how bright it is!!!

I have had hid reverse lights also and I just thought it was tooo much
if you get the plate it takes two seconds to bolt up run the wire and they even give you the tap wire clip. Iswear to you in about 15 minutes you will be shocked at how bright the thing is. Old people young people all sorts as me where I got it from.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Suzuka Master

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-B...07296-1-2.html

Here it is V-leds.com is where its at and no joke if you have to get just one product its the back up license plate!!!! Its sooo bright words cant even explain to anyone how bright it is!!!
So these are reverse lights, correct?

I have had hid reverse lights also and I just thought it was tooo much
if you get the plate it takes two seconds to bolt up run the wire and they even give you the tap wire clip. Iswear to you in about 15 minutes you will be shocked at how bright the thing is. Old people young people all sorts as me where I got it from.
I thought these were plug-n-play, what wire(s) need to be run?? Thanks.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:33 PM
I'M GOING IN

yes they are for the reverse lights and the plug and play is
sooooooo simple grab the positive wire and place it in the snap clip and boom your done. Then for the negative bolt it on to a ground. Its as easy as that. Im telling you the hardest part is waiting for the dam thing to arrive and by that Vled has never failed on me with that 5 days max Im across the the map MA there in WA there on point with there product you cant be what they give you. If you need any more help just ask but the plate is NO JOKE BRIGHT ASS !@Q#
Old 06-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Safety Car

i would like to see a night time navigation picture of how bright the V-LEDs reverse light lights up compared to the cree LED.

i have the cree led for reverse, and i agree the light is focused so when looking into the back up camera while reversing all you see is a bright white focus on the center of the navi. the left and right edges are still dark.

does anyone have the v-leds installed on their TL that comes with a back up camera, and can you take a picture of the navi display while you're in reverse so i can see the light dispersion compared to my cree led reverse lights?
Old 06-13-2011, 01:36 PM
I'M GOING IN

i would like to see a night time navigation picture of how bright the V-LEDs reverse light lights up compared to the cree LED.

i have the cree led for reverse, and i agree the light is focused so when looking into the back up camera while reversing all you see is a bright white focus on the center of the navi. the left and right edges are still dark.

does anyone have the v-leds installed on their TL that comes with a back up camera, and can you take a picture of the navi display while you're in reverse so i can see the light dispersion compared to my cree led reverse lights?
lol WTF just had a back up camera installed on the TL took it out because going with a different set up but really I drove in reverse down the street just to see if it really worked my neighbors were asking me where the hell did I get something sooo bright
Old 06-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Suzuka Master

yes they are for the reverse lights and the plug and play is
sooooooo simple grab the positive wire and place it in the snap clip and boom your done. Then for the negative bolt it on to a ground. Its as easy as that. Im telling you the hardest part is waiting for the dam thing to arrive and by that Vled has never failed on me with that 5 days max Im across the the map MA there in WA there on point with there product you cant be what they give you. If you need any more help just ask but the plate is NO JOKE BRIGHT ASS !@Q#
I have the cree reverse lights now and those didn't have a wire or anything to add and vled's site doesn't mention anything about adding a wire. Can you explain a little more??
Old 06-13-2011, 02:54 PM
I'M GOING IN

I was talking about something else I was talking about the back up plate. The bulbs are PnP
Old 06-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Suzuka Master

I was talking about something else I was talking about the back up plate. The bulbs are PnP
Ok, that's what I thought. What is the "back up plate?"
Old 06-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Racer

Wow, check out the IS thread, now! Everyone who has received the lights have had nothing but (flickering) problems with them! I hope that my CREE reverse lights and LED interiors avoid a similar fate!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:24 PM
I'M GOING IN

Originally Posted by VicTL06
Wow, check out the IS thread, now! Everyone who has received the lights have had nothing but (flickering) problems with them! I hope that my CREE reverse lights and LED interiors avoid a similar fate!
Hahahahaha FAIL...... what did I tell you guys V-leds has quality they have been around forever and will replaced leds with no question asked!!!
and the dude asking about the back up plate its the brightest thing you
Can put on your car other than hids PERIOD

Quick Reply: New CREE DTRL bulbs available