Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to AcuraZine

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
Your exactly right, its because I have had so many of them and im used to having to examine purchases based on pictures on the computer. So not even just on the TL-S, but I have a few things that I ALWAYS look at first in pictures that are dead give aways when inspecting used cars via the internet. On any car OEM emblem location is a simple way to quickly tell if the car has had work done. On the Type S, the S logo is actually very close to the trunk lid edge. Its barely even a half inch from the edge, and most of the time a body shop places them much further away...again, because they are lazy and really can careless about doing perfect jobs.
Well I looked at some pics I took of my TL and looked online at other people's TLs, and you're right. The OP's pics compared to the pics I looked at are not the same...the spacing is different. All the TLs I looked at, as well as mine, have almost no space between the "TL" and the "S", while there is a little more in the OP's pics. I hope it's nothing...sometimes the factory just screws up every once in a while.

As for the jumpy tranny, I thought something was wrong with mine too...I was relieved to find out that it's normal. Now I drive exclusively in manual mode so I don't even experience that anymore. It feels different...actually I think it feels the way it should normally feel. So I prefer manual mode because of that, but mainly because the car becomes more fun to drive (of course not as fun as a true manual), and also I'm convinced that gas mileage is a little better when I control shifting.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
Originally Posted by bla8291
Well I looked at some pics I took of my TL and looked online at other people's TLs, and you're right. The OP's pics compared to the pics I looked at are not the same...the spacing is different. All the TLs I looked at, as well as mine, have almost no space between the "TL" and the "S", while there is a little more in the OP's pics.
Well it's actually not the spacing between the two emblems that I'm talking about...infact I didn't even notice any problems with that. What body shops almost ALWAYS get wrong is the spacing to the edge of the trunk lid, or the taillight. So basically, the right side of the red S emblem is very close to the edge of the trunk lid. The factory places it barely even a half inch away. The OP's is clearly not where it was placed from the factory. So that's the spacing I was referring to, not the area between the emblems themselves.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:32 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should still I be concerned about the emblems at all even though my VIN #'s looked legit? You guys got me wondering what the f my car went through... if anything lol.

Side note: Has anyone done gunmetal plasti dip on an ASM? All I could find was black.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
Originally Posted by Haze/TypeS
Should still I be concerned about the emblems at all even though my VIN #'s looked legit? You guys got me wondering what the f my car went through... if anything lol.

Side note: Has anyone done gunmetal plasti dip on an ASM? All I could find was black.
I wouldn't worry about it since your car has the vin labels and a clean carfax.