3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 3G TL Mods Coming soon! FULL CARBON FIBER TRUNK!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 06:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
New 3G TL Mods Coming soon! FULL CARBON FIBER TRUNK!!

custom acura tl steering wheel carbon fiber and woodgrain

The new molds have BEGUN!We just released the new custom steering wheels as pictures show. BUT we so have many new products coming too!This is a teaser and we do NOT have pictures, pricing etc.We have spent time and time again, but finally got things situated and this is a 110% sure thing..The list is as follows, some more stuff being added and coming soon as well!

1- Full carbon fiber trunk
2- Full carbon fiber trunk WITH a duck bill built in
3- Duck bill / CSL style trunk lip - both full carbon and plain black (to paint)
4- Full carbon TYPE-S rep trunk spoiler
5- Full carbon stock (v/hood/center) front grill 07-08
6- Full carbon stock (v/hood/center) front grill 04-06Molds should be done by mid/late feb and pictures will be released along with pricing / to buy. If you wanted to reserve something above message me and I can take a deposit until the deposit link on the site is posted!EndLess RPM

The following 3 users liked this post by AckTL05:
EvilVirus (01-19-2017), ggesq (01-18-2017), Steven Bell (01-19-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 09:10 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
wow, very excited to see how the carbon fibre trunk looks!
Old 01-18-2017, 09:56 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is it gonna cost me more than my car is worth?
The following users liked this post:
Undying Dreams (03-06-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 10:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
Originally Posted by Bimmitup
Yeah it's going to cost more than 34.50
Oh Sickest TL (03-06-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 11:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bimmitup
No final numbers yet, its going to be all said and done prob 7xx without csl lip and 8xx with csl lip + shipping. Could be a little less or a little more. Its not finalized.

Real carbon trunk lips around 350-450, flat black less of course.

Real carbon front grills probably around 2xx-3xx
Old 01-19-2017, 09:52 AM
Cold Business

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
I don't need a 8 hundred dollar trunk for my 3g.

good luck tho.

how about some inexpensive stuff ? Car isn't a bently.

Last edited by SocomM4; 01-19-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Undying Dreams (03-06-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 10:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SocomM4

good luck tho.

Go get some carbon fiber wrap from Pep Boys?
The following 3 users liked this post by thoiboi:
bluetl04 (01-20-2017), EvilVirus (01-19-2017), wusty23jd (03-06-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 10:14 AM
Cold Business

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Go get some carbon fiber wrap from Pep Boys?
oooh. Yess . And some gold rims right?
Old 01-19-2017, 10:16 AM
Senior Moderator

oooh. Yess . And some gold rims right?
Sounds pricey...

I'll leave those for the Bently drivers...
The following 4 users liked this post by thoiboi:
bluetl04 (01-20-2017), EvilVirus (01-19-2017), Undying Dreams (03-06-2017), wusty23jd (03-06-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 10:25 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
Dat steering wheel
04WDPSeDaN (01-19-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 10:26 AM
Cold Business

Sounds pricey...

I'll leave those for the Bently drivers...
amazing response. I'm stunned by your wit ,right now.

​​​​​​These parts are awesome, but look into materials to fabricate them from besides CF. CF is gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but extremely pricey for the average 3g TL driver.

Its simple marketing strategy. What's the market, who's the buyer? Having the CF option is great, but speaking as your target buyer, I'm more interesting in affordable body mods.

I'd love a duck bill , and I'm glad it's going to be offered in something other than CF.

I've been around cars for 40 years, and CF is nice, but doesn't sell a bunch. That's why there IS so many imitations available.

Last edited by SocomM4; 01-19-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:27 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts

good luck tho.

Like?
Old 01-19-2017, 10:43 AM
Cold Business

Originally Posted by EvilVirus
Like?

I would guess that a duck bill made of PU or fiberglass or abs would sell like crazy. Look at ebay, go look up a cheap TL spoiler, 40 bucks painted and shipped . They've sold THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of them. Go try and find CF ones, 400, sold 3.

Last edited by SocomM4; 01-19-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Senior Moderator

I would guess that a duck bill made of PU or fiberglass would sell like crazy. Look at ebay, go look up a cheap TL spoiler, 40 bucks painted and shipped . They've sold THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of them. Go try and find CF ones, 400, sold 3.
Sounds like a very profitable business, when are you going to start producing product?

Don't forget to register as a vendor on the site before you start advertising on here
Old 01-19-2017, 10:53 AM
Cold Business

Sounds like a very profitable business, when are you going to start producing product?

Don't forget to register as a vendor on the site before you start advertising on here

it does don't it? Anything less condescending to add to the conversation? Thatd be swell.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:04 AM
Senior Moderator

it does don't it? Anything less condescending to add to the conversation? Thatd be swell.
You've done fine all on your own :

good luck tho.

How about when you see something that doesn't pertain to the wants or needs or budget that you simply ignore it rather than feel the need to comment and thread crap all over a vendor's thread? Do you also go to the nearest BMW dealership and complain that their cars are too expensive and you don't need an $80,000 car?

I'm sure there are folks on here that appreciate Ack's great work and products. If you don't, feel free to post elsewhere
The following 3 users liked this post by thoiboi:
*.jpg (01-19-2017), hisost (01-19-2017), TL-Syndicate23 (01-20-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 11:13 AM
Cold Business

You've done fine all on your own :

How about when you see something that doesn't pertain to the wants or needs or budget that you simply ignore it rather than feel the need to comment and thread crap all over a vendor's thread? Do you also go to the nearest BMW dealership and complain that their cars are too expensive and you don't need an $80,000 car?

I'm sure there are folks on here that appreciate Ack's great work and products. If you don't, feel free to post elsewhere

ohhh i was under the impression this was a discussion thread. I'm discussing. If you don't like that I'm offering my opinion and hopes for other parts then maybe don't read my posts? It's really not your concern is it? This isn't a FS thread is it? Why don't you make a list of acceptable dialog and everyone who wants to post here can follow it.

no, I don't go to bmw, I don't own a bmw. Nice comparison.
The following 2 users liked this post by SocomM4:
Bimmitup (01-19-2017), ciscopath (10-10-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 11:25 AM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
I better start saving up cause I will want some of these mods for sure!! Freaking awesome
Old 01-19-2017, 12:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
I think Bruce's tentative pricing for the products that will be sold are definitely competitive for what you are getting and if his past services/ products here on AZ is indicative of what is to come, the products and service will definitely match or exceed the price paid.

Kudos to the select vendors like Bruce, Josh, Marcus, Richie (there are others) that take the time, resources, and wherewithal to give us options other than plastidip, cheap China made spoilers and the like.

As an aside, the way people mod their 3G's now is vastly different than when I first joined - where people spent thousands on quality products/OEM upgrades and it showed.

Last edited by ggesq; 01-19-2017 at 12:39 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ggesq:
04WDPSeDaN (01-19-2017), EvilVirus (01-19-2017), TacoBello (03-06-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 12:39 PM
Former Sponsor

People still buy, not saying from me in general but no offence when I say this. The fact of putting money into a car not worth it is a personal response, many think that way but on the other hand its either all your money going into a car you like, or all your money going into a car you can't afford to make the payments and keep it stock..

Simple proof just go to any huge car shows, check out pictures online. You can't go off of ebay because I already have 7 deposits from a 3 week release for the trunks. Comparing to a $40 half an inch thick ebay trunk lip I get all the time but think about this. $40, ebay gets 10%, paypal 3.5%, packaging, shipping is atleast 5-15 depending upon location cheapest.. so now I'm left with less than $20 to get it mass produced, painted and shipped to me. Do you even think that paint job would be legit? Its like those brakes on ebay, $110 shipped. If you fully think about shipping,fees,packaging, it doesn't add up but only to imagine how crappy those things are.

In the end people still buy because they want to make it their own. I for one myself am that person. On the other hand do you want to be different and make your car different or buy a $40 trunk lip off ebay that everyone has and show it off? Whats the point.

In the end people still spend money, whether its in a Bentley or civic. Look at more than half of these cars on this forum, look or go to car shows they all have 10k+ into their less than 10k cost cars. I didn't take offence to anything because everyone has an opinion and what I can't stand is someone who thinks like that and tells everyone NOT to buy from me because of that fact. An opinion is everyones right to have, but a lot of people like to express it to change others opinions instead of keeping it to themselves which they should. So your in no way wrong with what you said and its a genuine concern.

Another thing to think about is resale, you can remove a trunk / remove an exhaust and resell. I tell people all the time the HUGE difference in lets say endless catback from ebay or custom is resale. You can pick up an endless brand new for 8xx-9xx, resell when your selling your car for around 7xx, which isn't a huge loss. Now when you make a custom exhaust your spending 3-500 depending upon parts and it will NEVER sell, if it does maybe $100 because people will question the longitivity / welds / etc.

So resale, be different and have fun are huge factors.

We will have a duck lip available regular to be painted and full carbon. Some things to think about before judging our $400 ish carbon trunk lip. Ours is REAL CARBON FIBER, not ebay or other brand which is a look / vinyl / etc. Ours is full real resin carbon fiber.

People have been asking for years and working on TL's for YEARRRRS, there aren't many companies being this is a NA specific car. I try to keep costs down by bulk buying, raising funds by presale etc. For instance I know there are other companies that have these style wheels or can make those steering wheels but NO OTHER company will sell / make them for under 500. Its because I bought 20 stock steering wheels to keep a trade in for one and to get them done in bulk. Even if orders aren't fully filled I get a few done on my dime for inventory to keep things moving. I don't make people wait until its all paid for like most companies do, or upcharge based upon how many people. Its like my headlight trade in services, over the years many have complained about me having to get a deposit on trade ins to ensure I get my set back or keep some of the deposit because they sent me back not what we discussed as far as condition but what most don't realize or see is I spent almost 7-10k on trade in sets for the convenience of others and TL owners so their car wont be out of commission.

I have a few more ideas to come but wont be till around summer time.

Last edited by AckTL05; 01-19-2017 at 12:44 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by AckTL05:
03max6spd (01-20-2017), bluetl04 (01-20-2017), EvilVirus (01-19-2017), mrkingstonvi (01-20-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 01:20 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
SocomM4,

I understand your point of view, however, I only speak for myself at the moment. I've owned the TL for about 10 years now. I've put a lot of my heart and soul into my TL. I don't ever see myself in parting ways with my TL because in the end, why should I? I will never get back anything I've put into it. It's my show car, my weekend toy, my paper weight.. ect.
Most current buyers aren't going to invest that type of money into their TL's now, and it's understandable. 5-7 years ago and the conversation will be different. I appreciate Bruce bringing some life back into the 3rd gen community with new goodies. I'm not a fan of the CF hood, but do love the new steering wheels he has. I'd like to see more of real CF under body pieces that go under the A-spec kit and along side of the vehicle. It may not be for you and the logic of why one would drop that type of $$ into a vehicle not worth even 1/4th new, but to others, it's worth every penny. It's what makes the car community what is it and who we are as enthusiasts. Remember, there's too many bread and butter vehicles out there, enthusiast don't like bread and butter builds or vehicles.
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
EvilVirus (01-19-2017), mrkingstonvi (01-20-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 02:34 PM
Cold Business

I too appreciate the work, time and effort. Just saying make some stuff ppl have been wanting at a price point that makes it available to more TL owners.

My point is, if the goal is a seriously profitable business, then make some things in a different material that's not excluding the demographic that's buying these cars NOW, because of price. People have been SCREAMING for body parts for this car that don't cost an arm and a leg. Just saying, think about us too ack. I'll be one of the first to order a spoiler when you get rollin. Likely a grille too.

No disrespect or bashing intended, just real feedback from your target audience.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor

I too appreciate the work, time and effort. Just saying make some stuff ppl have been wanting at a price point that makes it available to more TL owners.

My point is, if the goal is a seriously profitable business, then make some things in a different material that's not excluding the demographic that's buying these cars NOW, because of price. People have been SCREAMING for body parts for this car that don't cost an arm and a leg. Just saying, think about us too ack. I'll be one of the first to order a spoiler when you get rollin. Likely a grille too.

No disrespect or bashing intended, just real feedback from your target audience.
Gotcha but the problem comes into you get what you pay for. In no way would anything cheap be quality, and I don't like to sell anything without being proven, tested or have a good average life span (hence why you don't see function and form / d2 and truhart on our website). There will be customers in the market that want cheaper, and that would pay. The biggest issue I have honestly with cheaper stuff is its never perfect and 50% or more of the time people would expect that $40 trunk lip to be quality for instance and complain why the paint doesn't match and so on.

It comes down to personal choice. Its the same when people complain about oem parts, just because the car is worth less doesn't mean it cost less to make the parts. The value drops because of this reason, and for instance why you can buy a 150,000 new Mercedes AMG for 15k if its 10 years old and has 110k miles on it.

I have a lot of little things that I try to help people save money, like for instance the light weight crank pulley. I just had 200 made in a production run that allowed me to lower cost from 220 and market it for 160.

In the end there will be always products to compare pricing to, but have you ever seen that $40 lip in person? You can't even tell its on the car from over a foot away and looks nothing like their pictures. A lot of online stuff can be deceiving, like when people say "OEM replacement", this doesn't mean its OEM. Also, "limited lifetime warranty", do NOT get this confused with a real LIFETIME warranty. Putting limited before lifetime gets people excited and them a reason to void warranty at all costs why blaming something.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:21 PM
Cold Business

Originally Posted by AckTL05
Gotcha but the problem comes into you get what you pay for. In no way would anything cheap be quality, and I don't like to sell anything without being proven, tested or have a good average life span (hence why you don't see function and form / d2 and truhart on our website). There will be customers in the market that want cheaper, and that would pay. The biggest issue I have honestly with cheaper stuff is its never perfect and 50% or more of the time people would expect that $40 trunk lip to be quality for instance and complain why the paint doesn't match and so on.

It comes down to personal choice. Its the same when people complain about oem parts, just because the car is worth less doesn't mean it cost less to make the parts. The value drops because of this reason, and for instance why you can buy a 150,000 new Mercedes AMG for 15k if its 10 years old and has 110k miles on it.

I have a lot of little things that I try to help people save money, like for instance the light weight crank pulley. I just had 200 made in a production run that allowed me to lower cost from 220 and market it for 160.

In the end there will be always products to compare pricing to, but have you ever seen that $40 lip in person? You can't even tell its on the car from over a foot away and looks nothing like their pictures. A lot of online stuff can be deceiving, like when people say "OEM replacement", this doesn't mean its OEM. Also, "limited lifetime warranty", do NOT get this confused with a real LIFETIME warranty. Putting limited before lifetime gets people excited and them a reason to void warranty at all costs why blaming something.
I'm not saying you need to make me a 40 dollar duck bill lol I just used as an example . But I'm happy that there will be a non cf version of it, that I can only imagine would be cheaper to produce and lower price.
Then,if I had a dope spoiler, I'd need something somewhere in front to match. Any plans for lips, or splitters?

04wdp, I too love the hell of my car.

Last edited by SocomM4; 01-19-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:57 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
I think Bruce's tentative pricing for the products that will be sold are definitely competitive for what you are getting and if his past services/ products here on AZ is indicative of what is to come, the products and service will definitely match or exceed the price paid.

Kudos to the select vendors like Bruce, Josh, Marcus, Richie (there are others) that take the time, resources, and wherewithal to give us options other than plastidip, cheap China made spoilers and the like.

As an aside, the way people mod their 3G's now is vastly different than when I first joined - where people spent thousands on quality products/OEM upgrades and it showed.
This, is 100% accurate.

However, some of us still spend $$ on quality products and OEM upgrades.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Can't wait to see more pictures of everything!
Old 01-19-2017, 10:43 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
I remember the day when most 3G owners weren't cheap... when the car was bought at 34-39k instead of 5-10k.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Jeff

Received 815 Likes on 726 Posts

can't wait to see what you have in store Bruce!

I know for sure I'm interested in the steering wheel!!

If I didnt have my car fully repainted id be all over the hood and trunk lol.

Ill likely splurge sometime for the CSL spoiler though

Last edited by Oh Sickest TL; 01-21-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Old 03-06-2017, 02:22 AM
Late to the 3G Party

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts
Chyeah boiiiiiiiiii. Looks fantastic as usual sir.

Socom, it's been said a million times, but ya gotta pay to play. Nothing personal and I mean no offense, but it makes me sad; because the cost of 3g's is so low now not many owners are willing to spend a little extra investment in something that the eyes can't always see. Good parts aren't cheap. And cheap parts aren't good (usually).
​​​​​​
Honestly we're lucky anyone is even devoting their time and resources in designing and manufacturing parts for a car that at best is 9 years old.
wusty23jd (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Oh Jesus.

So I just got a phone call from my bank account, and there are roughly 750 of those little bastards that are clamoring to be flown to NJ very soon. I have to very politely tell them to shut the hell up.
BreezyTL (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Living it up TL style

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I will wholeheartedly agree with all that is said on this page. I know me personally Bruce hooked me up with my absolutely awesome exhaust for a price that was way below market and definitely sounds better than most on the market now. I am the envy of every show that i go to with my quads. Since then I have done other things as well such as a new CAI and stuffs but besides that I take pride in my TL even with it being 11 years old. I spend the money on my car because its mine and i want to say "Yeah i did that and it looks awesome". Most people leave it at stock and say its done.
Bruce if you ask me is a trend setter. He actively goes out of his way to help us with our older cars to make them cars that people at car shows will ask where did you get those parts or who made them. I will happily tell them to come to the site and look up Bruce. Several people have joined AZine simply for his parts alone.
In the end your car is your car and your money is your money. You will spend it on what you want and how you want but crushing on someones post that takes as much time as he does is simply insulting. Until the time that you can say that you actively supported as many people as he has please just sit down and read casually like most people do and if you have a question Bruce is typically wide open to suggestions just send him a private message rather than slandering him to the rest of the public. But now that i have said mine I am going to go pre-order one of those gorgeous wheels and possibly other stuff to burn my money on.

Thanks again Bruce for all that you for myself and everyone else in the 3G community. I appreciate all of your work and your innovations.
BreezyTL (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts

If you can't afford the parts, you're not the target audience

as you mentioned, there are plenty of ABS plastic/fibreglass/PU/whatever the hell else products on eBay for you to choose from. If you don't like the price here, why are you shitting in this thread? No one is going to make a plastic trunk lid. For what purpose? To save 10 pounds? Why? Are you building a dedicated track car? I'd say that market is even smaller. Might as well go with something made from of a desirable material that can be shown off and add a bit of bling to the car.

That being said, I looked into making carbon fiber parts with the potential to sell them for profit (assuming my skills were good enough). Let me tell you- it's not cheap. I'm actually surprised what Ack sells his CF parts for. His steering wheels are a steal for what I've seen others sell theirs (for other cars). In my mind, he's already price adjusted his products to go for less, due to the age and value of the TL. If the TL was new, he could be charging way more and people would still pay, just like when people used to put their TLs on legit TE37s, and now they put knock offs on.
The following 2 users liked this post by TacoBello:
04WDPSeDaN (03-07-2017), rossv1 (03-09-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor

for those of you who pre ordred the trunk, we also have a third version coming out! this version will be $40 more as its bigger but if you pre ordered I'm upgrading for free. Also, will have the two style lipped trunks in fiberglass if you didn't want carbon!

Old 06-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor

All trunk lips (duck lip both carbon+primed ready to paint and oem type s) will be shipping out next week. This presale price for trunk lips will go up to regular price by end of June! No exceptions (unless you want to put a non refundable deposit down). All new orders may not ship out right away as we have a few extra from this batch, but depending upon how many sell they may go fast, don't worry yours won't take much longer as we will be fully stocked in July!
Carbon front grills we got 10 orders done and shipping out, the rest will be soon to follow and will ship upon order. More to come in toward end of the month and will ship asap.
Actual Trunks are almost done and will be shipping out within a few weeks as well!
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE DURING PRESALE!

Old 06-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts
I think your parts look amazing. Great attention to detail and very professional look to them. I only wish my TL was worthy lol. Those steering wheels are really awesome!!
Old 07-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GreenSpades
I think your parts look amazing. Great attention to detail and very professional look to them. I only wish my TL was worthy lol. Those steering wheels are really awesome!!
Thank you. Any TL is worthy...
Old 07-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a new TL-S owner about 2 weeks of ownership and I will be getting a steering wheel and probably the carton fiber trunk soon. Just saving the funds and will be purchasing these products. Thanks for being here for us.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor