AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   My new A Spec Type S (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/my-new-spec-type-s-975857/)

95s14rb25 12-22-2018 07:01 PM

My new A Spec Type S

So I made a post a month or two ago about being interested in a 2008 TL Type S, but wasn’t sure about the common problems with the car. I can’t really find that post anymore otherwise I wouldve updated it, but long story short, the 10k (went down to 9250) type s I found ended up having a history of accidents. The car looked immaculate, but after purchasing the carproof the truth was clear. Personally I would never buy a car that has been in an accident.

Ive been looking for a Type S for months since, with it being the only car I’m interested in owning right now. I wanted something luxurious and sport, while it being my daily. I currently own a 96 240sx with a rb25det (skyline swapped motor), my first car was a 2000 integra GSR. I’ve only ever driven manual, and relatively fast. My 240 has given me enough headaches through out the years to have finally made the decision to set it aside. Through out the headaches, the amount of fun I have looking at, and driving the car, makes up for it all.

I eventually found an extremely clean 2007 Type S, but I had to wait for it since the owner did not want to give it up until he had his new car. I wouldn’t know where to start if I started to explain how much I went through to get the car, but long story short (again) I had to wait a few months and go through a lot of negotiating and convincing to get the car. The reason I waited so long was because after seeing the car in person, meeting the seller, and learning about the maintenance and history of the car, I knew I it the one. I is a two owner, 145km, Black TL with the A Spec trim. The owner redid all the door linings, dynamatted the trunk (fabric installed in order to prevent vibration and bouncing of sound waves), replaces the heating system in the side mirrors (so that dry streaks would be left behind) and it was rust proofed every year. The car is on stock suspension and has stock exhaust. Dealership records, accident free. I took the car to a Canadian tire I used to work at, to one of my past co workers. The car was clean inside out except for a right tie rod. I was quite surprised when the part was only 49.99. That was the reason why I only searched for a TL-S and not a bmw, or even a Lexus. Forgot to add that the water pump and timing belt was done at 135k, the car has new brakes, and the car is coming with winter tires on the car, and rims and new summer tires separately. Also professionally installed sound system, sub and amp etc. If I sold everything I’d get a decent amount off that could be considered money taken off the price of the car. I’m tired of writing, but I wanted to make this post for some reason. I’ve been bored lol. But here’s the car!!
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...8823876ed.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...ebdb0cc6e.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...8642f2911.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...17d1088f9.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...0a61fe060b.png
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...e327867e0.jpeg

nismotypeS 12-22-2018 07:18 PM

Congrats! Its a plus as the car came with A-Spec kit already installed. Any pics of the S14?

Acura TL Builder 12-22-2018 07:40 PM

Is it manual?

Looks like a beautiful car! Congratulations!

MyGuti 12-22-2018 11:31 PM

Must be a manual, your purchasing story has a lot of similarities with what I went through when I got mine last year around this time.
Congrats, she seems clean and well taken care of!
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back? I would approximate at least 13?
I paid 12.5 last year with higher mileage, so you really found something rare :)

Post some interior pics!

Midnight Mystery 12-22-2018 11:58 PM

TypeS + Aspec!!!!!!!!!! ❤

95s14rb25 12-23-2018 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by nismotypeS (Post 16354715)
Congrats! Its a plus as the car came with A-Spec kit already installed. Any pics of the S14?

Yeah I was lucky because I really like the kit and I wasn’t looking forward to having to order and paint it.

95s14rb25 12-23-2018 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by MyGuti (Post 16354761)
Must be a manual, your purchasing story has a lot of similarities with what I went through when I got mine last year around this time.
Congrats, she seems clean and well taken care of!
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back? I would approximate at least 13?
I paid 12.5 last year with higher mileage, so you really found something rare :)

Post some interior pics!

Wow I completely forgot to mention that it’s an automatic. I never thought I’d see myself going back to an automatic car, but due to me keeping me the 240, I don’t need or necessarily want two manual cars. The traffic where I live is quite horrendous sometimes so to be able to get in something that looks good and coast will be a relief for once. Besides that it’s really hard to find one especially with low kms. I actually paid 12. Which I wasn’t too happy with because I had to bid with another buyer, but like I said earlier, the value is there with the extra set of wheels. I would consider myself getting the car at 10.5k.

95s14rb25 12-23-2018 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by nismotypeS (Post 16354715)

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...d5de72f35.jpeg

95s14rb25 12-23-2018 02:49 PM

Sorry for the typos in the first post I was in a rush while posting haha. Can anyone recommend any simple mods? Warn me of any common issues? Recommend any exhaust with non raspy tones? Thanks in advance!

95s14rb25 12-23-2018 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Saving4aTL (Post 16354719)
Is it manual?

Looks like a beautiful car! Congratulations!

Thanks man, It’s an automatic, I had a hard time finding a manual. But I was so set on the car itself that I was willing to settling for an automatic. I just hope that when I get an exhaust on I can enjoy driving it a little more.

Midnight Mystery 12-23-2018 03:45 PM

Depends on what you're looking for...

RV6-Jpipe, it'll add a few HP, too. Or just a mid-muffler delete which is purely for a little sound.

Look around and search YouTube and see what works best for you.

As for problems... Take care of incomoleted maintenance... Make sure to cover dash to prevent cracking... Wax paint frequently ot it'll delaminate...

mazen222 12-26-2018 10:39 AM

Congrats and welcome, nice clean car!
There are so many mods here you will have your hands full.
Stage 2 or stage 3 exhaust mod would be a good, simple and cheap start.
If you want to fix something, the engine mounts on our cars are usually all broken, so check around to see if yours have been fixed before.

Oh and if your fogs are stock, get some bright LEDs to replace them. VLEDS.com is a good spot.

EvilVirus 12-26-2018 10:54 AM

Congrats on the Type-S :cheers:

maintenance over mods first

Love that S14 :drool:

95s14rb25 01-03-2019 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by EvilVirus (Post 16355576)
Congrats on the Type-S :cheers:

maintenance over mods first

Love that S14 :drool:

thanks, the maintaince is pretty up to date.. the water pump and timing belt is changed, oil change is brand new, brakes are 8/10. I got a front and rear alignment.. all I really want is a Catback exhaust and maybe a aftermarket j pipe. Thanks lol, I’ve had the s14 for a while... needed a more realistic car and couldn’t be happier with the TL.

95s14rb25 01-03-2019 01:46 AM

So just a little update with the car.. I couldn’t be happier with the decision I made with buying this car. It’s my first automatic, and my first sedan. Because of the cars history of maintenance it still drives like its new. The power is all there, although it’s an auto I can still feel the torque of the car. I’ve had some time to play around with the paddle shifters and the car pushes really nicely. If I got this car at 10.5k was it a good deal? I just need some more reassurance lol. The sound system sounds amazing, the a spec kit looks so nice. All I need is an exhaust!! I watched that review on YouTube of that blue tl-s and it sounded amazing. I think he had a rv6 exhaust with a aftermarket j pipe. Whatever I get I don’t want any raspyness, and I don’t want to remove any cats or resonators. If I could get a bit more feedback with exhaust it would be appreciated. Also, J pipes— which sound the best and have typically made the best power?

Midnight Mystery 01-03-2019 02:43 AM

What's the mileage? Price seems high, but hey, you got one hell of a car! Glad you're LOVEING it!

95s14rb25 01-03-2019 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery (Post 16358582)
What's the mileage? Price seems high, but hey, you got one hell of a car! Glad you're LOVEING it!

148km accident free two owner car. The last owner had it for 7 years and it was parked underground, rust proofed every year with records. Dealer maintenance, the price was a bit high but it came with extra set of summer rims with brand new tires. It has the timing belt and water pump done, professional sound system. I had options of other cheaper TLs but a lot of them had higher kms (190-220km) and they were all priced at 10.5-11k. Most of them did not have the a spec package (that I wanted to save myself the hassle of buying) and none of them were as clean as this one. What made me wait for the car was little things like the brand new door linings, the insanely clean interior, and the meticulous maintenance. I figured I had gotten a good deal because I don’t have to do a thing for the car. The previous owner let me take it to any mechanic I wanted to and even came to do the safety with me. Everything is up to date and in working order, with records. A lot of the other ones for sale needed a few things, I don’t think anyone else I spoke to had done the timing belt and water pump and because of my other day and history of doing work at the shop, I’m extremely done with buying and installing parts for now lol. But thanks man. Definitely loving it

Midnight Mystery 01-03-2019 07:19 AM

USD or CAD? USD would be about $7,700, and 91,000 miles, in that case, it's a total steal!

95s14rb25 01-05-2019 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery (Post 16358621)
USD or CAD? USD would be about $7,700, and 91,000 miles, in that case, it's a total steal!

CAD, so far the car is immaculate, no issues, no noises, no smells

truonghthe 01-05-2019 01:58 PM

still that is a steal for a clean Aspec Type S regardless of AT or MT.