Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No.....
Old 09-24-2006, 04:21 PM
TL Loverrrrrrr

Got mine yesterday as well. Going to get those silcon gel before I install them.
And i was wondering is there any way we can tint the multivex mirror to factory blue tint color.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Man of God.....

Well I was wrong! The box was hidden under the new junk mail! So I need some silicon also! I think we were told to use black? Thanks!
Old 09-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Safety Car

I believe you could use balck or clear, I'll probably go with clear.......
Old 09-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Mofo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haven't gotten mine yet - hopefully soon
Old 09-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Intermediate

Hi everyone! I'm glad the mirrors are coming in. Maluskills, lemme know if they don't arrive soon and I'll double check. I suggest black silicone...that's what the Lotus folks use and i have no knowledge of how they will come out with clear. Remember to only run the bead of silicone up the sides and across the top, leaving the bottom gap open for drainage! The mirrors cannot be tinted, but the blue tint from the OE mirror below should show through somewhat. Lemme know how they look!! I also have 2 more orders going out...1 pair for David C. in Ft Lee NJ and 1 pair for Roy C. in NJ as well. If I'm missing anybody, please let me know. OK...have fun installing your new kickass side view mirrors and remember to read the "Tips" before setting out. Remember to just take glances of your surroundings in your mirrors (like the race car drivers do) and give yourself a little time to get used to the new view. Any questions, just ask! Thanks again everyone!! Kenney
Old 09-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Racer

Looking forward to seeing pics of these installed...
Old 09-30-2006, 09:23 PM
TL Loverrrrrrr

i took some video today.. gotta run out for dinner now.. I will try to do a quick review late tonight or tomorrow..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x47oTfX7Yuo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caRXgoELC_A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeaYTB1L6kc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHpXFfEuYYQ
The following users liked this post:
vic06b (06-28-2011)
Old 10-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Man of God.....

OK, I got mine on. 1st I don't like the way the double sticky tape is so thick. I put the silicone on the back per instruction's. But not sure it even makes it to the first mirror! And you can see its an add on! Also didn't like the one mirror, it has a few spots where the silver is missing. Can see black through it. Not the greatest! But I will say I now have NO blind spot! So thats my
Old 10-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Safety Car

Yea, that was one of the concerns I had about the double sticky. I was kinda afraid the mirror would extend beyond the housing. That is a pretty wide gap to seal. Anyone else have the same concerns? According to the instructions, the stack combinations were designed and arranged for the mirror model. It does give a wider visual area and I guess that's the important element for these.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been wondering whether to use the silicone or not. I'm currently on crutches (non-weightbearing) so I really can't do anything right now anyway.

Dave
Old 10-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Intermediate

Below are some pictures of how my Multivex Mirrors look installed. All are of the drivers’ side (the passenger mirror looks about the same). You’ll notice that the foam tape is only really visible from the bottom and from the inside edge. I should mention that I am 6’2” and I sit pretty far back in the seat (not all the way back), so the mirrors are not angled toward the car (as they would need to be if I sat closer to the steering wheel). I didn’t mess with the silicone stuff on these, but I didn’t mess with silicone on the Multivex that I had on my 97 F150, 2001 MDX or 2003 MDX, probably because of my aforementioned seat position.

There are no noticeable defects on my mirrors and they have all but eliminated my blind spots. I’m thankful that we could get this group buy together and hope that the rest of you enjoy your Multivex Mirrors.

(My apologies for how these thumbnails posted.... ]
Old 10-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by indycar mirrors
Hi everyone! I'm glad the mirrors are coming in. Maluskills, lemme know if they don't arrive soon and I'll double check. I suggest black silicone...that's what the Lotus folks use and i have no knowledge of how they will come out with clear. Remember to only run the bead of silicone up the sides and across the top, leaving the bottom gap open for drainage! The mirrors cannot be tinted, but the blue tint from the OE mirror below should show through somewhat. Lemme know how they look!! I also have 2 more orders going out...1 pair for David C. in Ft Lee NJ and 1 pair for Roy C. in NJ as well. If I'm missing anybody, please let me know. OK...have fun installing your new kickass side view mirrors and remember to read the "Tips" before setting out. Remember to just take glances of your surroundings in your mirrors (like the race car drivers do) and give yourself a little time to get used to the new view. Any questions, just ask! Thanks again everyone!! Kenney
Kennedy, It's Oct 7th and I have yet to receive the mirrors. Any idea as to the reason for the dealy and when can I expect to see them??

Roy C, NJ
Old 10-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by royco
Kennedy, It's Oct 7th and I have yet to receive the mirrors. Any idea as to the reason for the dealy and when can I expect to see them??

Roy C, NJ
Hi Roy...sorry for the delay. Please e-mail me your payment info (PayPal or?) and I will get on it right away. Again...so sorry for any delay!! kenney@safetymirrorsonline.com
Old 10-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Intermediate

SO! How are you liking them?

Hi everyone...just wanted to hear how you guys were liking your Multivex Mirrors...are they helping your driving safety and enjoyment? Hope all is well w/ Acurazinesters!! Drive safely! Kenney
Old 12-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Pro

I just wanted to add this post. I received my mirrors back in Sept, but I had had a foot operation and wasn't at all mobile. Long story shorter, I'm still in an aircast but I can drive and yesterday I installed the multivex mirrors.

WOW, what a difference! I'm not crazy about the double thickness of the double sided tape, but the view out of the car is amazing. Very little distortion, very wide angle. I really like these mirrors.

Dave
Old 02-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Advanced

So, I have some questions. Some clarifications please?

1. The multivex mirrors pair (left and right) comes with two double-sided tape (one for each?)
2. Those double-sided tape looks pretty thick!
3. Won't rain, dust, snow what-have-you collect in these gaps?
4. Will the double-sided tape hold the mirrors despite extreme weather conditions and vibrations?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Pro

There are about four spots on each mirror where there's the double sided tape. Yes the tape is thick. So far nothing has gotten stuck in the gap. Also it has been extremely cold here in NJ and they are still on with no problems.

After having them on for awhile, I'm not crazy about the looks, but feel the safety factor outweighs the look of the mirror. I see them, but I don't think anyway else even notices them. No one has said anything about them. The view is an extremely wide angle with very little distortion.

Dave
Old 02-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dmarcus48
There are about four spots on each mirror where there's the double sided tape. Yes the tape is thick. So far nothing has gotten stuck in the gap. Also it has been extremely cold here in NJ and they are still on with no problems.

After having them on for awhile, I'm not crazy about the looks, but feel the safety factor outweighs the look of the mirror. I see them, but I don't think anyway else even notices them. No one has said anything about them. The view is an extremely wide angle with very little distortion.

Dave
Yeah... $60 is a bit steep though.... I'm thinking hard.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by azurepalm
Yeah... $60 is a bit steep though.... I'm thinking hard.
Not to be sarcastic or create any disputes, but you have a $35K vehicle. The same was said about protection for the front end (PPF) and the initial cost (approx. $500). It was and is well worth the money. And for $60, eliminate the blind spot definetly gives me an edge, safety wise.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone try these on an '07 or '08? Do they fit? Also, does anyone with them on their car care to comment on long term (this is an old thread) "wear"? Have they stayed on your car and for how long? Also, I don't see how running a bead of silicon will seal the gaps in the pics I have seen (ThrotTLup's post on page 7)... comments welcome on this too
Old 12-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Pro

Well, I've still got them on my car and I still like them. Haven't had any problems with them at all. In the winter the car does go through the car wash, sorry I'm not washing my car by hand when it's 25 F outside.

Also I never put the silicone bead on either.

Dave
Old 12-21-2007, 05:58 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by darksky
Anyone try these on an '07 or '08? Do they fit? Also, does anyone with them on their car care to comment on long term (this is an old thread) "wear"? Have they stayed on your car and for how long? Also, I don't see how running a bead of silicon will seal the gaps in the pics I have seen (ThrotTLup's post on page 7)... comments welcome on this too
darsky,

I had MultiVex Mirrors on my '97 F-150 for 10 years (they are probably still there) and on wife’s '01 MDX for the past 7 years. Never a problem. On my F-150, I had to replace the entire mirror housing after a minor accident and I tried to remove the MultiVex to put it on the replacement housing. My prying was too forceful and I broke the Multivex glass (the tape was still attached) and had tot get a replacment. (As an aside, if you have to remove them, cut through the backing tape with a thin, sharp knife). Once they are installed, they are not coming off without some serious effort.

As for size, compare your measurements to those for the 2006 product http://www.multivexmirror.net/Detail...619&category=0

Multix Mirrors are excellent and have helped me avoid more than one accident!

Mark
Old 12-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Racer

Thank for the info, guys. I actually have the factory mirrors adjusted pretty well now... I still don't feel totally comfortable changing from the passing lane to the cruising lane though.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
Thread bump !!!

I got this mirror last week. I have driven with it for one week now. I LOVE IT. My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner.

My comments -

1) Total disagree with everyone that chants "just adjust your mirrors correctly." I know how to adjust my mirrors correctly and have done so for many, many years. But, having the oem mirror adjusted corrected is NO comparison to these Multivex mirrors. The oem does not even come close. No way in hell.

2) Totally disagree that the mirrors stick outward from the housing too far. As you can see in my pics, the Multivex looks factory. Actually, it is a good thing that the adhesive tape is thick because we all know that the oem mirror is recessed inward too far. That is, the oem setup allows you to just see the mirror housing at the extreme edge of the viewing angle. With the Multivex, you have a clear view without seeing the housing when viewing the outer edge of the mirror.

3) Totally disagree that you should concentrate your attention at the inward section of mirror. I do the opposite. My first area to check is the outer edge of the Multivex mirror because this is where a car would be in the mirror that was in my blind spot. Any cars located in the center-to-inward areas of the mirror are not an immediate threat to me.

Before getting these mirrors, I was afraid to change lanes to my left. I felt that changing lanes to my right side was my strong point because I felt confident with the passenger side mirror. Now, it is the opposite. My driver side mirror gives me the highest confidence, and the passenger side causes a little trepidation. By the way, I still have the oem mirror on the passenger side.

I live in Houston, and commute across the heart of Houston during my daily commute. My commute involves many miles on major freeways that are 6 and sometime 8 lanes wide. So, I live-and-die by my mirrors.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE MULTIVEX MIRRORS !!!

I purchased the mirrors from

www.multivexmirror.net

Below is a direct link to the PN#25073LH for the
04-06 Acura TL (click here)

Price was $38 (for driver side mirror only) and $7.00 shipping. My order arrived quickly.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 AM
邵樂百

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Seriously considering these......ex commercial driver that has serious issues with the TL's blind spots. I'd put my F-350 mirrors on it but it might screw up the lines of the car... These look like a pretty good alternative

Curious why you didn't get both side inaccurate? Too heavy? j/k
Old 08-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Safety Car

I didn't get the passenger side mirror because the oem one is already convex. Well, that WAS my logic before getting the Multivex driver-side mirror. In retrospect, I wished I would had got the passenger side too.

Good TL Diet joke . These mirrors *are* worth their weight !
Old 04-27-2009, 09:04 PM
10th Gear

seriously, I have to use double sided tape and silicone?

I have these mirrors on my porsche and they work great. The old mirror popped out completely, new one pops into the mount (two simple wire clips for the heaters) and you are done. Takes all of about 3 minutes each side and most of that time was draping the door so the mirror didn't fly off and scratch up my baby.

I was really hoping to find a replacement for the oem mirror, not one that gets taped and glued on over my existing mirror. I paid $140 for a set for my Boxster.

If anyone has seen other options for our cars please let me know. I have an 05 RL and really need some blind spot help- this car is way different than my 986.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmm.. these mirrors seem interesting. Right now, instead of turning my head, I just scoot up in my seat and lean forward while looking into the mirror. It usually gives me sufficient angle to view the blindspot.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ndx2
why do you use round convex mirrors? I think it's much better to use those rectangular ones (wedge-like ones) - they look better and, imo, work better. I'll snap a pic of it on mine and post it if anyone's interested.
If you put the wedges at the bottom of the mirror like you're supposed to it interferes with the tilting of the mirror when you backup. I ripped the one off of my car when I bought it because I can't STAND how cheap they look. Makes me barf just thinking about how ugly they are.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by Inaccurate
Thread bump !!!

I got this mirror last week. I have driven with it for one week now. I LOVE IT. My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner.

...I live in Houston, and commute across the heart of Houston during my daily commute. My commute involves many miles on major freeways that are 6 and sometime 8 lanes wide. So, I live-and-die by my mirrors.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE MULTIVEX MIRRORS !!!

I purchased the mirrors from

www.multivexmirror.net

Below is a direct link to the PN#25073LH for the
04-06 Acura TL (click here)
Nice thread bump! I never even heard of these before. I hear you on Houston traffic.. the inner loop is a nightmare.

I think I may order these.. that's not a bad price. I used to have the full view rear view mirror in my '93 accord but that's a definite no no on the TL. btw.. "worth their weight" that's "corntastic!"
Old 04-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Pro

I've had these on for a couple of years now and still think they're great. Zero blind spots.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dmarcus48
I've had these on for a couple of years now and still think they're great. Zero blind spots.
dmarcus48,
Would you or anyone else who has used this mirror for more than a year comment on its durability/appearance at this point?

I live in Boston and love the heated mirror feature. Does the heated mirror still do a good job transferring the heat to this convex mirror?

Did you use black silicone when applying the mirror to assist the heated mirror function? If so, where can I purchase this?

PS - I have the dreaded OEM mirror "bleeding" or "browning" going on. I figure this is a good opportunity to buy these convex mirrors, instead of spending the money on new OEM glass and struggling to install.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Safety Car

I had mine for 10 months. I can't comment on the heater function, but mine looks like the first day I installed the mirror. However, my car is hand washed and kept in the garage 24/7 (well, except for commuting of course).

Never had a problem with the mirror. I worship the mirror everytime I drive.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
im grabbing one!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Pro

Well I'm in NJ, I've had these mirrors on for years, and I simply love them. I couldn't imagine owning a car without these mirrors. They've been on for about 3 years I guess and I've had ZERO problems. I did not apply the silicone around the edges, there wasn't that much room and I figured I'd screw it up, so I didn't put it on. I really don't use the heated mirrors THAT much, but when I have they still seem to work well. You CAN NOT go wrong with these. Out of all the mods I've done to my car (look at my signature), I'd have to say that these are on the top of the list for usefulness. In the past with other cars, I've just ordered the European glass for the mirror, but the TL is a North America car only (and china i think) so there isn't any European glass.

My wife who at first hated them, now loves them, you can see EVERYTHING. I can't think of anything bad to say about them. They've been through numerous car washes (I'm not washing a car outside when it's 25 degress outside). They are GREAT!

I'd say these, the shortened door locks, and the auto close on the windows are the best mods I've done.

Dave

Originally Posted by jeff442
dmarcus48,
Would you or anyone else who has used this mirror for more than a year comment on its durability/appearance at this point?

I live in Boston and love the heated mirror feature. Does the heated mirror still do a good job transferring the heat to this convex mirror?

Did you use black silicone when applying the mirror to assist the heated mirror function? If so, where can I purchase this?

PS - I have the dreaded OEM mirror "bleeding" or "browning" going on. I figure this is a good opportunity to buy these convex mirrors, instead of spending the money on new OEM glass and struggling to install.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Old MT TL

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Bump*
I would not mind having these with all this cali traffic. How is the 3m? Still holding?!
Old 06-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Safety Car

^ To date, it has been 3 years and 39,000 miles since I installed my MultiVex Mirror. The MultiVex Mirror looks EXACTLY like the day that I installed it.

That is, in the past 3 years and 39,000 miles, the MultiVex Mirror has never came loose, never discolored, never flaked any silver backing, never cracked, never chipped.

The MultiVex Mirror has performed like a champ. It could easily be passed-off as being oem-installed in regards to appearance, longevity, and performance.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Pro

I've had mine on for over 5 years (I have an 06 tl with 50k miles). I can't imagine driving without the multivex mirrors. I've never had any problems with them at all, the tape, the glass, nothing. And I go to car washes, I just can't get the energy up to wash my car when it's 17 degress outside in January in NJ. When I get another car, that's one of the first things I'm going to do, get another set of mirrors, unless the car is available in Europe and I can get European glass for the mirrors. That's what I had on my previous car, a 2003 Volvo S80.

The multivex mirrors are great.

Dave

Originally Posted by Inaccurate
^ To date, it has been 3 years and 39,000 miles since I installed my MultiVex Mirror. The MultiVex Mirror looks EXACTLY like the day that I installed it.

That is, in the past 3 years and 39,000 miles, the MultiVex Mirror has never came loose, never discolored, never flaked any silver backing, never cracked, never chipped.

The MultiVex Mirror has performed like a champ. It could easily be passed-off as being oem-installed in regards to appearance, longevity, and performance.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I think I am going to order a pair on Monday!

Quick Reply: MultiVex Mirrors...