3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multiple Burned Out Dash Bulbs = Electical Issues or Bad Luck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Multiple Burned Out Dash Bulbs = Electical Issues or Bad Luck?

Hey Guys,

Long time no write. I've been busy with family and work lately. But here is a quick question for you guys. I've had all 4 bulbs in the HFL controls and Voice Command controls burn out recently. On top of that, my VSA and the mirror heater L/R backlit bulb died in recent days also. And if things could not get worse, the "memo" button next to the power seat 1 and 2 button is out also! Actually, does anyone know if the "memo" button is supposed to be back lit?

Acura of Boston ordered the 4 steering wheel buttons and replaced them all. They also did the VSA. I hadn't realized the memo and the mirror L/R switch lights till tonight as I don't really look down much. The voice command button is now amber while the other 3 buttons in the area are all light green. Is this right for those with the NAV? I called the dealer and they said they will look into it and call back.

Can someone tell me if this is bad luck or electrical issues of a deeper nature? What are the chances of these bulbs all burning out after about one and a half year of ownership?

Thanks,
dsc888
Old 12-13-2005, 10:31 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Let's hope for bad luck. Have you done any mods at all that altered the electrical circuits? If not, just pay close attention and let the dealer worry about it. I think memo only lights up if you push the button. I'll check if nobody responds. How many miles?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MR1
Let's hope for bad luck. Have you done any mods at all that altered the electrical circuits? If not, just pay close attention and let the dealer worry about it. I think memo only lights up if you push the button. I'll check if nobody responds. How many miles?
MR1,

My memo button only causes the 1 and 2 LEDs to blink when pushed. But please let me know what happens on yours. My TL is an '04 with NAV with 22K on the odometer. I have done nothing to the electical system. All mods have been strictly related to the suspension. It seemed as though all the bulbs burned out within a period of about a month! Odd! Thanks for your response and your help.

dsc888
Old 12-13-2005, 11:56 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by dsc888
MR1,

My memo button only causes the 1 and 2 LEDs to blink when pushed. But please let me know what happens on yours. My TL is an '04 with NAV with 22K on the odometer. I have done nothing to the electical system. All mods have been strictly related to the suspension. It seemed as though all the bulbs burned out within a period of about a month! Odd! Thanks for your response and your help.

dsc888

OK, I just went out and checked for you.
Memo light should be on as well as 1 and 2. HFL, voice command and all lighted buttoms are the same shade and color. I don't understand the soft fail yours seem to be going through. Be comforted by about three more years of warranty; let them worry about it.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MR1

OK, I just went out and checked for you.
Memo light should be on as well as 1 and 2. HFL, voice command and all lighted buttoms are the same shade and color. I don't understand the soft fail yours seem to be going through. Be comforted by about three more years of warranty; let them worry about it.
MR1,

Thanks a bunch, man! I will look on the bright side and chock it up to a bad batch of bulbs. I may ask the service manager to have the tech replace ALL the bulbs in the area since 7 burned out bulbs is too much of a coincidence. I did ask him about other electrical worries. He told me to see if the new ones burn out, if they do shortly, then they will have to take a deeper look into it. THanks again.

dsc888