Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MrHeelToe failed website/ordering

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MrHeelToe failed website/ordering

edit: This is from later in the thread after he spoke with Marcus on the phone.
Originally Posted by SiGGy
I'm on the horn with him, he's doing all he can to fix this...

The root of the problem is using a Virtual credit card number...

Here's what happened...

I ordered once, website said it failed... but the charge went through
I made a new virtual account number
I ordered again, website said it failed, but the charge went through

I sent e-mail, he responded and explained my address was wrong and charges would drop off.

I waited 6 days (4 business days)

I still had 2 charges, so I called the bank they tell me the charges indeed went through...

So this morning I posted here seeing if I was the only one who had this happen.

Called Marcus... he's calling my bank now to fix it.

He IS doing all that can be done to try and fix this. Way above and beyond what he needs to do...

Moral of story is don't use a virtual account number with their ordering system until they update it! This is a huge pain for everyone involved if you do.

From Marcus perspective he never received any $$, so he didn't know there was a problem to deal with. So in all regards I was just another customer who used a bad address.

My perspective was I had 2 charges of $475 but no order to go with it...

Marcus is a stand up guy, he is by no means out to cheat anyone.

This is just a very unfortunate circumstance for everyone involved. Lots of confusion on both ends...

What a way to start the week
Anyone else have issues ordering from this place?

I'm not impressed thus far. Their ordering systems sucks...

So I submit my 1st order for $475, it fails and says bad address.

I think OK, maybe I fat fingered something...

So I submit another order for the same $475, it too fails and says bad address (be sure this time I scrutinized it) However since I use Firefox it auto-completes all of my form entries. So the address was 100% correct the 1st time...

This was on the 14th...

Today on the 20th I still see 2 charges for $475 on my credit card.

And the only response I get from the MrHeelToe tech support is my address is wrong and to call my bank.

I mean come on here, I KNOW my own home address and I have ordered online before using it obviously.

So do they expect me to try a 3rd time possibly holding another 475 on my credit card...

This is just unacceptable... and what company HOLDS the $$ on a FAILED order...

I sent them a bit of a nasty gram this morning asking them why they haven't reversed the charges yet.

I'm sure others have ordered with no issues, this post isn't about that. It's about how orders are handled when something goes wrong...

Last edited by SiGGy; 07-20-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I should add, my bank tells me the 1st transaction was approved... WTF

Last edited by SiGGy; 07-20-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow thats crazy man. makes me not even want to mess with that. i was looking at purchasing from them here in a little too. i hope everything works out for u
Old 07-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I should add, my bank tells me the 1st transaction was approved... WTF
Dispute both charges, in writing, with a statement as to what happened. Telling your bank over the phone will not protect you.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I didn't have any problems with the ordering system, but I did order Stoptech rotors and recieved Powerslot....he said they're the same thing, I have to call Stoptech to confirm...I just don't get why he would list them as Stoptech if you're not getting Stoptech rotors. Have another section for Powerslot? Or make it clear before you order...
Old 07-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Instructor

sounds like bad news so far ordering with them...
Old 07-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
this is a rare incident-- based on numerous ziners buying brake kits and suspension from him all the time- for several years, including me tricking out the 01

Websites take time to update- and if a change is a one time subsitution thing- it wont make it on the webpage

It always WISE to call ANY company you are ordering from to confirm current availabilty- Some items may be on a shelf in their hands, while others get drop shipped from the maker-
like RacingBrake comes from NJ on the big brown truck

nasty emails? try CALLING- that will put you direct to Marcus the owner-operator-web updater- cc processor
Its a mom and pop parts biz, and emails may get backlogged in answering-
PHONE gets immediate help- the number is on his postings and is his cell phone/blackberry

If there is anything different on your mailing address or billing address- the computer will spit it back. Sometimes systems do wierd things or crash unexpectedly
Call your company and explain whats happened, complete any forms and mail them in as a backup- BUT Marcus should have it fixed before then.

While Stoptech is the normally sold brand, if the main warehouse for them were out- and expected to be out for a month or more, then a suitable alternate was used
Sometimes the warehouse makes that decision without notifying its vendors
If RacingBrake (which besides its own stuff also carries other brandss- they are a brake parts consolidator, one order gets you one box filled with pads rotors lines etc)
was out of Stoptech, they shipped something else and may not have told marcus-
Still better than OE quality, (many brands use several `maker name` for same part so stoptech might make prostop)

As long as the slot direction matches the front- thats just for looks not function-
then its ok
The rears do 30 percent of the braking- anything back there is mostly bling anyway

Lets say- Marcus read your email and found the double billing error- which you caused by making 2 orders-
So he has to cancel the order in his system, generate a return credit to go thru the processing company which then on to your bank,,this can take several days

I dont believe they are intentionally `holding your money`- its a system error and banking delay- things dont process on weekends etc

A simple phone call will straighten it out- make sure Marcus knows what you are trying to order- have the order numbers and cc transaction numbers
He will find out why the system glitch- get your order processed and shipped
so you can return here and say you are another happy customer
Old 07-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
this is a rare incident-- based on numerous ziners buying brake kits and suspension from him all the time- for several years, including me tricking out the 01

Websites take time to update- and if a change is a one time subsitution thing- it wont make it on the webpage
Not sure what website updates have to do with any of this...

It always WISE to call ANY company you are ordering from to confirm current availabilty- Some items may be on a shelf in their hands, while others get drop shipped from the maker-
like RacingBrake comes from NJ on the big brown truck

nasty emails? try CALLING- that will put you direct to Marcus the owner-operator-web updater- cc processor
Its a mom and pop parts biz, and emails may get backlogged in answering-
PHONE gets immediate help- the number is on his postings and is his cell phone/blackberry
The number is NOWHERE on the website which is a statement in itself. It should be directly on the "contact" page but it's not.

If there is anything different on your mailing address or billing address- the computer will spit it back. Sometimes systems do wierd things or crash unexpectedly
Call your company and explain whats happened, complete any forms and mail them in as a backup- BUT Marcus should have it fixed before then.
There was nothing different on my address, as I said the 1st charge was accepted yet his website said my address didn't match. Yet oddly the 2nd charge failed but still shows on my card.

It's been 4 business days... it should have been fixed already after I 1st send him an e-mail asking what was going on.

While Stoptech is the normally sold brand, if the main warehouse for them were out- and expected to be out for a month or more, then a suitable alternate was used
Sometimes the warehouse makes that decision without notifying its vendors
If RacingBrake (which besides its own stuff also carries other brandss- they are a brake parts consolidator, one order gets you one box filled with pads rotors lines etc)
was out of Stoptech, they shipped something else and may not have told marcus-
Still better than OE quality, (many brands use several `maker name` for same part so stoptech might make prostop)

As long as the slot direction matches the front- thats just for looks not function-
then its ok
The rears do 30 percent of the braking- anything back there is mostly bling anyway
Good excuses, but sorry the customer should have been contacted PRIOR to shipping out different goods than they purchased. Asked if the equivalent was acceptable. If I ordered a 43" Sony TV and ended 43" Vizio I'd be pissed.

Lets say- Marcus read your email and found the double billing error- which you caused by making 2 orders-
So he has to cancel the order in his system, generate a return credit to go thru the processing company which then on to your bank,,this can take several days

I dont believe they are intentionally `holding your money`- its a system error and banking delay- things dont process on weekends etc
You obviously DIDN'T read my thread. The 1st order failed, so I ordered it a 2nd time.

A simple phone call will straighten it out- make sure Marcus knows what you are trying to order- have the order numbers and cc transaction numbers
He will find out why the system glitch- get your order processed and shipped
so you can return here and say you are another happy customer
His phone number is NOWHERE to be found on his website...

While I appreciate your reply and it's well written. It seems as if you didn't really read what I said happened. And you seem to be making excuses up for the company which is just odd in itself.

I will find his info on here and call Him, but really he should have already called me... I mean if I had a sale of $500 potentially not going through I think I would make sure it did... Then again that's me, I'd also have my phone number easily found on the website.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:26 AM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
I have ordered from Marcus numerous times and have had nothing but good experiences. He has been really busy lately and I know this weekend he was out at Acurafest because he was one of the sponsers and he gave away hundreds of dollars in free stuff. Marcus is a stand up guy I don't think he would intentionally screw anyone over. If you are having problems, don't email or message him or whatever, get on the phone, talk to him in person, and he will make it work.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
I have ordered from Marcus numerous times and have had nothing but good experiences. He has been really busy lately and I know this weekend he was out at Acurafest because he was one of the sponsers and he gave away hundreds of dollars in free stuff. Marcus is a stand up guy I don't think he would intentionally screw anyone over. If you are having problems, don't email or message him or whatever, get on the phone, talk to him in person, and he will make it work.
Ya, I'm going to do that today...

Why does everyone toss in excuses? "he's been really busy". I mean that's great and all, but so have I. It's how I can afford to spend $500 with him...

I was using the contact method provided on his own website. Why he doesn't have a contact page with contact information is a bit perplexing. Or why he didn't just send me his phone number in one of our e-mails to call him.

I'm telling my experience dealing with this company with a glitch in the ordering process.

This is BUSINESS guys, not personal... I have $1000 of available credit gone on my CC and nothing to show for it after 4 business days. And the CC company tells me one of the charges has gone through, and the other needs to be removed which either he can do or I can wait 30 days.

Hopefully the phone call will fix everything...

Last edited by SiGGy; 07-20-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:32 AM
2009 g37s 6mt

Not sure what website updates have to do with any of this...

The number is NOWHERE on the website which is a statement in itself. It should be directly on the "contact" page but it's not.

There was nothing different on my address, as I said the 1st charge was accepted yet his website said my address didn't match. Yet oddly the 2nd charge failed but still shows on my card.

It's been 4 business days... it should have been fixed already after I 1st send him an e-mail asking what was going on.

Good excuses, but sorry the customer should have been contacted PRIOR to shipping out different goods than they purchased. Asked if the equivalent was acceptable. If I ordered a 43" Sony TV and ended 43" Vizio I'd be pissed.

You obviously DIDN'T read my thread. The 1st order failed, so I ordered it a 2nd time.

His phone number is NOWHERE to be found on his website...

While I appreciate your reply and it's well written. It seems as if you didn't really read what I said happened. And you seem to be making excuses up for the company which is just odd in itself.

I will find his info on here and call Him, but really he should have already called me... I mean if I had a sale of $500 potentially not going through I think I would make sure it did... Then again that's me, I'd also have my phone number easily found on the website.
Contact Marcus, (949)295-1668 he is a cool dude and helped me out with a ct cb for 975 shipped, 100 bucks cheaper than everywhere else, he is very understanding and will correct this confusion.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
I've heard nothing but good also...but I am sorry to hear that you are going through this...def. sounds frustrating. I've been in that position numerous times and I never like it.

I'm sure Marcus will be on here soon enough to straighten this out.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I can vouch for Marcus too :P
Bought so many items from him and never had a prob. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:53 AM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
I think Marcus is a great guy. Call him up now.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
WTF is this post all about, David? I just got off the phone with you and you express nowhere near the discontent in "person" as you are online here.

There was an obvious fluke here in the system (which admittedly does need to be updated) but it has successfully run more than 4000 orders with no such persistent problems as this.

I certainly hope you can find it within reason to further update this thread with your experience on the phone which I was happy to give you as much detail as possible and advice and further willingness to work with you to get the issue resolved.

NOTE TO OTHERS, my site does not like "Virtual Card Numbers." We are immediately going to amend the checkout process to indicate this newfound fact.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I'm on the horn with him, he's doing all he can to fix this...

The root of the problem is using a Virtual credit card number...

Here's what happened...

I ordered once, website said it failed... but the charge went through
I made a new virtual account number
I ordered again, website said it failed, but the charge went through

I sent e-mail, he responded and explained my address was wrong and charges would drop off.

I waited 6 days (4 business days)

I still had 2 charges, so I called the bank they tell me the charges indeed went through...

So this morning I posted here seeing if I was the only one who had this happen.

Called Marcus... he's calling my bank now to fix it.

He IS doing all that can be done to try and fix this. Way above and beyond what he needs to do...

Moral of story is don't use a virtual account number with their ordering system until they update it! This is a huge pain for everyone involved if you do.

From Marcus perspective he never received any $$, so he didn't know there was a problem to deal with. So in all regards I was just another customer who used a bad address.

My perspective was I had 2 charges of $475 but no order to go with it...

Marcus is a stand up guy, he is by no means out to cheat anyone.

This is just a very unfortunate circumstance for everyone involved. Lots of confusion on both ends...

What a way to start the week

Last edited by SiGGy; 07-20-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Ouch! And I like using vitual (one time use) credit cards. Much much safer to use. Glad Marcus is working with you to get this fixed. I'm sure he's also shipping your order.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
Wouldn't expect to see a post like this from a mod in regards to a forum sponsor. Should've been handled better (professionally) IMHO, angry man rant post don't really resolve anything !

Last edited by BlueAc; 07-20-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Boom, fixed. I called his bank and had the charges removed. We look forward to seeing a do-over soon. I am sorry the virtual cards did not work but to prevent fraud we need to put certain road-blocks in place that perform address verification. Virtual cards don't specifically link to your address so my system denies them. We are hoping to change the issue in the near future, but in the meantime using a plastic is best.

The virtual cards are certainly safer from a certain standpoint but I think more than anything else the provide peace-of-mind. Legitimate sites such as ours invest in SSL certifications that make the site very secure and we have had zero instances of credit card fraud (well, one, back before we did address verification!).

Marcus
Old 07-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Race Director

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,346 Posts
The moral of the story is a Mega Moderator shouldn't act like an ass before having all the facts.

If you had bothered to do any research you'd have discovered that Marcus has been around a long time and has 100's if not 1000's of satisfied and repeat customers from this board. I sure would have expected better from a Mod, much less a Mega Mod, whatever that is.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
The moral of the story is a Mega Moderator shouldn't act like an ass before having all the facts.

If you had bothered to do any research you'd have discovered that Marcus has been around a long time and has 100's if not 1000's of satisfied and repeat customers from this board. I sure would have expected better from a Mod, much less a Mega Mod, whatever that is.
Being a Megamod doesn't alleviate me from having problems and or voicing them.

Actually, I did do research which is why I ordered from him...

And your welcome to think I acted like an ass, however my only form of communication to him was a message board. His phone number was nowhere to be found on his website...

I also waited almost a week for my funds to be returned per our initial conversations. Then when I called the bank and found they had actually gone through I was a bit concerned so I posted here.

And in the end I am placing my order with him still...

Did I over-react a bit? Possibly, but this wasn't a simple transaction gone bad... and when the Vendor doesn't have an order but the credit card company has charges I get concerned. It was only compounded when I couldn't find a phone number to call...

Last edited by SiGGy; 07-20-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
Being a Megamod doesn't alleviate me from having problems and or voicing them.

Actually, I did do research which is why I ordered from him...

And your welcome to think I acted like an ass, however my only form of communication to him was a message board. His phone number was nowhere to be found on his website...

I also waited almost a week for my funds to be returned per our initial conversations. Then when I called the bank and found they had actually gone through I was a bit concerned so I posted here.

And in the end I am placing my order with him still...

Did I over-react a bit? Possibly, but this wasn't a simple transaction gone bad...
You could have just as easily made a thread asking for his contact number. But its irrelevant now, glad to see you got the situation resolved though !
Old 07-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by BlueAc
Wouldn't expect to see a post like this from a mod in regards to a forum sponsor. Should've been handled better (professionally) IMHO, angry man rant post don't really resolve anything !
Agreed, however it wasn't an angry bitch fest post to start. It was my concerns along with the facts.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Guys he was really patient and when it comes down to it money is money and as far as he knew I had it and I was denying it. The only thing I have some exception with is that the timeline did not allow me to handle the issue before this thread was started. I wish that my competitors were not so terrible so as to instill this line of reaction would be taken the moment something goes wrong with an order. It seems like people like to assume I am going to F*ck them before I even have the chance to!

Anyway, lesson learned folks, sometimes sh*t happens, but Heeltoe will always be willing and happy to help!

Marcus
Old 07-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by txTL1019
No offense sir and hopefully prospective customer...you are a bit too new to take this thread to that extent. I hope that my supporters in this thread have reassured you enough that ordering from Heeltoe is a confident thing to do!
Old 07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by BlueAc
You could have just as easily made a thread asking for his contact number. But its irrelevant now, glad to see you got the situation resolved though !
yes, although embarrassingly I didn't realize he was a proper sponsor . I just searched for rotors and then google'd for his website. Most posts I found just mentioned mrheeltoe for parts, so I google'd it.

So the thought wouldn't have crossed my mind.

Otherwise I would have just IM'd another MOD or Mega... saving everyone from this ugliness.

But on the positive side, anyone who reads this and thinks his customer service sucks is an idiot. I'm ordering my stuff again right now... without a worry.

Last edited by SiGGy; 07-20-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Race Director

... however my only form of communication to him was a message board. His phone number was nowhere to be found on his website......
Ever heard of PM?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Ever heard of PM?
Read my sig. Don't PM me, use my messaging system.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by txTL1019
Bro, believe me, it is an awesome place to buy your TL stuff. Yeah shit happens and as you can see it's been resolved. I have and will order from him again, as will others.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Read my sig. Don't PM me, use my messaging system.
PM, message, whatever. Point being there were other options than to start a BITCH thread, especially for someone with mod resources.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Pro

got paypal?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
I get impatient with my money too.. lol.. waiting 6 days would have me unhinged as well. Glad there was a happy ending. A few months ago my coworkers and I went to lunch, they paid me cash and I put the tab on my card. I signed for ~$56.. I check my online acct over the weekend and I have a ~$5.6k charge.. WTF! of course I go to the bank first thing in the morning to get it settled.. I was told I have to talk to VISA even though it's through my debit card. 2 hrs later.. the Restaurant finally returned the funds, but the branch mgr told me sometimes a charge like that may not get refunded for weeks.. .. I was also refunded the $600 in overdrafts as well..
Old 07-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Former Sponsor

We have now updated our checkout page with a note not to use virtual card numbers and linked to a knoweldgebase article on the subject here:

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/support/i...eid=36&nav=0,2
Old 07-20-2009, 01:39 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
Glad to see it all worked out. Now you see why us loyal customers defend Marcus.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
256 bit encryption is good enough for me.. btw.. spell check:

If security is a concern for you we completely understand, and encourage you to notice the SSL certification ling on the lower left of our store layout, which indicates we are secured by GeoTrust SSL certificates providing 256 bit encryption thereby offering the highest level of encryption and security possible. This means you can rest assured that communications between your browser and this site's web servers are private and secure.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:50 PM
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,775 Likes on 1,234 Posts
I have had nothing but trouble with virtual cards, they stink. I will not use them, just an fyi.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Advanced

I know that the issue has been resolved, but I just wanted to be another positive voice for Marcus. I have bought items from him numerous times with great results. He has always been more than gracious providing assistance and making sure that the customer is satisfied.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was about to say ... I <3 marcus. I'm on the east coast and I order from him instead of you know who. Even though his prices are higher <friendly nudge>.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
^ +1 Same experience.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts
lol, google checkout ftw.

Quick Reply: MrHeelToe failed website/ordering