Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dodge Caravan-1, Acura TL-0

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dodge Caravan-1, Acura TL-0

Weds evening a Dodge Grand Caravan decided it wanted the same lane my TL was in. Results Below:

The only good thing to come out of this is that I will finally be able to put on that A-Spec Body kit I have been holding onto and my new Headlights.

Hope you guys have a safe weekend and keep up the TL cruisin.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts
Ouch...that rim took a beating. Hope you're okay.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Received 1,085 Likes on 810 Posts
Sorry to see the damage. At least you weren't hurt and good luck with the repairs.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:42 AM
Advanced

Hey just a bruised Rib from the door arm rest and sore from the impact. Found out this morning that apparently the hit tripped the Air bag relays but didn't trip the airbags. So now I am wondering if one day i am going to be sitting at a stop light and all of a sudden have the airbags go off. I will admit the TL is on tough car. they are going to look at the motor and transmission today. The repair shop seems to think that I might have broke a Motor mount but I would find that hard to believe with no frame damage.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Advanced

Forgot to put in the post the reason for the Caravans win is other than 2 flat tires and a small scratch on the rear passanger corner of the car his car was disabled. Got to wonder what the heck the minivan is made out of. Damn thing is a tank. I have decided that if the Insurance company write of the car my next vehicle is going to be a jeep with full Metal front and rear bumpers Rock rails on the side an one big as bully Bar. Not to mention lifted so if I do get into an accident I can just drive over the darn car Minivan or not LOL
Old 04-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by TLDude876
Sorry to see the damage. At least you weren't hurt and good luck with the repairs.
^^^ this. all that matters is you (and family if applicible) are ok. cars can be fixed/replaced. that being said, sorry to see/hear this.

I almost had the same thing happen the second or third day I got my car, but it was a escalade. stupid bitch talkin on her cellphone merging with out checking blindspot
Old 04-27-2012, 07:34 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
moar airflow for teh intake.

but seriously, sorry to see this. let us know what ends up happening with it...looks like a pretty easy fix. new quarter panel, front bumper (conversion), new headlights. it'll be good as new.

glad you're ok...car accidents are scary stuff!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Was the gril in the next lane and just did not look at where she was going?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:41 AM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
That does suck man, luckily you're safe though. And like you said, new A-Spec on the way!! I have to ask though, what rims do you have? Looks like they got attacked by a giant can opener.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
The following 3 users liked this post by Guiltyox:
paperboy42190 (05-01-2012), TWiSDiT (04-28-2012), Undying Dreams (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Advanced

Good news from the body shop Definitly no frame damage now lets just pray no engine or transmission damage. and that the Air bags are ok sisnce they didn't trip but the relays went off. I have come to the mind set of any accident you can walk away from unhurt is a good thing. Cars can be replaced but people can not. Thanks for all your support.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Undying Dreams
That does suck man, luckily you're safe though. And like you said, new A-Spec on the way!! I have to ask though, what rims do you have? Looks like they got attacked by a giant can opener.
The Rims are Drag DR 19 18 gunmetal mesh. Thats what happens when a Steel spare rim meets nice custom rims.
The following users liked this post:
Undying Dreams (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Race Director

Damn, looks like it dug into the outer band and kept peeling it away from the rim.

Good thing there's not frame damage, hopefully no engine/tranny damage either, from the looks of it, it looks all cosmetic.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Advanced

yeah for the most part one concern with the engine and tranny is that the axel shaft broke and so did the lower control arm and shock. must have been from the car hitting the curb that broke the suspension
Old 04-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Guiltyox

That is the funniest thing I have ever seen so true.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 663 Posts
Glad you're ok, OP. Hopefully that damage isn't extensive and gets sorted out accordingly.

Was a police report filed? Did anyone get any citations?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
I laughed when I read the title of the thread because I assumed that the Caravan beat you in a race. lol...

But damn, that's messed up. The rim looks awful.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Advanced

A police report was filed and the other driver was sited for wreckless indangerment, Failure to yield, Illegal lane change, No insurance card, driving on a suspended license, and failure to maintain control of vehicle along with resisting arrest. The best part was when the office r first arrived on the scene the other driver was trying to drive his vehicle out from under neither the parked Pickup he hit and leave the scene. When asked by the officer what he was doing the gentlemen told the officer to mind his own business and to get out of his way. I was just standing there laughing my ass off thinking this guy might seriously be the dumbest person i have ever met. I guess i should have told a little more about what actually happen. I was travel east bound in the right hand lane down a four lane rd near my house. Speed limit on the road is 40mph. The minivan turned left out of a side rd and proceeded to pull into the right lane right into my car. from that point on my car bounced off the curb three times into the rear corner of the minivan and then finally jumped the curb and stopped on a street sign the mini van had taken down on its way into the drive and under the tacoma pick up that was parked. When i got out of my car the gentlemen asked me what i was doing and why did i hit him. I told him I was in the right lane and that he had hit me. he proceeded to tell me to F-Off and went back to his van and started to try and remove it from the backend of the Tacoma and i called 911 and luckly an officer happen to be doing radar just down the road. He shows up and ask the gentlemen to step out of his vehicle and the gentlemen told him no and to get out of his way. ever had that moment when you thought oh crap this guys gonna get shot. So the officer finally got the guy out of the car, hand cuffed him and set him in the grass. Then walked over to me and began to ask me what happen. I explained what happen to the officer. by then another officer had arrived and the gentlemen was put into the back of the cop car and eveything was cleaned up. I was given all the information and had to do a little paper work and was sent home. All in all an eventful day. Now i just hope the guy really has insurance and that i wont have to take him to court over all of this. Just another thing to worry about not to mention the lost day of work and all the stress. Just as a word of advice to all your guys if you mod your car keep all reciepts for any mods done because they are used for reimbursment and replacement. I keep a complete log of everything done to my car right down to every gas reciept and by having this record the body shop has been able to replace all after market parts. Also going to have the repair shop paint my grill body color so my black chrome Acura emblem doesn't look so out of place. In a way this accident was a good thing.

Originally Posted by twigglius
I laughed when I read the title of the thread because I assumed that the Caravan beat you in a race. lol...

But damn, that's messed up. The rim looks awful.
I wish it was the case atleast then my car would be in one piece.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 04-27-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:33 AM
UA6
Safety Car

Received 700 Likes on 438 Posts
That guy is an idiot. At least you're ok.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
No insurance? Good luck:/

Dibs on the CAI
Old 04-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
jesus fuck thas a brutal sight to see, hope you are okay and hopefully ur tl will be back on the road soon!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I own both, never thought of merging the 2
Old 04-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
JW, sorry to see this, but glad no frame damage.

I had this same scenario happen to me with my previous car. The other driver got a Failure To Yield ticket. They had no insurance, and were driving on a suspended license. My car got totaled, which led me to buy my Type S.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Originally Posted by JWTL04
A police report was filed and the other driver was sited for wreckless indangerment, Failure to yield, Illegal lane change, No insurance card, driving on a suspended license, and failure to maintain control of vehicle along with resisting arrest. The best part was when the office r first arrived on the scene the other driver was trying to drive his vehicle out from under neither the parked Pickup he hit and leave the scene. When asked by the officer what he was doing the gentlemen told the officer to mind his own business and to get out of his way. I was just standing there laughing my ass off thinking this guy might seriously be the dumbest person i have ever met. I guess i should have told a little more about what actually happen. I was travel east bound in the right hand lane down a four lane rd near my house. Speed limit on the road is 40mph. The minivan turned left out of a side rd and proceeded to pull into the right lane right into my car. from that point on my car bounced off the curb three times into the rear corner of the minivan and then finally jumped the curb and stopped on a street sign the mini van had taken down on its way into the drive and under the tacoma pick up that was parked. When i got out of my car the gentlemen asked me what i was doing and why did i hit him. I told him I was in the right lane and that he had hit me. he proceeded to tell me to F-Off and went back to his van and started to try and remove it from the backend of the Tacoma and i called 911 and luckly an officer happen to be doing radar just down the road. He shows up and ask the gentlemen to step out of his vehicle and the gentlemen told him no and to get out of his way. ever had that moment when you thought oh crap this guys gonna get shot. So the officer finally got the guy out of the car, hand cuffed him and set him in the grass. Then walked over to me and began to ask me what happen. I explained what happen to the officer. by then another officer had arrived and the gentlemen was put into the back of the cop car and eveything was cleaned up. I was given all the information and had to do a little paper work and was sent home. All in all an eventful day. Now i just hope the guy really has insurance and that i wont have to take him to court over all of this. Just another thing to worry about not to mention the lost day of work and all the stress. Just as a word of advice to all your guys if you mod your car keep all reciepts for any mods done because they are used for reimbursment and replacement. I keep a complete log of everything done to my car right down to every gas reciept and by having this record the body shop has been able to replace all after market parts. Also going to have the repair shop paint my grill body color so my black chrome Acura emblem doesn't look so out of place. In a way this accident was a good thing.
Paragraphs, dude.
The following 3 users liked this post by guitarplayer16:
Majofo (05-03-2012), Mrtastygoody (05-01-2012), Mug (04-28-2012)
Old 04-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
dam that sux, I hope it turn out in your favor. oh well its time for Type S bumper and start the conversion, this is an excuse
Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM
'06 NBP TL 5AT NAV

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
In Virginia you usually can't get them out of the left lane...

Glad you're ok, it's weird about the airbags.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:43 PM

Received 9,493 Likes on 6,165 Posts
Wow, that other driver sure was a jackass. Glad you're okay
Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Advanced

Sorry about the long unbroken up mass of text in previous post was psting at work and just trying to get everything in. Will break up big text next time. As for the latest update. The insurance company has decide not to total the car due to no frame damage.

That being said the car parts have started coming in at the auto body shop. New wheels, CAI, Headlights, Side markers, and having a few areas painted to touch up some dents and dings around the car.

The body shop is also going to paint the front grill to match the body. This way my Black Chrome emblems dont stick out like a sore thumb with all that silver up front. No go on the Aspec kit cant get it here in time. was missing a few pieces.

Plus I need to track down some stock Type-S Exhaust tips since the rear bumper I have at home is from a Type-S. Nice thing was that the body shop painted it to match already. So once I get the exhaust all I will have to do is put it on. I should have the exhaust in about a month since funding is now tight.

Will keep you guys updated to new changes.

Be Safe and keep it low and slow.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Race Director

Glad to hear they didn't total it and the body shop it getting all your aftermarket stuff replaced.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by GeezerB
I own both, never thought of merging the 2
<---- Silver 2009 Caravan and 2006 AM TL OWNER
Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Advanced

Update: the body shop calls me yesterday to say that my rims and tires have come in and that whenthey went to mount them on the car and do the alignment the found that some of the suspension parts were broken and needed to be replaced but state farm will not replace with brand new acura parts. I asked what did he mean and he said the use quality replacement parts or slightly used.

I was like what the hell. I dont want slightly used parts put on my car especially when it comes to the suspension parts. because if something goes wrong there its results in another accident.

Have any of you guys had any issues with replacement parts.

I guess I should ask for detailed parts list.
Might be worth looking into suspension mods sooner than later if a lot needs to be replaced.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Race Director

If you went with new Acura OEM parts it'll probably be outrageous. See how much first though but if it's close to say...$600? Mid as well drop the money on coilovers.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
State farm is pushing used parts.. fuck that noise. Stand your ground, when it's all over, change insurance carriers.

If that asshole came at me the way he did to you I would have run him over with his own van. Glad you're okay OP, and glad that dickhead was booked.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Advanced

Update:
Got the car back:

New Painted Grill:

Hope this weekend i can get a chance to take a real photo shoot just quick iPhone pics.

All said and done $542.00 out of pocket for now Deductable. will get back once my insurance goes after the Dumbass who hit me. Total cost was $10,586.43. Got a brand new AEM V2 CAI and replaced aftermarket rims. will post better pics this weekend
Old 05-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Race Director

Awesome! Glad you got it back!
Old 05-17-2012, 02:48 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Old 05-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Looks good. Glad it came back looking like new.