AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Look for Blue Turbo TL in 1320 Video (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/look-blue-turbo-tl-1320-video-970071/)

SerpentX 05-23-2018 02:22 PM

Look for Blue Turbo TL in 1320 Video

Recently Kyle from 1320 just got hit Unicorn C5 Corvette up and running. In this video he drives by a Sexy Blue Turbo TL (@6:09), does anyone know who owns it and how to get in touch with them?

I am not sure if I can post links yet, but in case link doesn't work it is the Video titled:"We Cranked up the BOOST - New Personal BEST!" posted May 20, 2018

Thank you,

Vega
SerpentXSF

P.S. just looking to speak with them, and get some insight on the build. I don't need full spec sheet if they don't want to share it.

BreezyTL 05-23-2018 02:30 PM

Name is Aldin, from Des Moines.

SerpentX 05-23-2018 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by BreezyTL (Post 16237903)
Name is Aldin, from Des Moines.

Is he on this Forum? Do you know him personally or no?

BreezyTL 05-23-2018 02:46 PM

His car has been posted on the FB pages. I am not sure if he lurks here or not.

SerpentX 05-23-2018 02:51 PM

Nevermind, I think I found him. Thanks

Majofo 05-29-2018 05:24 PM

Edited OP for those interested

DesertMistTL 05-30-2018 03:12 AM

here's a walk around of his car at wekfest chicago: starts at 25m45s

mb.3g 05-30-2018 04:14 AM

Owner is very secretive about his build and doesn't openly share or post. Recently got a chance to see his ride up close since he painted it blue and manual swapped it.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...54b88da03b.jpg

04WDPSeDaN 05-30-2018 06:01 AM

I wanted to chime in on the whole force induction and 3GTL subject. I would love to hear if Mdnborg gets the same questions I get either from Acurazine, Facebook or Instagram. On Instagram, I have an account strictly about my TL. Since making the new account, I've had a little over 20 something PM's inquiring about my setup. This being, how much power you're putting down, what mods you have, are you tuned ect ect ect. Normally, I don't like to share what I've done to the TL because explaining things as "Well I have these supporting mods, tuned and I put down XXX" and having a response of "Well I have a 3.7 intake manifold and intake and put down XXX". Let me explain a bit more. I'm, not some dude on any social media trying to flex and lie about dyno numbers, because I don't care to be honest. When I have someone named Harry message me and is like "How much power bruh?!" and the same user is telling me he put down 280+ HP to the wheels with a swapped manifold and intake on a base model, automatic TL, I call bullshit.. I know exactly what these vehicles put down stock vs a modified, tuned or not. The numbers are generally the same give or take. I had a VERY long discussion with this one user who keeps posting "Turbo project soon" and not for nothing, judging by his current mods, I knew he had no clue what it would take to do a turbo build. He posted a that he purchased this ebay, Chinese kit where everything is thrown together and they give you some piping.. The kit is about 2K off of eBay and none of it will actually fit or work.. After a long conversation, I tried to suggest either the Comptech blower or Andy's Rotrex kit. He didn't want to lose the A/C and he's automatic, but still wants to kill the TL game with 600+ hp ect ect..

My whole thing with anyone looking to go into F/I, is that there are others who have done it. Step 1 should always be about doing research. Gain some knowledge before asking questions. These guys buy incomplete, used kits and then start asking questions. You have someone asking "What PSI is the stock comptech pulley?" It's clearly listed on the website and mentioned quite often else where, but still failed to do some homework. You can't go into F/I if you're not willing to understand how all this works. Not willing to understand why supporting mods are needed or why you really need a tune. Above all, Yes, it does cost 5-10K generally to go boosted. The same guy I was mentioning above, reached out to that owner who has the Turbo TL-S (Blue one) and I knew, the owner was not going to share much especially reading what this guy was asking. Not for nothing, why should he give out his information about the build? He invested his time and paid a lot more than the average price range to do it. I'd say Thank you for investing that kind of money and time to have such a unique build. So why would he waste his time explaining this to people who won't bother doing research beyond 10 mins? You want a bolt on kit? Yes, well buy the comptech or Rotrex kit. You're all about numbers but still want a bolt on kit, buy the Rotrex supercharger kit. You're all about serious numbers, well, then invest the money, buy quality and go completely custom with a turbo kit and build your engine and throw out the automatic transmission. Oh and let's not forget about axles, engine mounts, wheels & tires and anything else related to getting that power to the ground. To the OP, kindly understand, this guy won't tell you his build and his actually numbers.

mb.3g 05-30-2018 06:14 AM

Can't agree with you more. I'm willing to help anyone but if that person won't help themself I find absolutely 0 reason to aide. Sounds counterproductive but to be honest people need to help themselves first.

DesertMistTL 05-30-2018 04:35 PM

Summary
-noobs annoying as fuk

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN (Post 16240766)
I wanted to chime in on the whole force induction and 3GTL subject. I would love to hear if Mdnborg gets the same questions I get either from Acurazine, Facebook or Instagram. On Instagram, I have an account strictly about my TL. Since making the new account, I've had a little over 20 something PM's inquiring about my setup. This being, how much power you're putting down, what mods you have, are you tuned ect ect ect. Normally, I don't like to share what I've done to the TL because explaining things as "Well I have these supporting mods, tuned and I put down XXX" and having a response of "Well I have a 3.7 intake manifold and intake and put down XXX". Let me explain a bit more. I'm, not some dude on any social media trying to flex and lie about dyno numbers, because I don't care to be honest. When I have someone named Harry message me and is like "How much power bruh?!" and the same user is telling me he put down 280+ HP to the wheels with a swapped manifold and intake on a base model, automatic TL, I call bullshit.. I know exactly what these vehicles put down stock vs a modified, tuned or not. The numbers are generally the same give or take. I had a VERY long discussion with this one user who keeps posting "Turbo project soon" and not for nothing, judging by his current mods, I knew he had no clue what it would take to do a turbo build. He posted a that he purchased this ebay, Chinese kit where everything is thrown together and they give you some piping.. The kit is about 2K off of eBay and none of it will actually fit or work.. After a long conversation, I tried to suggest either the Comptech blower or Andy's Rotrex kit. He didn't want to lose the A/C and he's automatic, but still wants to kill the TL game with 600+ hp ect ect..

My whole thing with anyone looking to go into F/I, is that there are others who have done it. Step 1 should always be about doing research. Gain some knowledge before asking questions. These guys buy incomplete, used kits and then start asking questions. You have someone asking "What PSI is the stock comptech pulley?" It's clearly listed on the website and mentioned quite often else where, but still failed to do some homework. You can't go into F/I if you're not willing to understand how all this works. Not willing to understand why supporting mods are needed or why you really need a tune. Above all, Yes, it does cost 5-10K generally to go boosted. The same guy I was mentioning above, reached out to that owner who has the Turbo TL-S (Blue one) and I knew, the owner was not going to share much especially reading what this guy was asking. Not for nothing, why should he give out his information about the build? He invested his time and paid a lot more than the average price range to do it. I'd say Thank you for investing that kind of money and time to have such a unique build. So why would he waste his time explaining this to people who won't bother doing research beyond 10 mins? You want a bolt on kit? Yes, well buy the comptech or Rotrex kit. You're all about numbers but still want a bolt on kit, buy the Rotrex supercharger kit. You're all about serious numbers, well, then invest the money, buy quality and go completely custom with a turbo kit and build your engine and throw out the automatic transmission. Oh and let's not forget about axles, engine mounts, wheels & tires and anything else related to getting that power to the ground. To the OP, kindly understand, this guy won't tell you his build and his actually numbers.

mb.3g 05-30-2018 04:36 PM

I think you missed the point...

DesertMistTL 05-30-2018 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by mdnborg (Post 16241306)
I think you missed the point...

cool

04WDPSeDaN 05-31-2018 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by DesertMistTL (Post 16241479)
cool

Thanks!

DesertMistTL 05-31-2018 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 04wdpsedan (Post 16241553)
thanks!

<3