3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L-142: what does certified pre owned cover?

Old 08-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L-142: what does certified pre owned cover?

does it cover every little thing up to 100,000 miles?
Old 08-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 831 Likes on 679 Posts
What is NOT covered:
Wiper blades, battery, cables, steering wheel, belts, radiator hoses, heater hoses and vacuum hoses, spark plugs, timing belt replacement when performed as routine maintenance, exhaust system, head pipes, tailpipes, catalytic converter, mufflers, hangers, heat shields, gaskets (except for the manifold block gasket), and related fastening hardware, fuel system, fuel tank straps, fuel hoses, brake system wear items such as drums/rotors, shoes/pads, clutch disc, clutch pressure plate, throw out bearing, external shift linkages, pilot bearing/bushing, glass, mirror glass, body parts, body structure (except for hood hinges, trunk hinges, door hinges and sliding door rollers), hood fenders, doors, rear hatch, trunk lid, grille, panels, bright metal, sheet metal, paint (except for covered hinges painted to match the original VEHICLR color only), bumpers moldings, lenses, bezels, bulbs (except for instrument panel illumination bulbs), H.I.D. headlamps, sealed beams, fuses, body seals weather strips, (except for window sash and window run channels), outside ornamentation, emblems, tires, valve stems, wheel covers/ornaments, wheel locks, fastening/security hardware for non-covered components, stripped or cross threaded fasteners, body seals, squeaks, rattles, buttons, carpet, dash pad, console, window handles, knobs, boots, pedals, pads, rearview mirror (except for electronic failure of the auto-dimming mirror), interior trim, upholstery, floor mats, electronic/audio accessories and cellular telephones other than American Honda authorized electronic/audio accessories/navigational, DVD entertainment and security systems. Safety restraint system fastening hardware, seat belts and air bag(s) deployed due to collision.

Other than above, its bumper to bumper!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbonut
What is NOT covered:
Wiper blades, battery, cables, steering wheel, belts, radiator hoses, heater hoses and vacuum hoses, spark plugs, timing belt replacement when performed as routine maintenance, exhaust system, head pipes, tailpipes, catalytic converter, mufflers, hangers, heat shields, gaskets (except for the manifold block gasket), and related fastening hardware, fuel system, fuel tank straps, fuel hoses, brake system wear items such as drums/rotors, shoes/pads, clutch disc, clutch pressure plate, throw out bearing, external shift linkages, pilot bearing/bushing, glass, mirror glass, body parts, body structure (except for hood hinges, trunk hinges, door hinges and sliding door rollers), hood fenders, doors, rear hatch, trunk lid, grille, panels, bright metal, sheet metal, paint (except for covered hinges painted to match the original VEHICLR color only), bumpers moldings, lenses, bezels, bulbs (except for instrument panel illumination bulbs), H.I.D. headlamps, sealed beams, fuses, body seals weather strips, (except for window sash and window run channels), outside ornamentation, emblems, tires, valve stems, wheel covers/ornaments, wheel locks, fastening/security hardware for non-covered components, stripped or cross threaded fasteners, body seals, squeaks, rattles, buttons, carpet, dash pad, console, window handles, knobs, boots, pedals, pads, rearview mirror (except for electronic failure of the auto-dimming mirror), interior trim, upholstery, floor mats, electronic/audio accessories and cellular telephones other than American Honda authorized electronic/audio accessories/navigational, DVD entertainment and security systems. Safety restraint system fastening hardware, seat belts and air bag(s) deployed due to collision.

Other than above, its bumper to bumper!
haha ... it seems like just a powertrain warranty
Old 08-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,282 Posts
With all of the recent threads of all of the problems on CPO cars I'm not sure they're worth the premium. Acura has a pretty extensive checklist but it seems like it's just for show.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
With all of the recent threads of all of the problems on CPO cars I'm not sure they're worth the premium. Acura has a pretty extensive checklist but it seems like it's just for show.
CPO's from most manufacturers are just for show, just another excuse to attempt to get you to pay premium prices for used vehicles. Lexus is one of the worst, the 1 year old CPO's from them are close to the price of a new one.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,282 Posts
Originally Posted by BradE
CPO's from most manufacturers are just for show, just another excuse to attempt to get you to pay premium prices for used vehicles. Lexus is one of the worst, the 1 year old CPO's from them are close to the price of a new one.
I agree. My parents were looking at CPO Camrys just a month ago and I asked the salesman of their CPO cars were as bad as Acuras. He swore they have people from corportate come down randomly and pick a few cars off the lot to check out to make sure the checklist was really done. Hopefully he was telling the truth.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 831 Likes on 679 Posts
I've posted this before. When I purchased ours, the TL was not a CPO, but to make the deal after talking them down slightly, I said make it a CPO and we have a deal. Enough said, they made it a CPO and I purchased the car. It didn't have the inspection, but in the dealer's defense they had already installed new front/rear pads, turned the rotors, perfect Carfax, and no problems. A couple of wheels had some curb rash, so they even exchanged all four of them with another TL on the lot that had perfect wheels.
Just got to be carefule with any purchase.