3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you reset the memory feature for the seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:47 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you reset the memory feature for the seats?

I'm a newb here, and I did a search for this topic but couldn't find anything that specifically answered my questions.

So I'm hoping you guys could help.

How do you reset the memory settings for the driver's seat? I just got a 2005 TL (no navi), and I can't seem to get the seat position to stick. I've followed the instructions in the manual to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Intermediate

Just overwrite it with yours.
I don't know about the '05 but in my '07 I just press the memory (I think that's how it's called) then the 2 buttons blink and I just press 1 since it's the set of key I'm using.
Hope this helps.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:15 PM
08 TL-S Kinetic Blue

very easy...press memo then press and hold the number key u are using
Old 06-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
can you clarify a few things to help us diagnose the issue:
1. Does the seat not move to your position when you open the door?
2. Does the setting even save? ( set your seat, memorize it, then move it around and press the key, does it move back to the right setting?)
3. Are you using the right remote for your seat? (number 1 or number 2?)
Old 06-24-2008, 07:58 AM
3rd Gear

csmeance:

the seats currently move to the previous drivers' settings, neither of which are at all comfortable for me. I'm using the driver 1 key. driver 2's memory also has been retained, but I haven't tried resetting the memory for that one. I'll give that a shot today.

the settings (when I get comfy and in the right spot) don't save. when i turn the ignition on to the "II" position, and press the MEMO button, I'm not getting the beep the owner's manual says I should get.

could there be something wrong with the MEMO button? I just thought there might be some trick I didn't know about to reset the memory.

thanks again, guys.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tenaciousg77
csmeance:

the seats currently move to the previous drivers' settings, neither of which are at all comfortable for me. I'm using the driver 1 key. driver 2's memory also has been retained, but I haven't tried resetting the memory for that one. I'll give that a shot today.

the settings (when I get comfy and in the right spot) don't save. when i turn the ignition on to the "II" position, and press the MEMO button, I'm not getting the beep the owner's manual says I should get.

could there be something wrong with the MEMO button? I just thought there might be some trick I didn't know about to reset the memory.

thanks again, guys.

1. set your car the way you like.

2. press the MEMO button.

3. then press the Seat 1 button until you hear the beep

you can do this while driving too...
Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by tenaciousg77
csmeance:

thanks again, guys.
It sounds like you may only be doing part of the process. On the '04 TL, at least, you have to do this:

(1) Set the seat and mirrors the way you like them.

(2) Press and release the MEMO button and it should beep once.

(3) Immediately press and hold one of the two memory buttons until you hear two beeps. You have to do this within 5 seconds or the system resets.

You may also need to sync your remote if the seat is not moving when you unlock the car. I found this part a bit tricky to do. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the red light on the remote blinks twice. Then release the buttons. If this feature was currently turned off, it will now be turned on. (To change the setting again, repeat this step.)

It sounds from your description as though your attempt to set the memory for the seats and mirrors is going awry at step (2) listed above because you don't get a beep when you press and release the MEMO button. The first thing I'd try would be to apply step (3) anyway and see if it works, under the theory that maybe whatever part makes the beep is broken. If the system works anyway without the beep, then in my view the problem would be solved because it's not worth spending money to fix a beep. If the system doesn't work, then there's something else wrong and you may need to go see your dealer. I believe there were some reports on this forum a few years back of TLs not retaining the memory seat settings, and you might have that problem.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:20 PM
3rd Gear

well, i guess the issues is solved. apparently the "beep" noise just doesn't work. i was sitting at a stoplight this afternoon and tried it again. i pushed the MEMO button and noticed the buttons flashing. so i immediately pushed "1" and the buttons flashed again. but no beep. anyway, the memory seems to be working now.

thanks again for your help and responses.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:58 PM
5th Gear

I bought my 03 TL-S the other day and it didn't come with remotes. I picked up 2 used remotes. I programmed them fine. However, the seats aren't programmed to them and they get all out of what everytime I unlock the car with one of them. How can I program the remotes to each of the seat settings? The areas on the remotes that say 1 or 2 are rubbed off though. Thanks!