Holy Sh!t!!!!! Stick Shift???

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy Sh!t!!!!! Stick Shift???

I think that the new TL will be in Stick. Look at the pictures:

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...=&threadid=955

Look at picture # 3 and then picture # 32!!!

I hope I am right!!!

Kegrun
Old 08-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Suzuka Master

True, even though this news is several months old.

Six speed close ratio gear-box.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:15 PM
Instructor

Sorry, I have been away for quite a while!

kegrun
Old 08-25-2003, 11:16 PM
Race Director

LOL, Someone is a little too excited on info thats been out for over a month
Old 08-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Banned

Exclamation still won't save it's fugly ass!

and the way acura is going, i predict a marketing failure! i also agree that it will have to be redesigned after it's first production run! it's 5 cars slapped together, and does not standout whatsoever! resulting in poor sales! where are the guys who designed the NSX! p.s. if the build is wrong and they have a major problem with something like the tranny, which everyone is wise too! then they will really be FUBAR!
Old 08-25-2003, 11:44 PM
Race Director

Are you some sort of Psychic, that you can predict the car will be a failure?
Old 08-26-2003, 01:47 AM
Banned

Exclamation yes my friend...

Originally posted by 2004TL
Are you some sort of Psychic, that you can predict the car will be a failure?
ms.cleo has nothing on me! unfortunately the car won't live up to expectations! not only that, no type-s, a smidge of extra hp over the 2nd generation, and a ton of technology that is barely in use today, and won't come to fruition to be even useful to the average person for years! BLUETOOTH? great technology, but still in it's infancy, except corporate! so is sattelite radio, and serius is already having low subscriber issues. proprietary panasonic 5.1 surround sound system w/ media issues still unresolved? oh, it'll be big fun! plus the usual trademark honda/acura little squeaky b.s that drives us nuts! what are they offering? and who are they marketing this car too? it'll definately get some good reviews mainly beacause it's the " newest " acura, a little more aggressive, and it will perform well, but it won't be the considered equal to or better than anything nissan, bmw or lexus puts out in the same class, and therefore will fall short of expectations because they are trying to compete in that arena.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:15 AM
Instructor

Re: yes my friend...

Originally posted by VTECRRR
ms.cleo has nothing on me! unfortunately the car won't live up to expectations! not only that, no type-s, a smidge of extra hp over the 2nd generation, and a ton of technology that is barely in use today, and won't come to fruition to be even useful to the average person for years! BLUETOOTH? great technology, but still in it's infancy, except corporate! so is sattelite radio, and serius is already having low subscriber issues. proprietary panasonic 5.1 surround sound system w/ media issues still unresolved? oh, it'll be big fun! plus the usual trademark honda/acura little squeaky b.s that drives us nuts! what are they offering? and who are they marketing this car too? it'll definately get some good reviews mainly beacause it's the " newest " acura, a little more aggressive, and it will perform well, but it won't be the considered equal to or better than anything nissan, bmw or lexus puts out in the same class, and therefore will fall short of expectations because they are trying to compete in that arena.
AMEN!!!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Smitty's Moral Police

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: yes my friend...

Originally posted by VTECRRR
ms.cleo has nothing on me! unfortunately the car won't live up to expectations! not only that, no type-s, a smidge of extra hp over the 2nd generation, and a ton of technology that is barely in use today, and won't come to fruition to be even useful to the average person for years! BLUETOOTH? great technology, but still in it's infancy, except corporate! so is sattelite radio, and serius is already having low subscriber issues. proprietary panasonic 5.1 surround sound system w/ media issues still unresolved?
I think that's the point, it's a near-luxury car. It has some of the newest/greatest things out there. Type S for what, it's more powerful than the old Type S..Is the decal that important to you? If you don't want any new technology, buy a bicycle. I bet it won't rattle at all.

but it won't be the considered equal to or better than anything nissan, bmw or lexus puts out in the same class, and therefore will fall short of expectations because they are trying to compete in that arena.
Uhmmmmkay.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:27 AM
Drifting

I don't think Nissan should have even been put in that class.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:31 AM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Correct, it is Infiniti that is in the Acura class, not Nissan. Nissan belongs to the Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Kia class of vehicles.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:54 PM
Banned

Let's just wait for it to come out people....then yuo can start making educated and accurate judgements.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Exclamation drove the 3.5 max and the Z!

Originally posted by Type S Lady
I don't think Nissan should have even been put in that class.
& nissan should be in that class!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Burning Brakes

i smell a HATER and his name is VTECRRR
Old 08-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by iNteGraz92
i smell a HATER and his name is VTECRRR

He's not 'hating', he is just expressing his opinion. If I expressed my opinion about you.. Well, I could sum it up in three words.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:35 PM
Banned

Exclamation TRUE!

Originally posted by CLens
He's not 'hating', he is just expressing his opinion. If I expressed my opinion about you.. Well, I could sum it up in three words.
LOL!:p no hating, i've owned 2 hondas and 4 acuras! just dissapointed & telling it like i see it & feel it! kman
Old 08-26-2003, 08:42 PM
Race Director

Ya he is not hating at all, its his opinion..

But I think its a little premature to make such a Huge Statement and Say the car is a TOTAL Failure..

If The car was out, and he drove it and knew everything about and than said this, than I would accept his opinion, and it would be valid, but he is totally guessing and assuming things..
Old 08-26-2003, 08:44 PM
Race Director

Re: Re: yes my friend...

Originally posted by Kegrun
AMEN!!!!!
Aren't you the guy that started this thread and was all excited about the new TL having a stickshift? Than why are you agreeing to a guy that says the car is a Total Failure?
Old 08-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Edward'TLS
Correct, it is Infiniti that is in the Acura class, not Nissan. Nissan belongs to the Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Kia class of vehicles.
I disagree. Infiniti has made a push to get back to true luxury status, Acura seems to stay in the middle. The Maxima offers far more luxury features than the current and new TL.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by EmuMessenger
I disagree. Infiniti has made a push to get back to true luxury status, Acura seems to stay in the middle. The Maxima offers far more luxury features than the current and new TL.
What confuses me is why you think:

MORE FEATURES = MORE LUXURY?

I dont think that formula is correct..
Old 08-27-2003, 12:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
The Maxima and Altima are ugly these days, pathetic fake looking aluminum trim that looked like some junior designer got ahold of the blueprints one night, its downright tacky looking. The VQ used to be a smooth engine, it isnt what it used to be. The VQ is too big, the VQ30 was much better. And those Fisher-Price lights have to go. They basically scream "look at me!". While some luxury car buyers like that, far far more prefer something tasteful and more subtle. Hyundai knows how to make a more elegant luxury car than Nissan for crying outloud.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:15 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by Ken1997TL
The Maxima and Altima are ugly these days, pathetic fake looking aluminum trim that looked like some junior designer got ahold of the blueprints one night, its downright tacky looking. The VQ used to be a smooth engine, it isnt what it used to be. The VQ is too big, the VQ30 was much better. And those Fisher-Price lights have to go. They basically scream "look at me!". While some luxury car buyers like that, far far more prefer something tasteful and more subtle. Hyundai knows how to make a more elegant luxury car than Nissan for crying outloud.
I TOTALLY AGREE :WERD:
Old 08-27-2003, 06:33 AM
Suzuka Master

What confuses me is why you think:

MORE FEATURES = MORE LUXURY?

I dont think that formula is correct..
Features do not always = luxury, but I am asking for certain features, that are found in cars like the Maxima and the Saab 9-5, and I am told those are the types of features that would be found in the RL.

Why should I spend $50k on the RL, if I can spend $30k on a Maxima or $36k-$38k on a TL?
Old 08-27-2003, 12:26 PM
2G TLX-S

You're partly right. The Maxima is in the same vehicle class as the TL, but Nissan can never be in the same prestige class as the Acura. That's the sole purpose of the creation of the Infiniti line.

Why people are still buying entry level C-class and entry level 3-series cars, whereas with the same money they can buy a more luxurious, more roomy, more powerful car from another common-level manufacturers (Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Volkswagen, Subaru, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, GM, Chrysler, Ford, etc.) ? Because they are Mecedes and BMW.

No matter how good the Maxima is, it is still a Nissan.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:10 PM
Racer

Features do not always = luxury, but I am asking for certain features, that are found in cars like the Maxima and the Saab 9-5, and I am told those are the types of features that would be found in the RL.

Why should I spend $50k on the RL, if I can spend $30k on a Maxima or $36k-$38k on a TL?
All i have to say is that its a nissan...if it were infiniti, then that would be a different story. Acura is still way better than Nissan
Old 08-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Edward'TLS
You're partly right. The Maxima is in the same vehicle class as the TL, but Nissan can never be in the same prestige class as the Acura. That's the sole purpose of the creation of the Infiniti line.

Why people are still buying entry level C-class and entry level 3-series cars, whereas with the same money they can buy a more luxurious, more roomy, more powerful car from another common-level manufacturers (Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Volkswagen, Subaru, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, GM, Chrysler, Ford, etc.) ? Because they are Mecedes and BMW.

this is a problem many ppl face when choosing a car, should they get the best model in lower class (ie, maxima) or the middle range of high class ( tl) sure tl is a high class car but maxima is a top of the line in its class...this is when personal taste come......this is also the same with ppl spending the money that could get them a fully equipped TL on entry lvl c-class or 3-series......they looked dumb and stupid , but to they, they are satisfied with the money they spend, afterall, it is a BMW or Mercedes-Benz, it SOUNDS better than acura or infinity...etc......this is just my p.o.v :p

PS: i'm new to this forum, nice to meet u all and thankx for all the info on new tl which i might buy
Old 08-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by ghost
this is a problem many ppl face when choosing a car, should they get the best model in lower class (ie, maxima) or the middle range of high class ( tl) sure tl is a high class car but maxima is a top of the line in its class...this is when personal taste come......this is also the same with ppl spending the money that could get them a fully equipped TL on entry lvl c-class or 3-series......they looked dumb and stupid , but to they, they are satisfied with the money they spend, afterall, it is a BMW or Mercedes-Benz, it SOUNDS better than acura or infinity...etc......this is just my p.o.v :p

PS: i'm new to this forum, nice to meet u all and thankx for all the info on new tl which i might buy
Welcome to the FORUM

I am sure you will love your 2004 ACURA TL

You are so right about people buying cars for prestige..

Theres people that buy a low class 5 Series for 40-45k even though it has a 184 HP Engine? Why, because they could care less about power.. All they gotta know is, when they step in, its a Bimmmer
Old 08-27-2003, 08:12 PM
Race Director

Thats just what your not getting..

You are comparing a different feature from each car..

It would be different if you said the Saab has it and the maxima.. but you are saying "This car has this and the other has this, I want both in one car for the same price"

I mean like I guess you could say I want Ventilated seats because they are in the Saab, but you can't go around comparing each car and saying theres a feature in each car in the same range and the 04TL should have 'em all..
Old 08-28-2003, 02:15 AM
10th Gear

No matter how good the Maxima is, it is still a Nissan. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope!!! Drive one and you'll see!!!! Acura does, however, have more luxury features than Nissan, but as some said, Infiniti is the luxury line of Nissan.

I agree with some, that new Altimas look a bit ugly. 4th generation Maximas (1995-1999) were the best looking cars made by Nissan, in my opinion. 5th gen. Maximas look like Impalas, but the new 2004 Maxima is just gorgeous. You have to see it in person. Take a drive and you'll love it.

Nissan does a great job of building Infiniti cars. If compared, Acura is greatly surpassed by Infiniti.

I base my opinion on personal experiences. I drive a Maxima and a TL. I KNOW!!!!! Soon, I will have an Infiniti as well.

As Infiniti motto says: "Drive one and you'll understand!"

Just my $0.02!!!
Old 08-28-2003, 06:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Thats just what your not getting..

You are comparing a different feature from each car..

It would be different if you said the Saab has it and the maxima.. but you are saying "This car has this and the other has this, I want both in one car for the same price"

I mean like I guess you could say I want Ventilated seats because they are in the Saab, but you can't go around comparing each car and saying theres a feature in each car in the same range and the 04TL should have 'em all..
If you want to mince words, the Maxima has EVERYTHING I am looking for, aside from ventilated seats, for probably less money than the TL.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:00 PM
2G TLX-S

Originally posted by Boz_10
Nope!!! Drive one and you'll see!!!! Acura does, however, have more luxury features than Nissan, but as some said, Infiniti is the luxury line of Nissan.

. . .

Nissan does a great job of building Infiniti cars. If compared, Acura is greatly surpassed by Infiniti.

I base my opinion on personal experiences. I drive a Maxima and a TL. I KNOW!!!!! Soon, I will have an Infiniti as well.

Just my $0.02!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

What I understand is that you've still missed my point. I agree that the new Maxima is a more features-rich car (and seems better and more luxurious in some people's opinion) than the five-years-old-and-to-be-replaced TL and many other expensive European autos. But it just doesn't have the prestige that the TL has, just because it's a Nissan. The I35 does because it's an Infiniti. The I35 is vitually a rebadge and features-added Nissan Maxima.

You talked about car vs car, but I talked about brand vs brand.

Many years ago, there was a batch of Japanese auto makers that sold cheap, reliable, and quality cars in North America. Three of the biggest and well-known makers are Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. After Honda has established its quality image from the legendary Accord, and car buyers were earning unreasonable wages from the economic boom, it decided to create an upmarketed car divison (Acura), which sold more expensive, more luxurious and more performance Honda cars, in order to capture some market share from the upmarketed European brands like Mecedes and BMW. Seeing the Honda's success, Toyota and Nissan followed suit with the creation of Lexus and Infiniti. So Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti are always the upmarketed and more prestige brands than Toyota, Honda and Nissan.

Thus, if the Maxima is a Nissan, it's always a Nissan which doesn't have the prestige class level that Lexus, Acura and Infiniti always have.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:04 PM
2G TLX-S

Sorry, I messed up. Let's try again !!

-------------------------------------------------

. . .

Just my $0.02!!!
What I understand is that you've still missed my point. I agree that the new Maxima is a more features-rich car (and seems better and more luxurious in some people's opinion) than the five-years-old-and-to-be-replaced TL and many other expensive European autos. But it just doesn't have the prestige that the TL has, just because it's a Nissan. The I35 does because it's an Infiniti. The I35 is vitually a rebadge and features-added Nissan Maxima.

You talked about car vs car, but I talked about brand vs brand.

Many years ago, there was a batch of Japanese auto makers that sold cheap, reliable, and quality cars in North America. Three of the biggest and well-known makers are Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. After Honda has established its quality image from the legendary Accord, and car buyers were earning unreasonable wages from the economic boom, it decided to create an upmarketed car divison (Acura), which sold more expensive, more luxurious and more performance Honda cars, in order to capture some market share from the upmarketed European brands like Mecedes and BMW. Seeing the Honda's success, Toyota and Nissan followed suit with the creation of Lexus and Infiniti. So Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti are always the upmarketed and more prestige brands than Toyota, Honda and Nissan.

Thus, if the Maxima is a Nissan, it's always a Nissan which doesn't have the prestige class level than Lexus, Acura and Infiniti.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

I don't know what you drive and own but you seem to always talk about the Maxima. If you like all the certain features you want and its in the Maxima, then buy one and go on their forums.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by frainc
I don't know what you drive and own but you seem to always talk about the Maxima. If you like all the certain features you want and its in the Maxima, then buy one and go on their forums.
I own a 2003 TLS-Navi, a 2003 EX-V6-Navi and a 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country 4x4.

It is bold for a guys that has been here for a few months to tell me to leave.

Maybe you should take your hate and start trollforums.com.

All I am doing is sharing my opinion in a public forum. If you do not like it, perhaps you need a tissue.:tflamer: :bigun2:
Old 08-28-2003, 07:53 PM
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts
I own a 2003 TLS-Navi, a 2003 EX-V6-Navi and a 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country 4x4.

It is bold for a guys that has been here for a few months to tell me to leave.

Maybe you should take your hate and start trollforums.com.

All I am doing is sharing my opinion in a public forum. If you do not like it, perhaps you need a tissue.:tflamer: :bigun2:
No, I don't need a tissue nor do I hate anyone, don't know you to hate you I'm glad to see you have excellent cars, but in your posts you seem to like other cars more, maybe I'm reading your posts wrong. But anyhow, keep on sharing your opinions like I would, it is a free world, isn't it?
Old 08-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Race Director

He is right, you keep talking about the maxima, Buy one..

You said you don't want to buy it because the navi is not good as the Acura..

Please pick one car and support it all the way..

LOL

I know its your opinion but u keep mentioning it

Sorry if I seem a little haste
Old 08-29-2003, 12:28 AM
10th Gear

Price

What is everybody thinking for a prospective price on the "04 TL? I put down my deposit and reserved an '04 TL Navi in Blue. I'm thinking around $34,000 with everything I have seen in all of the forums. Lemme know!
Old 08-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Race Director

Re: Price

Originally posted by golf2liv
What is everybody thinking for a prospective price on the "04 TL? I put down my deposit and reserved an '04 TL Navi in Blue. I'm thinking around $34,000 with everything I have seen in all of the forums. Lemme know!
I think with navi it will be $35k + $1-2k for body kit + $500 for Foglights + EXTRA STUFF YOU WANT
Old 08-29-2003, 02:57 AM
Instructor

I don't care how good the Maxima is - I have seen it in person and it is UGLY!
Old 08-29-2003, 03:28 AM
Advanced

i just hope bluetooth and navi will be optional and that bermbo brake will be available to automatic version -_-

Quick Reply: Holy Sh!t!!!!! Stick Shift???