Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HFL Glitches

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFL Glitches

While driving around this evening, I experienced an apparent glitch involving the Hands Free Link and my SE T616 cellular phone. At one point the phone dropped the call, but the MID still read "IN USE" as if the call were still active; when I hit the "pick up" button on the steering wheel, the HFL told me (and this is a direct quote) "is in use" - as if it was supposed to insert the name of the phone at the beginning but didn't.

A few moments later, the person called back, and the system returned to normal.

About half an hour later, I placed a call to my wife. The MID continued to read "CONNECTING" even after she had answered the call; a few seconds later, it seemed to time out and hung up the phone. I called right back and it worked fine (the status switched properly from "CONNECTING" to "IN USE" after she answered the second time).

Have these sorts of glitches happened to anyone else?
Old 01-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, I had some similar glitches with my T68i.
I just rebooted the car.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:39 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

check the battery life in you 610/616. If it's low, it could drop the BT functions.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Racer

Originally posted by ndabunka
check the battery life in you 610/616. If it's low, it could drop the BT functions.
The battery indicator in the MID showed full. Even now looking at the phone the battery indicator is only one notch down from fully charged.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
I have similar issue with my T610. It's in T-Mobile network.

IMHO, however, I do believe it's not related to HFL system 'cause my T610 sometimes will act like this without hooking up with HFL. It could be the problem with SE phones.

Or this particular phone has problems to communicate with my GSM network. I obtained my T610 free from the dealer, which has T-Mobile mark on it.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Instructor

Re: HFL Glitches

Originally posted by fuque
While driving around this evening, I experienced an apparent glitch involving the Hands Free Link and my SE T616 cellular phone. At one point the phone dropped the call, but the MID still read "IN USE" as if the call were still active; when I hit the "pick up" button on the steering wheel, the HFL told me (and this is a direct quote) "is in use" - as if it was supposed to insert the name of the phone at the beginning but didn't.

A few moments later, the person called back, and the system returned to normal.

About half an hour later, I placed a call to my wife. The MID continued to read "CONNECTING" even after she had answered the call; a few seconds later, it seemed to time out and hung up the phone. I called right back and it worked fine (the status switched properly from "CONNECTING" to "IN USE" after she answered the second time).

Have these sorts of glitches happened to anyone else?

These status indications that drive the display are controlled by status messages coming from the phone to the HFL. It has been reported on some Sony Ericsson models that occasionally the phone will neglect to send the proper call status to the HFL. So the HFL will make assumptions and take action. For example when you called your wife the MID said CONNECTING. What should have happend is when your wife answered the phone should have sent a call status to the HFL of Call Active. The the MID would change to In Use. In all probability this call active status was not sent. So the HFL assumed that the call failed and reset the status itself. This is an intermittent problem reported on some Sony Ericsson phones. If it is happening frequently I would call your wireless carrier and report the issue and request they update the software in your phone (or replace it). I have found this problem to be so infrequent that I can live with it.