Hamilton Honda strikes again

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MEKO
Timing belt is $389 right now..
imagine next winter its like $289

Did you replace your spark plugs? or did they Replace the plugs for YOU?

Also did they adjust the Valves for you at an extra cost?
Thanks.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Valves 249
I did the spark plugs
Old 08-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Not to thread jack, but truly appreciate everyone who suggested going to Hamilton Honda. I went there when I had to get the timing belt changed on my TL.

Earlier in the month my parents were driving on the NJTP in their Accord going to NY and some huge object flew off of a truck. Luckily my dad was able to avoid it from hitting the windshield, but it hit the lower front of the car. The radiator was leaking, the bumper was scratched up, and the A/C compressor was messed up as well. This all happened a few miles away from Hamilton Honda, so my dad had the car towed there via a flatbed tow truck. On a side note, if your vehicle needs to be towed off the NJTP, they have their own tow trucks that you supposedly have to use and they will only take it to one of shops in their network. My dad had to pretty much bribe the driver with some cash to get him to take the car to Hamilton Honda.

The service rep and their team was very accommodating. My dad obviously notified the insurance company due to the damage and since the car would need to be in the shop for a few days, he had to get a rental car. Being that he doesn't live in NJ, the service reps were on top of everything. It took about a week to complete all the repairs/body work, but they did a great job.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:12 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
OP definitely stay on top of then noise. If they're suspecting it's a pulley etc they should go back in and replace it. Parts can come defective brand new.

Originally Posted by MEKO
When he had Benz E320 he paid 18,000 for the service in one year. Whenever he drives in to the service, everyone is like here comes the trouble makes. Hi, hello, how are you blah blah welcome... everyone know him...
my dad's reaction is, "we became a friggin family with these guys" haha
$18g?!

Originally Posted by skadoo323
Not to thread jack, but truly appreciate everyone who suggested going to Hamilton Honda. I went there when I had to get the timing belt changed on my TL.

Earlier in the month my parents were driving on the NJTP in their Accord going to NY and some huge object flew off of a truck. Luckily my dad was able to avoid it from hitting the windshield, but it hit the lower front of the car. The radiator was leaking, the bumper was scratched up, and the A/C compressor was messed up as well. This all happened a few miles away from Hamilton Honda, so my dad had the car towed there via a flatbed tow truck. On a side note, if your vehicle needs to be towed off the NJTP, they have their own tow trucks that you supposedly have to use and they will only take it to one of shops in their network. My dad had to pretty much bribe the driver with some cash to get him to take the car to Hamilton Honda.

The service rep and their team was very accommodating. My dad obviously notified the insurance company due to the damage and since the car would need to be in the shop for a few days, he had to get a rental car. Being that he doesn't live in NJ, the service reps were on top of everything. It took about a week to complete all the repairs/body work, but they did a great job.
Turned out to be a happy ending.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:27 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by skadoo323

Sorry to hear but glad everything turned out ok. The GSP is the same as the NJTP If you need your car towed.