AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Front and Rear Engine Mounts (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/front-rear-engine-mounts-977067/)

SilvaTL06 02-09-2019 04:10 PM

Front and Rear Engine Mounts

I need to replace my front and rear engine mounts but I'm not sure which brands are recommended? I see some aftermarket ones for a decent price but how does the car feel with non-OEM mounts? I've read some good stuff about Beck Arnley in general and I can get their front and rear mounts off amazon for $120 for both? Anyone have any luck using Beck Arnley? Also, the oem front mount is hydraulic and has the vacuum port. I'm not sure about the rear though? The Beck Anrley front mount is hydraulic with the port and rear is hydraulic but does not have a port? Is that fine? I dont feel like trying to plug the rear port if there is a rear vacuum line for the rear mount?

1black_seven 02-09-2019 04:20 PM

Are you modding your car? If not just do OEM.

I wasnt under the impression our cars had a rear mounts other than the manual versions. I could be wrong.

SilvaTL06 02-09-2019 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by 1black_seven (Post 16380210)
Are you modding your car? If not just do OEM.

I wasnt under the impression our cars had a rear mounts other than the manual versions. I could be wrong.

They definitely do have rear mounts but I'm just not sure if it has a vacuum port on it or not. I dont think it does but I'm not sure. And I ask about non-OEM because OEM front and rear mounts are close to $400 where as I could Beck Arnley for $120 for both and I've read good review about their mounts. I'm just looking to see if anyone has experience with their mounts too

SouthStar019 02-09-2019 10:08 PM

both front and rear have vacuum port. I replaced all of mine with OE. including the Trans mount and trust me it was worth it. easier to replace all since the motor was out. i think you should be fine with the aftermarket as long as they have the vacuum port on them.

truonghthe 02-12-2019 06:21 AM

I would stick with OEM mounts as the TL doesn't have the smoothest engine mount let say compare to RL in the same era, different manufacture will use different rubber compound thus causing more vibration even with the new mounts. Both front and rear mount has vacuum port.

I replaced all my mount with OEM and the car feels better but not as good as my RL lol.

MrHeeltoe 02-13-2019 01:02 PM

We recommend going with factory OEM mounts if you are wanting to restore the Acura smoothness and quietness of the car. For performance we offer Innovative mounts and currently those are the only ones we really recommend for aftermarket.

You can save money going with cheaper aftermarket OE replacement mounts but odds are they will be failing sooner than the originals did.

You can hit us up for a discounted pricing on genuine mounts at OEM.Heeltoeauto.com

JMiles_T 02-22-2019 04:04 PM

OEM mounts are the only ones I've found that won't make the vehicle shake like a cheap massage chair.

thoiboi 02-22-2019 04:05 PM

Surprised no one has mentioned OEM mounts yet :tomato: