Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fob Lock with Door Open

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Fob Lock with Door Open

Frequently, I get out of the driver's seat, shut the door, and open the backdoor to get a package. I need both hands. What would be nice, at this point, is to be able to lock the doors with the key fob, put it in my pocket, grab the package, and nudge the door shut. But of course, I can't do that. So I either have to put the package down after shutting the door, or open the rear door before shutting the front, and hit the lock button there (or I can always put the key fob between my teeth).

I knoe Acura designed this specifically to keep me from locking my key and fob in the car, but then why be inconsistent? Tell me, what's more likely, (1) that I would use the key fob to lock the doors with one open, then then accidently throw the keyfob back in the car just before shutting the door or (2) that I would leave the key fob in the car shortly after driving it (maybe I placed in on the seat to reach back and get something), and then I got out of the car and used the door mounted button to lock and and then shut it? I personally think number 2 is much more likely, yet I can do just that.

So has anyone figured out how to mod the car to allow us to lock it with the fob with the door open? I've searched the forum and the G3 Garage to no avail. I found similar complaints, but no solutions.

Thanks for any suggestions. -John
Old 01-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am a little dissapointed with this as well. I stop at the same gas station every morning and since it's only a couple blocks from my house I like to keep my vehicle running becuase it's usually not fully warmed up yet. With my old vehicle I'd live the key in the ignition, pop my key fob off my key chain and lock the doors with it running. I know it's probably not the best thing to do, but I don't like starting a vehicle and shutting it off before it's warmed up.

I've messing with all the settings but I might be missing something. Is there a way to make the key fob work with the ignition running?

I know this is almost a threadjack but I figured it was related to jgrahamiii question.