3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 Ceramic vs Huper Optic Ceramic Tint??

Old 07-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F1 Ceramic vs Huper Optic Ceramic Tint??

Can anyone say how these ceramic tints compare? F1 is not found close to my area but Huper Optic is.

So if metallic tint is out of the question (as suggested) should I go with the more expensive ceramic or something cheaper/standard tint?

Also, what % is legal in florida? Wouldn't the car look funny with different % tints on fronts and rear like I hear many people are doing here? I want to see out of my car realtively easy at night and raining?

Anth/Camel
Old 07-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Racer

I have F1 on my rear window and metallic on the driver's and passenger's windows. All 4 of the door window tints are the same and the rear window is a little darker. I forgot the % though. THey are all the darkest that's legal in Texas.

You only need the ceramic on the rear window because of the antenna in the window, but save some money and get Llumar or something on the door windows.

To answer your question directly, I don't have a comparison, but I can highly recommend the F1 tint.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by christof
Can anyone say how these ceramic tints compare? F1 is not found close to my area but Huper Optic is.

So if metallic tint is out of the question (as suggested) should I go with the more expensive ceramic or something cheaper/standard tint?

Also, what % is legal in florida? Wouldn't the car look funny with different % tints on fronts and rear like I hear many people are doing here? I want to see out of my car realtively easy at night and raining?

Anth/Camel
Other than the cost - I would give the edge to HO for heat rejection. The numbers for HO can be found here and the F1 Pinnacle is here. Another option would be the 3M CS Film. I believe the 3M would be the least expensive of all three. Scott is correct about the location of the GPS antennae. That would be another option to have the rear glass tinted with a ceramic film and the rear sides with metallic i.e. such as Llumar, Madico and Solar Gard or whatever is available in your area. Of course, that's your choice. I think metallized film is reflective (?) and the ceramic is not.

As far as the tint laws for the states, click here and I don't know how updated this one is. You may want to check locally if there have been any revisions. There's also a State Law PDF on the Solar Gard site with a map of the US that shows the tinting limits.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Love my TL

Florida law is 35% all around however cops do not enforce it. I've lived in FL all my life and have never met one person who has gotten a ticket for it. I'm sure the cop may use the law if they are looking for something but they will not pull you over for it.

I went with the 15% F1 bc the 35% was way too light during the day! I had to drive 45min to find a place that would go that dark but it was worth it.