Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 AM

Received 9,495 Likes on 6,167 Posts
^
Old 02-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Acura Cert MASTER TECH

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
^
...Yeah that's what I was thinking, and why I didn't respond. But to no surprise, he's a noob with only one post...

That said, heaters are still working great And still no final mounting for the switches
Old 05-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by acuratech239
...Yeah that's what I was thinking, and why I didn't respond. But to no surprise, he's a noob with only one post...

That said, heaters are still working great And still no final mounting for the switches
No plans for the A/C / ventilated seat?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Dougler
my friends can go eff themselves, my car is still more spacious and smoother riding than anything any of them have, I wouldn't drop the coin on this to satisfy them.

word
Old 05-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Acura Cert MASTER TECH

Originally Posted by CoquiTSX
No plans for the A/C / ventilated seat?
I still dabble with the idea from time to time, especially now that it's getting close to summer, and man that leather can get hot! I have always had some ideas floating around, my main concern/issue is that I'm going to be cutting into my cushion, and I need to make sure I don't lose support, etc. What I would love to do is have the chance to see what an RL/MDX/ZDX's seat cushion looks like, with the leathers removed. This probably won't happen anytime soon. Otherwise I might just have to suck it up and buy a cushion from one of these vehicles to see how it's set up, then modify mine accordingly.

Bottom line, if I do it, you guys will be sure to know! I have some other side projects right now (mirror turn signals, pics in my album, and my camera for the front of my car, to go along with my rear camera mod).
Old 05-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
I still dabble with the idea from time to time, especially now that it's getting close to summer, and man that leather can get hot! I have always had some ideas floating around, my main concern/issue is that I'm going to be cutting into my cushion, and I need to make sure I don't lose support, etc. What I would love to do is have the chance to see what an RL/MDX/ZDX's seat cushion looks like, with the leathers removed. This probably won't happen anytime soon. Otherwise I might just have to suck it up and buy a cushion from one of these vehicles to see how it's set up, then modify mine accordingly.

Bottom line, if I do it, you guys will be sure to know! I have some other side projects right now (mirror turn signals, pics in my album, and my camera for the front of my car, to go along with my rear camera mod).
I'd have more use for the ventilated seat than for the heated seats.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Acura Cert MASTER TECH

Originally Posted by CoquiTSX
I'd have more use for the ventilated seat than for the heated seats.
I know you would have more use for the ventilated seats, because they would be for you, but I was trying to be nice for my passengers Just kidding, I'm giving you a hard time! That said, I do have an update, but am not starting a thread for...

My VENTILATED/AIR CONIDITIONED/SUPER HEATED seats...lol. Yes everyone, I have started to do my research into this!

On the RLs, the air is blown up and out through the seats, whereas on the ZDX/MDX, the air is sucked in "to pull heat away from the person(s)". I will be using the RLs setup though because my plan is to not only install these, but hook it up directly to the vents below the seat (rear passenger's feet vents). So not only will I have the ability to of course blow the air on my bottom and back, but if I have the A/C on, it'll be nice, cold air, vs. just cabin temped air. BUT even more, in the winter, I will still be able to use the same setup, for hot air, on top of the seat heaters

Furthermore, if I don't want all that extra air (heat/A/C), I can simply switch off the mode from floor, and/or just turn off the fans!

I have already bought one fan to get an idea of size, etc, as well as a seat pad out of a ZDX so I can understand exactly how the foam has been modified to account for air flow, etc.

Let me add this project is NOT a priority for me. I have other projects ahead of this (my custom mirror turn signals (see my photo album for pics so far), as well my front view camera (OEM rear camera in the front as well to complement my OEM rear one w/ manual toggle switch)). But there will def be a thread if/when I complete this!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Very nice!

So I'm confused. In the RL, there is a fan (what size?) under the seat cushion which blows air into your legs and butt? Is it one fan or several fans? How do you plan on integrating the A/C portion of the rear feet heaters to the butts of the front driver and passenger?
Old 05-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Acura Cert MASTER TECH

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Very nice!

So I'm confused. In the RL, there is a fan (what size?) under the seat cushion which blows air into your legs and butt? Is it one fan or several fans? How do you plan on integrating the A/C portion of the rear feet heaters to the butts of the front driver and passenger?
On the RL, there are actually four (small) fans, two for your butt, two for your back, and then a series of small ducts build into/around the seat foam to disburse the air. On the MDX and ZDX, there are only two fans, different setup. All the info I'm giving is based on the parts illustrations and/or service manual. We have never had problems with these, so I have no physical, hands on experience, aside from what I can see under the seat (the fans). Hence why I am buying a seat foam, knowing it won't fit, simply so I can see how it's actually setup, to see what I'll have to do to modify mine, if it's even possible.

As for my plan on getting the cooled/heated air to the fans, it's quite simple, as I'll just duct it up there (with some flexible tubing of course to account for seat movement). The rear passenger's will still have the vents from the center console, and lets face it, they already have heated seats. They won't mind, nor feel, the lack of air down there at their feet

I do not plan on doing this mod to the passenger's seat, due to the OPDS sensor. Last thing I want to do is mess that up. I might attempt the passenger's seat bottom, after I do the driver's side, but we'll see. This is again assuming I even go through with this mod, whenever that may be. Thanks for the interest though!

-- Kevin
Old 05-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Middle Finger anyone?

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
MOD-I vote that this thread be inducted into the 3G garage. Can someone second that motion please? This guy put alot of effort into this and even gave us the part numbers. I think it's a cool idea.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
agree ^ good DIY. i mean, itd be nice to do. but dont feel like spending the monies. cooled seats are a different story
Old 05-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Acura Cert MASTER TECH

NCTL05 and Acuraluvr -

Thank you for your votes to get me into the 3G garage. I never even thought about it, as I assumed no one would actually attempt this, and since the thread is kind of old... But I'm glad there is still interest/compliments, it makes me feel good lol. I do love doing stuff that's never been tried before, so I guess we'll see what the future holds! On a side note, if you really want this in the garage, you may have to PM a mod for this forum?? Just guessing.

Thanks again to everyone for the compliments!!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Middle Finger anyone?

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Looks like your archived now!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:15 AM
Racer

Received 234 Likes on 82 Posts
NCTL05 and Acuraluvr -

Thank you for your votes to get me into the 3G garage. I never even thought about it, as I assumed no one would actually attempt this, and since the thread is kind of old... But I'm glad there is still interest/compliments, it makes me feel good lol. I do love doing stuff that's never been tried before, so I guess we'll see what the future holds! On a side note, if you really want this in the garage, you may have to PM a mod for this forum?? Just guessing.

Thanks again to everyone for the compliments!!
Bringing this one back from the graveyard! Any status on this? Either on the front camera or seat coolers?
Old 02-27-2016, 11:51 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's too bad this thread wasn't made a sticky. None of the pictures show as they were from 2008. I've been wanting to do this mod in my TL. I wish with each step a picture was taken so we could visually see what was being done at the moment. Just watched a YouTube video on how to fix the heat warmer in the seat when they break and need to do that in my car. On the site the guy did a video and then a write up and made it very easy to follow.
When I fix my driver side seat I'd like to wire the rear for seat warmers too. Now after reading this thread I'm hesitant though. Cooled seats would be really cool! Is there a write up for adding heated seats with pictures for the rears and upgrading seats to cooled as well? Or do RL seats fit in 2nd gen TL's that already have both?
Was searching the forum for heated seats for the rear and saw this one and didn't want to start a new thread.