3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay roof spoiler everyone asks about!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
the first pic shows it angles up and the second looks like its angled down?
Old 06-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Is this the accord or the 3g tl one?

Originally Posted by Franchise1124
Here's mine in KBP

Old 06-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggi_e
ive had mine for almost a month and there has been no "shrinking". do you have anything to show that it shrunk from the original specs? i just dont see how this would be able to shrink..
I can take some pictures of the gaps that are there right now. In them you will see the 3M tape being pulled inward towards the center of the car but I don't know how to post pictures up so if you can pm me wth your e-mail address I can send them to you. If thats ok
Old 06-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 07tl-s6spd
yea i dont see how it would either....lol
I am think it could from the materials that they use. As those materials dry, they shrink? Though it kinda baffells my mine becuase you would think that with it shrinking, it would show on the paint and it doesn't. it's very wierd.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by el.profe
+1! I was wondering the same thing
Old 06-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 663 Posts
Originally Posted by el.profe
Originally Posted by mber68
+1! I was wondering the same thing

Thats the Accord one...fits pretty well. I'll try to get some upclose pics of the edges on each side.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Update on the spoiler

Hey guys, I got mine on the group buy with Swoosh way back, over 2 - 2.5 months ago.

Here is my update.

1. The double sided tape sticks well in the middle and up to 3 inches from the edges.

2. The edges have moved down over time, so the very ends of the spoiler are no longer as flush with the roof line as it once was... I used to have this perfectly flush all the way along the rear roof line, but like I said, the ends have moved down some, showing a seperation gap now...

3. My paint match is terrible. I almost think I got one that was painted the 08 version of Anthracite Metallic. Forgot what they call it, PP-something... But it is significantly lighter than the rest of my car. At first I thought it was the angle I was looking at if from, with the curved surfaces and all... And I thought the sun was reflecting funny off of it (or so I tried to convince myself). But in the dusk, it is clearly way off.

4. There are slight ripples along the surface of the spoiler. I think these came from when I fitted it, because I had to bend it significantly to get it to hug the roof line. I initially bent it, and taped it up with painter's tape. I let it sit like that for four hours before actually sticking it down. But, I probably should have heated the thing up to get it to bend easier. Don't know if this would have solved the slight ripple problem or not. Anyways, the ripples are really noticable in the sun.

In all, I paid sixty bucks for it. It looks good from far away, but up close the blemishes are noticable. The best analogy I can give you is this...

My car has 95k on it and has mostly highway miles. From a far when washed, the front end looks fine. When I get close up to it, that is when I notice that my hood and bumper look like they have ACNE. You slowly start to lose your excitement and get filled with that "ehh" feeling. You tell yourself it's not that bad and try to move on. But really in the back of your mind, you want to get the whole front end repainted and redone.

That's how I feel about this spoiler. It's "ehh" to me now. I tried to convince myself it's perfect and awesome, but it has flaws.

I am too lazy at the moment, but it will probably be coming off soon, and then headed straight for the trash can.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:00 PM
FRESHINNOVATION NBP TL-S

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by cicacci2190
Hi everyone,
Just so you guys know, I acually have one of these and I am looking to sell it. If anyone is interested just PM me. Just looking to make some of my cash back that I spent on it. I'll take $50 plus whatever shipping costs - so it will probably be about $65 - which is what I paid before shipping. It is Anthracite Metallic but could easily be painted a different color. I just dont want to put it on becuase once I got it I realized that it will cover up my "Acura" vinyl overlay that I have on my rear window. I love it looks when its dark out IMO , so I would prefer to keep that and not put this on! Just let me know if your interested. Also, Ill even include the 3M Tape!

Thanks,
Carlo
post in the black market as told just like your other thread..
Old 06-08-2010, 03:03 PM
FRESHINNOVATION NBP TL-S

Originally Posted by sac2006TL
Hey guys, I got mine on the group buy with Swoosh way back, over 2 - 2.5 months ago.

Here is my update.

1. The double sided tape sticks well in the middle and up to 3 inches from the edges.

2. The edges have moved down over time, so the very ends of the spoiler are no longer as flush with the roof line as it once was... I used to have this perfectly flush all the way along the rear roof line, but like I said, the ends have moved down some, showing a seperation gap now...

3. My paint match is terrible. I almost think I got one that was painted the 08 version of Anthracite Metallic. Forgot what they call it, PP-something... But it is significantly lighter than the rest of my car. At first I thought it was the angle I was looking at if from, with the curved surfaces and all... And I thought the sun was reflecting funny off of it (or so I tried to convince myself). But in the dusk, it is clearly way off.

4. There are slight ripples along the surface of the spoiler. I think these came from when I fitted it, because I had to bend it significantly to get it to hug the roof line. I initially bent it, and taped it up with painter's tape. I let it sit like that for four hours before actually sticking it down. But, I probably should have heated the thing up to get it to bend easier. Don't know if this would have solved the slight ripple problem or not. Anyways, the ripples are really noticable in the sun.

In all, I paid sixty bucks for it. It looks good from far away, but up close the blemishes are noticable. The best analogy I can give you is this...

My car has 95k on it and has mostly highway miles. From a far when washed, the front end looks fine. When I get close up to it, that is when I notice that my hood and bumper look like they have ACNE. You slowly start to lose your excitement and get filled with that "ehh" feeling. You tell yourself it's not that bad and try to move on. But really in the back of your mind, you want to get the whole front end repainted and redone.

That's how I feel about this spoiler. It's "ehh" to me now. I tried to convince myself it's perfect and awesome, but it has flaws.

I am too lazy at the moment, but it will probably be coming off soon, and then headed straight for the trash can.
did you use anything else besides the 3m tape given on the roof spoiler? there was also a little tube of some adhesive given with the roof spoiler. i myself after spending money on this, i didnt want it to fall off so i went to a local auto store and bought an epoxy for it. so my far my roof spoiler has encountered high heats close to 100 degrees, maybe hotter from the straight sun beams on it and also crazy down pour rains.

neither side has moved down where the bend has been affected. take some detailed pics of your roof spoiler for us and the seller to see. contact them and see if you can work a deal out
Old 06-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Racer

I did use the tube of "adhesion promoter".

I could take pics, but it was $60 delivered. It was the gamble I told myself I was willing to take from the beginning.

It's not like a set of coilovers or something, so I don't know what deal they would work with me.

I mean the biggest problem for me is the glaring paint mis-match. Mine is really "light" for some reason. Not sure why. Maybe I will write them and see what he/she says...
Old 06-08-2010, 03:56 PM
FRESHINNOVATION NBP TL-S

my nbp and roof spoiler might be a little off but it could also be cuz the yrs of the car being out in all weather versus a freshly painted item. take pics and maybe the seller can send you a new one.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Racer

Yeah, I emailed him/her. Let's see what they say.

If nothing happens it's no big deal. I'll just take it off and move on.

BUT, usually when things sit out in the sun for years, they fade and get lighter. IF ANYTHING, this spoiler should have been DARKER than my car. Instead it is much lighter...
Old 06-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Racer

I emailed him/her yesterday and like I suspected, no response.

I've been ignored.

I figured this would happen. But seriously, How much customer service can I expect for a $60 part from Taiwan?

None. Especially a couple months after the fact.

Anyways, I wasn't expecting anything.

Well, this mod was cool at first. For me it's just not looking right, so like I said earlier, I'm gonna toss it when I get around to removing it.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Instructor

Maybe we can see if Swoosh is willing to talk to her and get as some feedback for us. I e-mailed some pic to Biggi_e so when he post the pics, you will see what I talking about. The car is really dirty though. Will wash her in the morning.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:13 AM
FRESHINNOVATION NBP TL-S

Originally Posted by aztec209
Maybe we can see if Swoosh is willing to talk to her and get as some feedback for us. I e-mailed some pic to Biggi_e so when he post the pics, you will see what I talking about. The car is really dirty though. Will wash her in the morning.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:16 AM
FRESHINNOVATION NBP TL-S

idk what to tell you, maybe you ordered the TL one and not the accord sedan one. unless they sent you the wrong one by accident. mine sits flush on both ends to the body of the car.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Instructor

idk what to tell you, maybe you ordered the TL one and not the accord sedan one. unless they sent you the wrong one by accident. mine sits flush on both ends to the body of the car.
Mine was too, everything about it was perfect and look what happened. I too ordered the accord one. I was like the 12th person to get one from swoosh and the person from ebay when it all started. what happened??

P.S. Pictures dont show. Can you try it again so that everyone can see. I don't want my fello Aziners to fall to cheap stuff.

Last edited by aztec209; 06-10-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:59 PM
OCD

Received 126 Likes on 43 Posts
I still see no pics of these defects, I just got mine today looks great I guess we shall see
Old 06-10-2010, 07:24 PM
FRESHINNOVATION NBP TL-S

i swear i posted the pics..thats weird. when i get time later i'll repost them.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:51 PM
OCD

Got mine one love it!!! fit is snug as can be. Not a good pic of it cause this was really to see my tips but I can get more later

Name:  IMG_0522.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  165.5 KB
Old 06-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Intermediate

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Roger555
Got mine one love it!!! fit is snug as can be. Not a good pic of it cause this was really to see my tips but I can get more later

Looks like a good fit...did you get the accord or the tl one? I got my missed delivery notice from usps yesterday for mine, so I unfortunately need to wait until tomorrow
Old 06-13-2010, 12:35 PM
8th Gear

I also have one and price is good and fitment is perfect
Old 06-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Racer

Okay, so everyone thought he was crazy when he said it shrunk.

I just looked at mine and would like to back up that claim. Mine fit from metal to metal when I first put it on, now I have 1/4 inch gaps on both sides.

This thing is low quality and it's showing as time goes on...
Old 06-13-2010, 06:18 PM
8th Gear

I also bought one for Anthracite Metallic. Paint job is really good for its price. I'm willing to live with it even if it shinks a little.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:44 PM
OCD

well low price usually = low quality but we shall see how "bad" it really gets I dont think i'll be too upset if it shrinks a bit its not like it will continue shrinking till theres an inch gap or something crazy like that. I would be more worried about the paint lasting
Old 06-14-2010, 07:14 AM
Racer

Agreed. I am just trying to give an update on my spoiler, as I've had it for nearly three months.

Like I said in the way beginning, it was $60 delivered. If it sucks, oh well... I guess I wasted $60! I've wasted much more than that, many times on various other things. So it's no big deal.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Racer

UPDATE:

It happened. Guess the spoiler couldn't take the heat of DC/VA/MD area anymore.

Was driving and the end came loose. About five inches from each end. So I just finally took it off.

This was fun and looked pkay for the 2.5 months I had it on. Now it sits in my garage.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
The 3M tape is not the best solution for adhesion. Mine is coming up at the ends, too. Time to get some JB Weld.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Racer

Has anyone elses "shrunk" in length?

Look closely at the ends and see if the gap between the end nad metal has increased. Mine certainly did, but interestingly enough, it fits spot on from rear windshield edge to rear windshield edge.

And funny thing is I park in a garage at home and work. Wonder how it "shrank"? Aren't things supposed to expand in the heat?!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:05 AM
j1n
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
UPDATE:

It happened. Guess the spoiler couldn't take the heat of DC/VA/MD area anymore.

Was driving and the end came loose. About five inches from each end. So I just finally took it off.

This was fun and looked pkay for the 2.5 months I had it on. Now it sits in my garage.
what is "adhesion promoter" stuff you used?

im actually going to put a roof spoiler on soon (not this ebay one) and i was going to use window weld. just want to make sure its not the same stuff caue i dont want my spoiler coming off while im driving.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Racer

I dunno what the "adhesion promotor" exactly was. It just came from Taiwan with the thing. So I used it.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Racer

Question:

Is this JB Weld and/or window weld permanent?

Is there any going back once you use it?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:29 AM
j1n
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Question:

Is this JB Weld and/or window weld permanent?

Is there any going back once you use it?

no its not perm. ppl here have used it and were able to remove it when they wanted. its just a lil harder to remove than using just 3m tape. that adhesion promotor prob wasnt the same thing as window weld
Old 06-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Instructor

Okay, so everyone thought he was crazy when he said it shrunk.

I just looked at mine and would like to back up that claim. Mine fit from metal to metal when I first put it on, now I have 1/4 inch gaps on both sides.

This thing is low quality and it's showing as time goes on...
Thanks for the back up. All I was trying to do was alert everyone, but if theirs someone still willing to throw money away, then just throw it my way I'll take it.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:33 AM
Racer

No problem! I just saw people doubting you, so I figured I would back you up as I have seen the same with mine. I would have taken pics to back you up too, but the damn thing came off. I am still boggled how it shrunk, as things usually EXPAND in heat...

Anyways, like I have said from the beginning, it was a fun $60 mod. Too bad it didn't work out. Oh well, now it's time to move on...
Old 06-17-2010, 08:25 AM
FRESHINNOVATION NBP TL-S

Originally Posted by aztec209
Thanks for the back up. All I was trying to do was alert everyone, but if theirs someone still willing to throw money away, then just throw it my way I'll take it.

aztec, i lost the email with the pics you sent me, my b.

as for sac, im in the local dmv. ive had mine for almost 2 months? so far nothing has shrunk. i hope mine doesnt...
Old 06-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Racer

I hope yours doesn't shrink either.

I'm still shocked at how this happened. Who knows?

It's probably my luck. I always get the banged up parts, or the "lemon" (if you will). My car is always getting cracks in the windshield and rock chips that pop the paint up on the hood, leaving a huge rust spot, etc., etc.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Instructor

aztec, i lost the email with the pics you sent me, my b.

as for sac, im in the local dmv. ive had mine for almost 2 months? so far nothing has shrunk. i hope mine doesnt...
I'll e-mail them to you agian.

Also I e-mailed Alisha (ebay seller) hope that they respond.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Racer

Good LUCK with a response. I emailed her and she totally ignored me.

Send her the link to this thread.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Racer

I just wanted to check in with the roof spoiler folks and see if anyone else's shrank (since some time has past)? Or are I and Aztec209 the only ones?

Quick Reply: Ebay roof spoiler everyone asks about!