3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door rubber seal worn out!!!Lousy service!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door rubber seal worn out!!!Lousy service!

Hey guys the door seal rubber strip that runs clear around the the door portal on my less than 2 month old TL has a spot that is completely worn through.
It is a spot that I must rub when getting in or out of the car.
But worn out in a month? Weird.
It is very soft rubber. Service will be replacing it under warranty but warned me that they would only do it once. WTF?
I have to say that I was less than impressed with acura of Santa Monica on my first visit. My poor impression started with the first call. Maybe I just have high standards but They tried to immediately Phone shuffle me off the the parts department. I was less than pleased.
Then when I showed up at the dealership I pulled in and it was 10 minutes before anybody even said hello to me. I watched as a handful of service guys (not mechanics) stood around and tried to figure out some guys key Fob issue.
(BTW The guy with the Fob issue couldn't wait to tell me that if he had it to do over he wouldn't buy the car in white again that he would buy the anthracite black color combo. Funny. )
It was only after I asked the group how much longer I would have to wait before I got any attention.
It has been several days and they still do not have the part.
Can any of you guys tell me how the service is at the Power dealership in the south bay is?
I may have to switch. service departments if things don't get better.
Yaesumofo
Old 03-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

Don't go to acura of santa monica. I had my car repaired at M2, and they outsourced to Santa Monica Acura to fix my airbags. Santa Monica proceeded to scratch my rear quarterpanel, crack my brake light, leave footprints on my headliner and sun visors, leave black grease marks all over the seat belt retractor areas, and left my navi and radio unplougged in the dash.

most ridiculous service ever.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zeezz
Don't go to acura of santa monica. I had my car repaired at M2, and they outsourced to Santa Monica Acura to fix my airbags. Santa Monica proceeded to scratch my rear quarterpanel, crack my brake light, leave footprints on my headliner and sun visors, leave black grease marks all over the seat belt retractor areas, and left my navi and radio unplougged in the dash.

most ridiculous service ever.

OK But where to go?
Yaesumofo
Old 03-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Ex-Acura Service Manager

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The reason they told you it will only be replaced once is probably because there are signs of abrasion on it. Warranties cover defects in materials & workmanship, not failures due to outside influence such as impact or brushing against it when getting in & out of the car.

This was a big deal with the 2nd generation Legend. For every customer I replaced these door seals for, I explained why it happened & that once out of warranty, I wouldn't be able to do much for them.

So every time I replaced one of these I asked the customer if they would like me to apply a piece of clear packing tape over the spot that wore through. Most of them took me up on the offer, especially if the warranty was about to expire.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:37 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Is the rubber seal in question on the door "opening/jam" or around the door itself...? I guess I am having a hard time seeing how either would get "warn" by interring/exiting the vehicle...

I would assume its the one on the "door jam".. Do you expect you are hitting it with your feet? I will admit they are very soft seals....

Interesting.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Instructor

A pic would help...