3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY Replacement of Window Trim Molding...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
DIY Replacement of Window Trim Molding...

Hi gang,

The black coating on one of my window trim moldings is starting to come off. Fortunately, the replacement trim seems reasonably priced from the Acura... However, I have no idea how difficult or easy it would be to remove and replace these pieces... This generally one of those things where a good DIY or YouTube video describing the process and tools used could be really helpful.

I've generally found most of the things on this car are pretty easy to remove and replace (most things just snap together) or have some basic screws, but there's usually a procedure or trick involved, and once you know that "trick" it's pretty easy to do. I can see a few screws/clips in the fische image, but not sure what else is involved.

If any question about what trim I'm talking about, it's the pieces shown in green in the image below....

Anyone have a good write up (hopefully not with dead picture links) that guides one through the process, tools used, etc?
Old 09-15-2017, 10:20 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
Check out this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...r-trim-962186/

BTW, the black trim is vinyl wrap over metal. There are a couple of other threads where members removed the old vinyl and put on new vinyl over the metal, if you're so inclined.

G/L!