Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: Ebay Accord Foglight Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Originally Posted by vi3tboi
will this mod work on canadian tl models?
Yes.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Traveling the country

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just ordered my set. What bulbs can I get that will be similar in color to the stock HID's?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:14 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been sitting on my fogs for a month now due to the weather, what I'm contemplating is the actual installation of the fogs themselves...I hope that there is a place on the back of the bumper that I can attach the brackets...but won't know until I remove the bumper.....
Old 03-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by HEK
I've been sitting on my fogs for a month now due to the weather, what I'm contemplating is the actual installation of the fogs themselves...I hope that there is a place on the back of the bumper that I can attach the brackets...but won't know until I remove the bumper.....
Its going to require some cutting with a dremel tool (or equivalent) but I have a pic on the exact cuts you need to make so that the included brackets will attach. I'll post the pic after work today.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bimmerman
Just ordered my set. What bulbs can I get that will be similar in color to the stock HID's?
The closest you could get in a halogen bulb is one that will look like a 5000k (to emulate a broken in/color shifted stock Osram bulb) would be a PIAA Xtreme hyper white bulb.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StYLeZz101
i have the set up wired and working...
however if i leave the parking lights and the switch on for the fogs and arm the car the fogs come on and off every time the park lights light up...same thing goes for when i unlock the doors....is there a way of preventing this flicker from happening where i can leave the park lights and fog lights on and have the lock feature turn off the lights and when i go to unlock the car the fogs wont come on and off and come on and off????
thats how it is setup. i dont know how to fix that problem. sorry, that i cant give you a answer >.<
Old 03-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by V-tec
thats how it is setup. i dont know how to fix that problem. sorry, that i cant give you a answer >.<
yeah this sucks. I did my wiring independently of V-tec's DIY and still have that same problem. I don't think there is a solution as of yet. I need to think about this some more....
Old 03-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Traveling the country

I think I am going to wire mine so that they come on with the headlights. I know I will never turn them off unless I am turning the headlights off as well and eventually plan to go HID so I do not want them to flicker.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by V-tec

thanks i was just wondering if there was a fix...ill jus remember to turn the switch off for the accord fogs b/c i am running hids in the lower fogs
Old 03-10-2009, 09:08 AM
HEK

Originally Posted by gerzand
Its going to require some cutting with a dremel tool (or equivalent) but I have a pic on the exact cuts you need to make so that the included brackets will attach. I'll post the pic after work today.
Thanks ahead, I know there will be some surgery done but I'm curious as to what will keep the assembly from falling off or shaking.....well see..
Old 03-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Traveling the country

Can you post those pics? I am going to be installing my set in a few days and they would really help out.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

sorry it took so long...

Can you post those pics? I am going to be installing my set in a few days and they would really help out.
I forgot to post it. Here's the pics of the cuts and how the included brackets can me made to work with the 3G TL. Hope it helps

Inside cuts:

Fog light housing trimmed areas:

After:

Last edited by gerzand; 03-14-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Instructor

Did you happen to take pics of inside the bumper with the lights installed and the wiring? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Traveling the country

Thanks for the pics. Glad to see you have the A-Spec lip, I have one as well and wondered how they would fit.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Traveling the country

Never mind, found it.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
Never mind, found it.
link?
Old 03-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by njfinest05
NICE! This forum = . Definitely bookmarking this DIY lol. Has anyone ever installed these w/o the A-Spec lip? All the pics I see are on cars w/ the lip and I can't afford the kit yet.
i did mine. i have an a-spec lip and i didnt remove the bumper and only moved the lip slightly out of the way.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Traveling the country

Originally Posted by sixsixfour
i did mine. i have an a-spec lip and i didnt remove the bumper and only moved the lip slightly out of the way.

So you did not remove the bumper at all to install yours? What about for the wiring?

I just got my HID kit in so I will be installing mine this weekend.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Drifting

So you did not remove the bumper at all to install yours? What about for the wiring?

I just got my HID kit in so I will be installing mine this weekend.
ill post the pics tonight. the wiring was run behind the front bumper, up the intake section and through the firewall.

i used the factory Accord foglight kit, and was installed with a relay as well.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Instructor

Another DIY on accord foglights

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/g-031-diy-accord-foglight-mod-without-removing-spec-bumper-717204/
Old 03-25-2009, 09:10 AM
HEK

So here I'm at work and can't see pics stored in personal sites, so today I had a tought...what if i wire the fog lights to the AVS button as I allways shut it off when driving. The question here is that if I shut the AVS off as I do, is there juice going into the system or is it the other way around?...
Old 03-28-2009, 10:47 AM
HEK

Today I decided to tackle the install and took all the wiring off the box, to my dissapointment that the switch is not the same as some here so I may have to jst tap into the existing OEM fogs but I have some question to those who may be able to help me....
This pic is a no brainer.....or at least if someone can tell me which wire I should use to tap into the existing wiring of the fogs...the tan connector has a blue and a green wire which were mentioned on this thread

And these pics I got lost totally as I wouldn't know which wire to use to tap into the battery if I decided to go with the switch...thanks for any help.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Traveling the country

When I wired mine I threw away the smaller harness and cut off the brown/tan clip that the green and blue wire are connected to.

I ran the red and yellow wire to the + side of the battery, and connected the green wire to my headlight wire under the hood.

The way I have mine wired the fog come on when ever my low beam headlights are on.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:51 PM
HEK

When I wired mine I threw away the smaller harness and cut off the brown/tan clip that the green and blue wire are connected to.

I ran the red and yellow wire to the + side of the battery, and connected the green wire to my headlight wire under the hood.

The way I have mine wired the fog come on when ever my low beam headlights are on.

Thanks for the reply, so it would be safe to say that if I tap into the OEM fog wiring I can have both sets come on at the same time?...I'm hoping for a yes..
Old 04-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wiring

i also was going to tackle the fog light install today but saw a bunch of harnesses and nowhere to connect them. first theres the brownish tan clip with the green and blue wires. where does the green wire go? and is the blue wire even used? theres 3 bare wires just sittin by thereselves ( the red yellow and white wires). where do these wires go? and im usin the switch so on the harness with the clip for the switch there are red and black wires which im guessing are power and ground? also there are 2 clips i dont think are even used which are the two grays next to the green clip.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:04 AM
HEK

Ok I'm going to tackle this today and before I start to cut the bumper I think is best for those of us "electronically decline" to try to wire the fogs per the instructions above..."yellow/ green wires with an inline fuse to the battery"...
strip the brown connector and take the green wire and find (for me ) the parking lights fuse, and tap into it using one connector on post one that fits inside the fuse box and see if the lights go on when you turn on the parking lights (it's the route I'm taking)...or send the green wire thru the firewall and find the other green wire that connects to the switch and see if the lights go when you press it....anyone with any suggestions or opinions of my thoughts prior to my attemp, feel free to comment..thanks all and hope not to blow up my TL...lol...
Old 04-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Traveling the country

Originally Posted by HEK
Ok I'm going to tackle this today and before I start to cut the bumper I think is best for those of us "electronically decline" to try to wire the fogs per the instructions above..."yellow/ green wires with an inline fuse to the battery"...
strip the brown connector and take the green wire and find (for me ) the parking lights fuse, and tap into it using one connector on post one that fits inside the fuse box and see if the lights go on when you turn on the parking lights (it's the route I'm taking)...or send the green wire thru the firewall and find the other green wire that connects to the switch and see if the lights go when you press it....anyone with any suggestions or opinions of my thoughts prior to my attemp, feel free to comment..thanks all and hope not to blow up my TL...lol...

I did not use an in-line fuse when wiring straight to the battery, what I did was wire them so they are using the main battery fuse that is already on the fuse block under the hood.

I wired mine like this:

- The red/white/yellow wires they are together I cut the white wire down and tapped it off. Wired the red/yellow to the + on the battery using the main battery fuse of the car as my fuse.

- The brown connector with the green/blue wire, I cut the brown connector off and cut down the blue wire and tapped it up. Then I wired the green wire to the low beam headlights. I did this by connecting it to the fuse in the fuse block under the hood.

I like the way my wiring came out as I did not cut into any factory wiring at all so if I ever want to remove the wires you would never know they were installed. I may add a switch in the future, but I have had mine installed for about 2 weeks now and like them coming on with the low beam lights.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:52 PM
HEK

I did not use an in-line fuse when wiring straight to the battery, what I did was wire them so they are using the main battery fuse that is already on the fuse block under the hood.

I wired mine like this:

- The red/white/yellow wires they are together I cut the white wire down and tapped it off. Wired the red/yellow to the + on the battery using the main battery fuse of the car as my fuse.

- The brown connector with the green/blue wire, I cut the brown connector off and cut down the blue wire and tapped it up. Then I wired the green wire to the low beam headlights. I did this by connecting it to the fuse in the fuse block under the hood.

I like the way my wiring came out as I did not cut into any factory wiring at all so if I ever want to remove the wires you would never know they were installed. I may add a switch in the future, but I have had mine installed for about 2 weeks now and like them coming on with the low beam lights.
Well I failed to get them to come on...I added wire to the red and yellow and wrapped it on the + terminal of the battery and then took the green wire and pressed it into the #1 fuse and turned the lights on, all came on but the fogs...I did this placing the fogs on the floor of my garage...damn sucks to be dumb and old...what am I doing wrong?......I want my loghts to go on when the parking lights come on, not the low beam, but the manual doesn't show a fuse for the parking lights alone....

Last edited by HEK; 04-04-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:51 PM
HEK

ok sorry for the previous post....I never grounded the fogs..., the fogs turned on, so now to take the bumper off and do some surgery....wish me luck....
Old 04-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Traveling the country

I was going to write and ask about the ground.

Good Luck with the install.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:28 PM
HEK

well I'm dissapointed at the fact that after amost 4 hours on one housing I was not able to make the proper angle to match the bumper, therefore the gaps that I saw were too large in my opinion to actually leave it, so I placed the bumper back on the TL and will consider one day installing the lights without the housing in back of the grills, but the frustration took over and well I may just be too picky when it comes to the TL ...I see the pictures and you can barely see the gaps in some of your rides but if you look long enough they are there....thanks all for your time and a word of advise, have patience, this mod kicked my arse....
Old 04-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Drifting

I was going to write and ask about the ground.

Good Luck with the install.
mine was wired on the existing body ground that the negative terminal of the battery was bolted to.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
fog install

i installed my ebay fogs last night and the housing didnt fit the bumper at all so i custom mounted just the glass housing part to the grill. i also put 8000k hids in them and there bright! the fogs kind of angle to the outer sides though. il take pics tonight and post them
Old 04-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
Ok so I have a set of these ebay accord fogs that I will be installing soon and here is my question...

Who is using the switch that came with the fogs?

I was going to wire them up to the switch and throw the switch in next to the VSA button where the blank is now. BUT I took off the panel last night took out the blank and put the fog switch in and it is flat not curved like the VSA so it looks kinda funny.

So if anyone is using the switch how do you think it looks and if you are not using the switch that came with the fogs which one did you get and where did you get it from? I am just thinking of some different options before I make a decision. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn
Ok so I have a set of these ebay accord fogs that I will be installing soon and here is my question...

Who is using the switch that came with the fogs?

I was going to wire them up to the switch and throw the switch in next to the VSA button where the blank is now. BUT I took off the panel last night took out the blank and put the fog switch in and it is flat not curved like the VSA so it looks kinda funny.

So if anyone is using the switch how do you think it looks and if you are not using the switch that came with the fogs which one did you get and where did you get it from? I am just thinking of some different options before I make a decision. Thanks!
there are many pics and discussions of this in fog light threads... however im too lazy to look them up for you, but they are there trust me Just look through all of my posts and you'll find those threads that Ive participated in.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Safety Car

there are many pics and discussions of this in fog light threads... however im too lazy to look them up for you, but they are there trust me Just look through all of my posts and you'll find those threads that Ive participated in.
haha, yea, I know about all the threads, I have no issues with the wiring or cutting or install, I got that. I am just asking about the switch...
Are you using the switch?

SELL ME YOUR ATLP QUADS!!!!!! hahahah

Last edited by CarrieLynn; 04-09-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn
haha, yea, I know about all the threads, I have no issues with the wiring or cutting or install, I got that. I am just asking about the switch...
Are you using the switch?

SELL ME YOUR ATLP QUADS!!!!!! hahahah
no hun they're all mine!

But yeah, there are pics OF THE SWITCH INSTALLED in those threads...not just explanations on wiring . I have the Depo switch.... which is similar but no cigar. It's a tad different (has curvature) and doesn't stick out so far which looks better IMO. Ive posted a pics of mine, and 2 other have of their eBay fog switch.

Last edited by gerzand; 04-09-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Safety Car

no hun they're all mine!

But yeah, there are pics OF THE SWITCH INSTALLED in those threads...not just explanations on wiring . I have the Depo switch.... which is similar but no cigar. It's a tad different (has curvature) and doesn't stick out so far which looks better IMO. Ive posted a pics of mine, and 2 other have of their eBay fog switch.
haha, alright, I will look again but I swear I have searched through like 15 fog threads, I'm silly. I'll find it though, worst case I'll just use the switch I have and change it out later, no big deal. Thanks!!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Fear and Loathing in my

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm having trouble wiring everything. I have the same set up as HEK posted pix of up above. I want to use a switch inside the car to turn on the fogs, so I will be using both harnesses. I have tried multiple times running various wires to the battery, and with no luck, I have nothing.

Now, If I want to use the switch inside the car, do I still need to tap into the hi/low beams? That is the one thing that I still have yet to try, but before I go insane i thought I would ask here and see what advice i could get.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 07-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Traveling the country

You do not need to tap into the high/low beems unless you only want the fogs to be able to turn on when they are on.

There really is only 3 connection you have to make if you think about it. Ground, 12V constant, and 12V switch.

You can ground the fog lights to any metal right near where they are mounted. Then run the 12V constant to the fuse block under the hood. The only wife you need to run inside the car is the 12V switch.

Quick Reply: DIY: Ebay Accord Foglight Wiring