Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you here about this

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 11:48 PM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Did you here about this

I don't know if this is old news to you guys. But it's new to me. If this is true then I am getting a G35. Looks like the new TL is going to get it's ass handed to them. Is this the right place to post this?

Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

The big news for the 2004 G35 Sport Sedan is the addition, beginning in early December, of the G35 Sedan Leather AWD model. This new model features an advanced all-wheel drive system with an active torque distribution management system with an electro-magnetic clutch (no center differential). The advantage of this system is smooth starts and better traction and maneuverability on snowy roads and minimal compromise of rear-wheel drive performance characteristics on dry roads. Torque distribution front-to-rear is computer controlled and is variable between 0:100 and 50:50 front:rear.

All 2004 G35 Sport Sedans express Infiniti’s bold new direction of combining leading-edge design and technology, driver-oriented performance and a high level of luxury. The G35 comes standard with a 260-horsepower 3.5-liter V6, 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode or close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission, 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension and rear-wheel drive.

Enhancements to the 2004 G35 Sport Sedan include:
·New G35 Leather AWD model with ATTESA E-TS all-wheel drive system, including "Snow-Mode" switch which fixes the torque distribution ration at 50:50 to improve performance on slippery roads
·Standard heated outside mirrors on all models 17-inch wheels now standard on all models
·Improved standard 6-disc CD changer (with faster operation)
·Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System
·Standard rear limited-slip differential on Leather 6MT model
·Heated front seats and 4-way power front passenger's seat standard on Leather, Leather 6MT models
·Engine will meet LEV2 standard for emission control (beginning with October production)
·Two new exterior colors – Diamond Graphite, Twilight Blue (previously available)

http://www.nissannews.com/
Old 09-04-2003, 12:03 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OLD News, All G35 is getting is AWD..

Yes it would be nice if 2004TL had it, but value and features in the TL will kick the G35's ass, just wait and see..
Old 09-04-2003, 02:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
The G35 has a cheap, "bling bling" interior IMO. To each his own though
Old 09-04-2003, 04:23 AM
Advanced

Its a Nissan---so no matter what I don't think it would be worth getting......actually I've never owned a Nissan/Infiniti but I will say this after 5 years of professionally 12 volt installation and working on thousands of cars it seems to me when you compare Honda-Nissan-Toyota cars that are beginning to age the fit, finish and workmanship seem to be the worst on the NIssan/Infinitis---Older toyotas aren't much better but it always seems as if the Honda/Acuras tend to hold up better over time.....maybe Nissan has improved things who knows.....but while I think about it if I was to include Mitsubishi in my comparo they would definately take the cake for deteriorating over time----- Although I have been eyeing the Nissan Maxima(the G35 just doesn't do anything for me looks wise) w/ the Elite 4 bucket seat option and skyview roof if it came down to the TL and Maxima I'd think I'd have to pick the TL...itd be a tough one to call---that damn interior and dash in the new TL is just to damn nice looking
Old 09-04-2003, 07:06 AM
Burning Brakes

I wouldnt get the sedan...but the G35C is one sexy car.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:58 AM
Dr. TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if they fixed up the interior, had better gearing and shifter on their 6-speeds, and had better resale value, I would definitely get one of these.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:14 AM
The Undertaker

i'd still take the G35C 6Sp in a heardbeat....and now with AWD? So tempting...
Old 09-04-2003, 03:30 PM
Advanced

but 2004tl will have a-spec available with good brakes , tighter suspension&shocks, and better tire....so i gues the thing is , if u want performance, go to g35, if u can sacrifice a bit of that for more luxury and comfort, go to tl ...at least thats from my p.o.v