Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer 4 the buy, Dealer 4 the service?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Jimmy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer 4 the buy, Dealer 4 the service?

Does anyone know if I might run into issues by buying a new TL at the dealership that will sell it to me at the lowest price and then having the car serviced at a dealership close to my house, which also has a much better reputation?

Cheers,

Adam
Old 06-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
you can get it serviced at any acura dealer... i happen to take my car to the dealer i bought it from cause they have a good service dept (cept for their 25 and older loaner policy), they know me, and is close to my work!
Old 06-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Sales and service run independently from one another, and like CTLGO said, you can get your car serviced at any Acura dealership. The service department has no reason to give you "subpar treatment" just because you didn't buy the car there. To them, all you are is a tag number and they probably wouldn't even know where you bought the car.

The only time it would be beneficial to have bought the car at the same place you get it serviced is if you are getting some sort of a "runaround" with the service department and you can go back to your sales guy/sales manager and have them talk to the service manager.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:40 AM
SOLD

It just depends on variables.....here in CO I bought my car in Colorado Springs after the dealership in Boulder were trying to screw me for the trade in (good condition Benz!). But Boulder is 10 minutes away from home and work, while COlorado springs is a little over an hour away. Service Dept is questionable - about half my antifreeze leaked out of my car and they told me this a just a self leveling process of the engine? They have told me that the check engine light coming on was because of the air-fuel ratio sensor; replaced and still happens about once a week either flashing or staying on for a couple of hours then going off. Came on again driving to work this morning, taking it in tomorrow for mulitple concerns. They will probably tell me that they have never heard of any of the things I speak about, and that they don't know what an Acura TL is....funny thing is that these "awesome" people are owned by the same GREAT store in CO Springs! CHeck all your options.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by NightRider
It just depends on variables.....here in CO I bought my car in Colorado Springs after the dealership in Boulder were trying to screw me for the trade in (good condition Benz!). But Boulder is 10 minutes away from home and work, while COlorado springs is a little over an hour away. Service Dept is questionable - about half my antifreeze leaked out of my car and they told me this a just a self leveling process of the engine? They have told me that the check engine light coming on was because of the air-fuel ratio sensor; replaced and still happens about once a week either flashing or staying on for a couple of hours then going off. Came on again driving to work this morning, taking it in tomorrow for mulitple concerns. They will probably tell me that they have never heard of any of the things I speak about, and that they don't know what an Acura TL is....funny thing is that these "awesome" people are owned by the same GREAT store in CO Springs! CHeck all your options.
It's experiences like this that make me hide in my trunk as the repairs are being done. Sometimes they treat you like an idiot - then they wonder why people come in all PO'd at them. I hate service departments. I agree - keep your options open. I have the same deal - one close might be suspect, better one is farther away...
Old 06-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am doing that now. Bought mine in NJ- having it serviced at a PA dealer. I assume the loaner cars are charged back to Acura nad not a dealer expense