3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy a rebuilt Type-S?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
Skip on it. Especially if you plan to mod. You might find it more trouble than it is worth
Old 09-21-2017, 02:26 PM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Received 404 Likes on 316 Posts
I just picked up a Type-S in Knoxville 3 weeks ago. That was a hell of a long drive but it was fun, made it in 13 and a half hours.
I would pass on the salvaged title and just keep patience. The right one will come along eventually.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1black_seven
I just picked up a Type-S in Knoxville 3 weeks ago. That was a hell of a long drive but it was fun, made it in 13 and a half hours.
I would pass on the salvaged title and just keep patience. The right one will come along eventually.
Yeah, i browsed your post history to check out your AT Type-S, and saw that you got the one in Knox. Did you fly in and drive back? How's it treating you so far?
Old 09-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Received 404 Likes on 316 Posts
I drove the TL with a buddy of mine, picked it up and drove both back. The only reservation I have about the car is the throw and the check valve crap that Acura put in all the manuals. I've only been able to drive it for a week, right now I have it on jacks with the motor pulled. It's getting a new clutch, full tune up, valve adjustment, and a ton of mods.
The 5AT has been incredibly reliable throughout the years, I'm really still on the fence about selling it.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:32 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1black_seven
I drove the TL with a buddy of mine, picked it up and drove both back. The only reservation I have about the car is the throw and the check valve crap that Acura put in all the manuals. I've only been able to drive it for a week, right now I have it on jacks with the motor pulled. It's getting a new clutch, full tune up, valve adjustment, and a ton of mods.
The 5AT has been incredibly reliable throughout the years, I'm really still on the fence about selling it.
Yeah, I'd be on the fence too. It's a nice looking machine. What price range were you thinking of?