3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Dealer Service in NC (RTP) ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best Dealer Service in NC (RTP) ?

I wanted to know people's experiences with North Carolina Acura dealerships. I'm in the RTP area and the 2 nearest are Leith in Cary (very close) and Performance in Chapel Hill (about 25 miles). A buddy at work said that he thought the service was better at Performance. I will probably be buying in a few months. Not sure if it will be an '06 or '07 TL. Want to try an MT too but have not had that chance yet. Anyone use these 2 dealerships and care to comment?

Thanks,
John

Old 11-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Intermediate

Anybody? I was hoping to wait till at least springtime but my current ride is having an issue and probably won't make it that long.

John
Old 11-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Lt. Dangle

I originally went to Leith Acura in Cary intending to buy a 2006 TL. The salesman was informative, but was not interested in dealing. I had already arranged for a 2005 TL to be transferred to Carmax in Raleigh for me to test drive and advised him that he should call me in the next few hours with his best deal.

Not sure if he didn't take me seriously, but when I got to Carmax, I found an SSM 2005 TL with A-spec body kit and Navi in great shape with less than 7K miles on it for $6K less than the "best" deal Leith offered. By the time my salesman called me back, I had already been driving my 2005 for a week.

Now that I have had the car for 9 months, I had my first warranty issue come up (driver air bag warning light). Still waiting for the part to come in, but so far they have treated me well (service B done, loaner car). No complaints on the service.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Instructor

I bought my TL in New Jersey and shipped it down to NC, but I have been getting service at Performance Acura in Chapel Hill and I really like their service center.

Good Luck on your purchase.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Skeet Skeet Skeet

Performance acura...they did the tranny warranty on my car
Old 11-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I'll chime in and say that I have bought 5 Acura's from Leith and do my major service work there and they have never let me down.

By the way ... you want a 2005 Silver 6MT TL with 24K miles? I'd on the fence to part with mine ... PM if interested

But for sure I'd say give Leith a try first ... very professional staff
Old 11-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Intermediate

Thanks for the info! I'll be going to both to see how I get treated but wanted to know about others experiences before I got serious.

enormus, glad you had a good experience with CarMax. Is it any different in person vs. online? Whenever I look online I never see good deals. For instance, I just looked at the Raleigh store (and what can be sent to it) and they had an '05 TL/Nav with 11,000 miles for $30,998. Maybe I need to go there and see?

I keep the cars I like a long, long time. My current '93 Maxima has 230,000 miles and I bought it with 9,000 miles in Nov. '93. I'm leaning towards an '07 because I like the changes they made and I plan on it being a keeper- I hope!

John
Old 11-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
If you're up for a short drive, I'd recommend Hendrick Acura in Charlotte. Heck, contact their internet sales manager and get a quote...can't hurt...might even be able to use it as leverage against one of your locals.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Leith has alot of good people. That is where I baught my car. My dad is a sales manager at another dealership so maybe that is why they treated me so well. Who can be sure? The service guys were always helpful and polite.

Bottom line, I might be biased but I think Leith has alot of good people and is worth calling or taking a look.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:09 PM
1st Gear

Go to Performance

I have to chime in on this one. I have owned two TLs starting the first year of the 1st generation. We purchased the first one at Performance and the second in tidewater VA. We live in NE NC, 3.5 hours from Chapel Hill and only an hour from Chesapeake VA.

We have tried service in VA but have been disappointed. Performance has been exceptional. I cannot adequately express in words the exceptional service we have received from Performance. They are totally outstanding. I cannot speak for Leith other than they never want to deal on a new car. The interaction with Leith on a purchase leaves a lot to be desired.

I have some outstanding stories on how Performance has gone way beyond expectations to take care of us and our Acura. Too long for this post.

For service... ask for Marv. He is by far the most professional service writer I have ever had any dealings with.

Performance... just plain outstanding service They also offer very competitive deals on their cars.

My 2 cents...
Old 11-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
When I lived in Durham in the mid-1990s I tried both Performance and Leith for service on a 1986 Legend I had bought in Northern Virginia. I had various problems with Performance, including their repeated failure to fix the air conditioner when it wasn't blowing cold enough, so I tried Leith and never had a problem there. It was a bit of a nuisance to go all the way down there, but I was considerably more confident that they were doing the job correctly compared to the guys at Performance. Of course, this was 10 years ago, so the odds are that the service staff has changed at both places since then.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:17 AM
v 4910shp/19,600ft-lb v

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd have to agree with the others above, I think Performance is a great place. Very helpful with everything they did. Service department even fit me in during a busy day so I could get service doon before a very long road trip. I don't know how they are with aftermarket mods, since I haven't gone there after putting them on... Oh, they also prefer to go by the MID, if that makes any difference to you.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by walywrld1
...For service... ask for Marv. He is by far the most professional service writer I have ever had any dealings with.

Performance... just plain outstanding service They also offer very competitive deals on their cars.

My 2 cents...
I agree with you and your positive comments about Performance . I purchased my TL in Mar 04 and have been using Performance for all service. For the last year or so, I have been working exclusively with Marv. I had some difficult to diagnose electrical problems and Marv always kept me informed of what was going on and when I could expect the TL to be ready. Additionally, with a couple days notice, they have always been able to provide me with an Acura loaner. A number of times the loaner was an RL. Also, they have no problem if you want to provide your own oil/filter and adjust the bill accordingly. I would highly recommend Performance.