Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto shop quotes

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:30 PM
Y_Melissa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto shop quotes

When I first bought this car, I had a mechanic look over the car and this is what I got back. I’ve had something fixed with the car and others not so much.

Somwtimes when im driving I feel as if I’m floating, like all my wheels might not be touching the floor. Now when I tell others to drive my car they tell me it’s fine. I went to a mechanic to change my brakes, and he inspected it and said they were fine. But when I go to brake, I hear it squeal. Driving me insane. And another thing was when they put my car on the lift, one tire was hanging down further than the rest, might be something about a lower ball joint or bar link I was quoted $500. My car drives rough, or maybe it’s all the damn potholes in San Diego, either way I would like to make it smoother if possible. I wanna know if maybe because I am a female with no auto mechanic knowledge, are all these prices accurate. I really try to understand what and how makes a car work, and it’s difficult. With my knowledge I know I should be pedaling. Lol but any input would be appreciated.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
you can get beck parts or another brand dirt cheap on rock auto. Sounds like you need new control arm bushings and shocks at a minimum. End links connect them and can make the car feel unstable too. Make sure you get an alignment after those!

you can save money on the 105K service with AISIN kit and also doing the oil pump seals and such at the same time.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
The price for part and labor is very reasonable (IF OEM part being use per this quote), however I think if you do 3 engine mounts they should give you some discount and the back mount require loosen the front and rear mount as well.

1. Front lower ball joint and lower control arm bushing is your priority issues now, when the lower ball joint shear off you won't have complete control of the car steering. I know what the floating feeling you talking about its the lower control arm bushing that completely getting destroyed.

2. You will have to look into the timing belt service IF it has not been done that is your next priority.

3. IF you decide to get the rear main seal done, all of these labor and part shouldn't cost more than $2k (that a lot of work) since they have to drop the engine out from under neath your car anyway so everything else on this list is are easy jobs.

BTW is this the same 05 Red TL you have?
Old 03-23-2019, 02:11 AM
Y_Melissa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you guys for the input.
And yes @truonghthe, it is the same car lol.