3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura Service Department-Any Recommended in So.Cal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Acura Service Department-Any Recommended in So.Cal?

Any good recommendations for an Acura Dealership Service department in the Southern California area? Anyone care to share?

Thanks,
Old 11-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
While I can't say which ones are good - I can tell you the one in Santa Monica screwed my TL up big time. I took it there for my transmission recall. The brake light indicator is on for the first 10 minutes of driving They left wires dangling under my dash. My alarm system no longer chirps. There was footprints all over my seats and there was a dirty glaze on the inside of my windsheild. I informed of the issue and they had me take more time out to get another rental car (they did pay for it) only to get it back with the wires tucked a little better but the brakes and the alarm are still an issue.

They called for a customer survey and I informed them of the issue and they said brakes or brake light indicators aren't covered under warranty!!!! I tried to inform Honda corporate but got no response.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Instructor

interesting....that bites...sorry to hear about that....good to know ...
Old 11-20-2005, 11:09 PM
ediddy

SouthBay Acura of Torrance is the place to go....just ask for Jon Martin Service Manager 310-539-3636. 90% of nsx owners go there to get their service done by him and some come from over an hour away.RL, RSX's, TL, CL's, TSX's also too so call him and you will see.

eddie
Old 11-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Instructor

thanks....we'll do....
I live in the Pasadena area....(quite a drive) but we'll do..
I wanted to ask about the noise..chirping sound everytime i go over a bump on the a bumpy road coming from the right/rear 1/4 panel on the interior. Pretty annoying.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally like Acura 101 West in Calabasas.
The service team is great and they take the time to answer all your questions and if they need to call you back... They do.

If you're looking for something in the valley, you can go to Keyes, but ONLY deal with Alan Cohen - Service advisor. IMO, he is the only guy there that will give you a straight story and he's very personable.

Just my
Old 11-21-2005, 12:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Best service i got was from Acura of Glendale. ask for Wahndee. they repainted my rear bumper since mine was way off, and also fixed my brakes. turned out my front rotors were warped so they turned it and put in new pads all under warrenty. i also got a TSX loaner.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
Best service i got was from Acura of Glendale. ask for Wahndee. they repainted my rear bumper since mine was way off, and also fixed my brakes. turned out my front rotors were warped so they turned it and put in new pads all under warrenty. i also got a TSX loaner.
Wahndee is the man. He is from Acura of Pasadena and tranferred to Glandale after Pasadena location closed. Best service you can find in So. Cal.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up

Acura of Glendale used to be in Acura of Pasadena...I'm not sure if it is the same people working there now. I remember I had an 03 CL....I wasn't very happy with their service dept. I do remember an asian dude named Wahndi...or something like that. If it is the same person....he wasn't very helpful...when i was there...... I will consider it....
Thanks for all these responses.....I"m definitely gonna take everyone's opinion in consideration. I've been going to Sierra Acura in Alhambra for quite a while and wanted other recommendations...if they cannot fix my problem. Im going for the following:
2005 TL
1. chirping noise everytime i go over a bump or bumpy road from rear/right 1/4 panel of the interior
2. faded dash
3. right headlight fogging up everytime i wash my car
Old 11-21-2005, 12:23 PM
100k miles club

let's just say Thomas Acura had to take my car to the body shop twice when the original reason for me to bring it in was a rear deck rattle. they also had my car so long that they paid a month of my car note. after that horrible experience, i now take my car to Downey Acura. ask for Kam if you do go. they aslo referred me to a stereo shop that hooked up my system
Old 11-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Instructor

wut did they do to your car to keep it soo long?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:21 PM
100k miles club

Originally Posted by RC51TOFUMAN
wut did they do to your car to keep it soo long?
in order to fix the rattle in the rear deck, they had to remove the back seats. well, anyone who had common sense would lift the back seat and take it out through the doors. unfortunately for me, the guys who removed the back seat "forgot" to lift the seats as it pass through the back door. instead they dragged it, leaving deep scratches on the interior and exterior panel. on top of all that, i picked up my car and NO ONE informed me of the the damage and NO ONE fixed it. lucky for me, i always inspect my car and saw it. so that was trip number one to the body shop. that took 4 days. oh and the rattle wasn't fixed. that took about 14 days to fix a rear deck rattle. i told them about the hole that was drilled in my front bumper to support the plate (2nd time i mentioned it) - this time they went and fixed it - second trip to the body shop. this took about 3 days. so they had my car for about 22 days total. mind you that my car was only 3 months old when this occurred

here's the thread about it https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=thomas+acura
Old 11-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Instructor

sorry to hear bro....good to know for reference....
Old 11-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by erok72
I personally like Acura 101 West in Calabasas.
The service team is great and they take the time to answer all your questions and if they need to call you back... They do.

If you're looking for something in the valley, you can go to Keyes, but ONLY deal with Alan Cohen - Service advisor. IMO, he is the only guy there that will give you a straight story and he's very personable.

Just my
I second 101 West. So far so good, and Miguel has been great.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:38 PM
shift@8k

wahndee at acura of glendale is the best. i can't even begin to name how many times he came through for me with my car
Old 11-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Instructor

Don't know how far south you want to go, but Hoehn Acura in Carlsbad was always good to me.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:18 PM
7th Gear

Don't go to Hoehn

If you want your car to come out with more problems than it came in with, then go to Hoehn, they totally screwed up my car, and the Service manager (who had to get involved after they tried to return my car to me with a center console that wasn't bolted to the floor and trim that was unattached and lying on the floor) will tell you "your car looks great, come pick it up", and then you find the problems that they created while trying to fix something else. Truthfully, I think they are more interested in trying to push em out the door than to do quality work.

I would avoid them at all costs!
Old 07-21-2007, 04:12 PM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Wow, so don't trust Santa Monica? That's where I got my TL-S... lol! Took it there once for sub-woofer rattles and was fixed. They gave me a 07 TL loaner, which I floored the shit out of, ehehe. I might be moving down to South Pasadena, so maybe I'll look for Mr. W in Glendale. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Instructor

Either Rick or Wahndee at Acura of Glendale does a fantastic job, they are simply the best.
I always get a loaner if the service takes more than a few hours. Hope this helps
Old 07-21-2007, 04:17 PM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Originally Posted by elsensei
Don't know how far south you want to go, but Hoehn Acura in Carlsbad was always good to me.
lol it says you're in ATL on your profile...did you used to live in SoCal? I would love to floor my TL-S on ATL tollways... I've been there several times visiting my ex-gf...she has a VW Bug, so couldn't really do much, ah! I wonder how the TL-S performs under slippery surfaces. Not much rain in L.A. like ATL...freakin' scattered and isolated thunderstorms are cool! One thing I dislike about ATL is its humidity...
Old 07-22-2007, 10:17 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the info

02 TL-Type S owner here. I need to get a tune-up and I was wondering who's a good service dealer in southern California.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:39 PM
7th Gear

Problems resolved

Last time I posted regarding my Acura Service Department experience, it wasn't too positive. Now I can report that the issues with my car have been taken care of and that I am SO glad. I went through Acura Client Services to resolve the issues that Hoen Acura caused (see my earlier posting). The rep at Acura set me up with the manager at the dealership where I bought my car and he totally took care of my car and gave me the red carpet treatment. If you want to go to a dealership you can trust, Deal with Max at Acura of Mission Viejo. Although it is about 60 miles from my home (Hoehn was about 4) I will make the drive each and every time!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:43 PM
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS

Thumbs up for Glendale! Great service there!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:02 PM
6th Gear

I've also had good experience with Glendale's service. That's where I got my '07 TL. Tony Gonzalez is the rep I deal with there. Only negative for me, is no wi-fi in lobby. Other than that, all good!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Valencia Acura

I have had my car in for three services.... one for the first oil change, one for a new windshield and a third to fix the subwoofer rattle.... all three were finished when promised and the car came back shiny and clean as new... they are very fast and courteous....
Old 08-28-2007, 09:54 PM
4th Gear

Service

I would recomend Tustin Acura. I have been there a few times for routine maintance,no problems, treat you well.

Stay away from Acura in Mission Viejo, They have no clue!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:16 AM
7th Gear

Renewed Trust

I went to Acura of Mission Viejo initially, but switched to Hoehn, primarily due to it's proximity to my home. I have to tell you though, Max (the manager) really did me right at A of MV. He restored my trust, and even worked on my car himself along with the Tech to make sure the job was done right. You have to admit, for a manager to take the time (while in slacks and a tie) to get into the trenches with the tech's and ensure the job is done the right way is pretty damn impressive. I'm sold.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 AM
-=2005 TL=-

I HIGHLY recommend Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim Hills and especially service advisor Danny. He is awesome, always hooks you up with a loaner car regardless of how frivilous the job is. Very quick and Customer Service oriented. He's the guy that took care of my 07 Switchblade key cut and program for $45 and includes a wash. Tell him Eugene sent you and he will be extra greatful for visiting him.

I ALSO HIGHLY recommend DCH Tustin Acura and the Service Advisor George. They too are very professional and quality techs. Don't quote me but when my car wouldn't start when I went to pick up my car because the battery was drained for some reason, without a question, "We're gonna change out the batter with a new one under warranty" when I've got 49,000miles on it. Great service as well. Make sure you ask for George and tell him Eugene said he received excellent service from you. These are my 2 favorite dealers as far as service goes.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:05 AM
Racer

Acura of Glendale, Los Angeles

Just wanted to get an update of which SOCAL dealership you will recommend to get some services done.

Specifically, I am planning to get A12 service done in Acura of Glendale. Has anyone brought their car for service here?

PS:
1. I know about Honcura, but since price wise it's not that much different, I'd rather go to a dealership.
2. Please don't suggest to DIY.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:17 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by handy911
Just wanted to get an update of which SOCAL dealership you will recommend to get some services done.

Specifically, I am planning to get A12 service done in Acura of Glendale. Has anyone brought their car for service here?

PS:
1. I know about Honcura, but since price wise it's not that much different, I'd rather go to a dealership.
2. Please don't suggest to DIY.
Are you close to Glendale, or are you closer to Orange County? Read this: https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/dvd-screen-resolution-02-tls-182145/

Planet Acura, Buena Park, FTW!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:38 AM
2011 BMW 335i

If you want to really head south, Go to Ball Acura in National City, CA. They do good job there. DO NOT go to Kearny Mesa Acura....H O R R I B L E service! They broke my switchblade key, they made me a new one but I had to argue with the service manager, then I emailed her asking her for a service discount and I never heard back.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
+1 on Weir Canyon. very professional
Old 08-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Addicted to Speed

CNC Motorsports, Ontario Ca
Old 08-14-2008, 01:31 PM
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS

Glendale always treats me right. They set me up with a loaner vehicle every time. I recently took in my car for 75k service and they just inspected it and didn't charge a dime since I already did my oil change and rotations myself. Ask for Manny. He's the bomb! Tell him the green TL sent you! haha.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:35 PM
2007 TL TYPE S ASM

Acura of the Desert in Cathedral City has a great service dept. Jack, Fred and Mike are really helpful and alway give me the coupon discounts. They have replaced the rear bumper on my wife's new MDX since there was a scrape on it when we purchased it, they have mounted A-spec wheels on my tires of choice and soon I will have an A-spec suspension installed by them.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SLAKERZ
Glendale always treats me right. They set me up with a loaner vehicle every time. I recently took in my car for 75k service and they just inspected it and didn't charge a dime since I already did my oil change and rotations myself. Ask for Manny. He's the bomb! Tell him the green TL sent you! haha.
Thanks...I see some people also recommend Wahn Dee there at Glendale..
not sure if he's still there..but sure I'll look for Manny..

Thanks for the other replies too, but they are pretty far from West LA, where I live....but interesting to know so many Acura dealerships in the greater SO CAL.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:58 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by topckret
I HIGHLY recommend Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim Hills and especially service advisor Danny. He is awesome, always hooks you up with a loaner car regardless of how frivilous the job is. Very quick and Customer Service oriented. He's the guy that took care of my 07 Switchblade key cut and program for $45 and includes a wash. Tell him Eugene sent you and he will be extra greatful for visiting him.

I ALSO HIGHLY recommend DCH Tustin Acura and the Service Advisor George. They too are very professional and quality techs. Don't quote me but when my car wouldn't start when I went to pick up my car because the battery was drained for some reason, without a question, "We're gonna change out the batter with a new one under warranty" when I've got 49,000miles on it. Great service as well. Make sure you ask for George and tell him Eugene said he received excellent service from you. These are my 2 favorite dealers as far as service goes.
Hey...I had to throw in something about Weir Canyon Acura...I own a NSX and a TL and will not go anywhere else but Weir Canyon Acura. I get great service each and everytime I have been there... I highly recommend them.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 180 Posts
How about the Power Steering Hose recall? Is Hoehn any good for that? I work 2 miles from Hoehn or it's a 20? mile drive to Escondido where I bought the car- Escondido was good for the one issue I had 2 years ago. I bought my car from Escondido mostly because I didn't like Hoehn's sales attitude at the time.

Has anyone had Hoehn do the hose recall with a car they did not purchase from Hoehn? I saw those horror stories from ChickenPluck and had some concerns until I saw this was back in 2007- perhaps things have changed. Thanks a bunch!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by topckret

+2 for Weir Canyon Acura. I don't trust any where else.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:53 AM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've done nothing but PLANET ACURA in Downey (and now, Buena Park). No complaints. I always get discounts, good advice, clean car washes and Matt, (owner's son) is a fellow enthusiast with a fully tricked out and sponsored supercharged NSX. we always brag to each other about "what's new on our rides this time?" Only downside is they never seem to have loaners...but at least they shuttle my ass home and can pick me up when they're done!

Quick Reply: Acura Service Department-Any Recommended in So.Cal?