AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Acura Client Services Continues With Their "Our Shit Doesn't Stink" Attitude (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/acura-client-services-continues-their-our-shit-doesnt-stink-attitude-980165/)

DMZ 06-11-2019 01:01 PM

Acura Client Services Continues With Their "Our Shit Doesn't Stink" Attitude

I have the cracking Dash issue, so I called ACS to see what they'd do. Was connected to Anthony who resolves these type of issues. He told me to go to an Acura dealer and get a quote on how much it would cost to replace the dash panel. Got a quote from Open Road Acura in Wayne, NJ for....are you ready for this: $3117 incl tax! Had to call him back several times before he returned my call. Today he did and handed me he hadn't been able to get in touch with a counterpart of his who can make a decision and he'd get back to me again by Next Monday (5 days from now). It took him only an hour to get back to me again. He essentially told me to go screw myself (not in those words of course) and that he called the dealer and the dealer said they'd only give me a whopping $150 off the $3,117. I immediately called that a slap in the face, and that I naturally couldn't expect them to cover the whole cost of the repair. So I offered Acura the opportunity to chip in for a Coverlay dash cover, $211 direct from them and $165 through RockAuto. He said he couldn't cover anything that wasn't an Acura supplied part.

I also let him know that it's in the public opinion that Acura thinks their shit doesn't stink these days and the competition out there is a lot more intense these days than it was 15 years ago.

Since the call was recorded, he played nice and told me to have a nice day. I told him that this decision would likely have a severely detrimental effect on my deciding to purchase another Acura down the road.

So there you have it folks, another chapter in the annals of Acura these days. :yuck:

TheSauceBoss 06-11-2019 01:38 PM

That is insane. Especially considering you could probably find a whole parts car for that price. And the parts car might even have an intact dash! lol.

That sucks man - it's pretty obvious they don't give a shit about these cars (or the owners of these cars) anymore. Maybe they're too busy filing claims on RDX transmissions...

truonghthe 06-11-2019 02:32 PM

well this is not the 1st time time, I am glad you share the experience as you ARE the original owner who bought the car new.

Meanwhile Lexus is voluntarily recall melt dash and door panels (yes people received a whole new interior) for free, and yes even the 07 model got cover under this recall as well.

horseshoez 06-11-2019 02:40 PM

This thread made me curious, so I looked up a new dashboard (assuming it is 77120-SEP-A03ZA); would you believe $1,043.25? Yikes!

oraclem20 06-11-2019 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by horseshoez (Post 16438325)
This thread made me curious, so I looked up a new dashboard (assuming it is 77120-SEP-A03ZA); would you believe $1,043.25? Yikes!

Yup I think it'll be coverlay city in the Acuras still on the road, doesn't make sense to run a dash so terrible. Just busted my first crack a few weeks ago, bought a dash designs (terrible, don't do it, sitting in my backyard if anyone wants one, current complaint in to BBB for false advertising of having their dash cover not impede sound, it lays 1/4" foam over tweeters and a 4" center speaker and sounds terrible). Won't even let me return it because they claim it doesn't impede sound (go put your phone inside a towel and tell me it doesn't impede sound). BBB having a day with this one, will need a better option like coverlay here soon for the Arizona heat. Already past 100* daily here and no covered parking at work available to me.

If they offered a dash replacement for $1200, I think many would bite, but this is simply ridiculous.

truonghthe 06-11-2019 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by horseshoez (Post 16438325)

several years back i remember the dash used to be around $700.

Jackass 06-11-2019 06:23 PM

1.) It's a 15 year old car, why would they want to eat the costs at this point?
2.) Have you been a long term customer of the dealer you visited?
- is all of your maintenance being done at the dealer or elsewhere?

As much as it sucks that the dash cracks out.....it isn't like this is a 5 year old car...or even a 10 year old car at this point in time.

I know in my personal case, I have used the same dealer for 10 years....but.....I haven't really established a relationship with them. I do get all of my oil changes there, but those are free. I didn't do my 105k service there. I don't buy my tires there. I handle most of my own basic maintenance and repairs on my own. I think overall, this dealer has probably gotten less than $1500 of work off of me over the 10+ years I have owned my car. The service dept would have very little motivation to eat any costs to accommodate my cracked dash at this point.

gatrhumpy 06-11-2019 08:39 PM

Sorry that you had that experience, but, come on, you have a 15yr old car. You had to know Acura was not going to do jack shit.

My dash has cracked, and if I can find a decent dash on e-bay, I'm pulling the trigger on it and I'll replace it myself.

Slpr04UA6 06-11-2019 09:38 PM

^How’s the coverlay holding up?

OP- I had the same experience, with Acura client services. They said “they’re are no other complaints from acura owners of this problem!”. “We have no open tickets regarding this situation.” Absolutely stupid, I don’t think they should pay the entire amount, well, I know it’s 15yrs old, but with 86K on it and mostly garage kept, and sunshade used. It’s frustrating!

DMZ 06-12-2019 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy (Post 16438509)
Sorry that you had that experience, but, come on, you have a 15yr old car. You had to know Acura was not going to do jack shit.

I said I didn't expect them to cover the whole cost, but only $150 out of $3117? Sorry, I've got a problem with that.

thoiboi 06-12-2019 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by DMZ (Post 16438639)
I said I didn't expect them to cover the whole cost, but only $150 out of $3117? Sorry, I've got a problem with that.

I mean you're welcome to have a problem with it, just don't expect anything from ACS :shrug:

losiglow 06-12-2019 12:41 PM

I'm surprised they're still covering the 3.7L oil consumption issues with the 4G TL and 2G MDX. But covering a dash from a vehicle that old - I don't think you'd see any auto manufacturer do that.

04WDPSeDaN 06-12-2019 12:42 PM

Back 7 years ago I went down this path with Ramsey Acura. Keep in mind, even though I was a certified technician for Acura for many years, I still got the crap end of the deal. They offered me 30/70 goodwill. They paid 30%, I paid the 70%. The service advisor was a friend of mine. He was able to knock off another $300 off the price. I ended up paying a bit more than 1,000.00. I called Corporate and they played fucking stupid with me by saying "WE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE" meanwhile the dealership I had worked for did a few dashboard replacements under full good will. The dealership I worked for weren't going to offer me anything other than my cost for a new dashboard which was about $720 at the time. Acura isn't the company they once were. If I was you, call Ramsey Acura and see if they are willing to work with you.

DMZ 06-12-2019 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN (Post 16438815)
Back 7 years ago I went down this path with Ramsey Acura. Keep in mind, even though I was a certified technician for Acura for many years, I still got the crap end of the deal. They offered me 30/70 goodwill. They paid 30%, I paid the 70%. The service advisor was a friend of mine. He was able to knock off another $300 off the price. I ended up paying a bit more than 1,000.00. I called Corporate and they played fucking stupid with me by saying "WE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE" meanwhile the dealership I had worked for did a few dashboard replacements under full good will. The dealership I worked for weren't going to offer me anything other than my cost for a new dashboard which was about $720 at the time. Acura isn't the company they once were. If I was you, call Ramsey Acura and see if they are willing to work with you.

I will never deal with Ramsey Acura again. Back in the day, they fucked up every diagnosis they made with this car. A rattle in the rear panel that they tried to fix wound up having to be replaced at Acura of Manhattan, who told me point blank that Ramsey "Had No Excuse Not to Fix This The Right Way". That was just one example of many. So fuck Ramsey and fuck their Service & Parts manager, Ron Cohen (if he's still there, or even if he's not) who was a classic asshole and obnoxious piece of shit!

I put Ramsey in the same toilet bowl as Brooklyn Acura, the lowest rated Acura dealer in the country.

gatrhumpy 06-12-2019 09:41 PM

Tell us how you really feel!

DMZ 06-13-2019 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy (Post 16439155)
Tell us how you really feel!

Felt actually. It went something like this:
"I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE"

04WDPSeDaN 06-13-2019 06:39 AM

I agree with you, since they replaced my dashboard i've made a few attempts to fix a some rattles. It doesn't bother me as much anymore since I don't use my TL as a daily. I tend to forget about it.. I didn't want to take it back to them to have them "fix" it. I was pretty pissed they took my TL out for a nice joy ride. Putting 45 miles on my car... That's more miles than I do in about 5-6 months. Either way, I know for sure the new dashboard will eventually crack and when I go down this path one more time, I'll end up pulling it apart myself and looking at what they possibility left loose in the dash.

Acura TL Builder 06-13-2019 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN (Post 16439232)
I agree with you, since they replaced my dashboard i've made a few attempts to fix a some rattles. It doesn't bother me as much anymore since I don't use my TL as a daily. I tend to forget about it.. I didn't want to take it back to them to have them "fix" it. I was pretty pissed they took my TL out for a nice joy ride. Putting 45 miles on my car... That's more miles than I do in about 5-6 months. Either way, I know for sure the new dashboard will eventually crack and when I go down this path one more time, I'll end up pulling it apart myself and looking at what they possibility left loose in the dash.

Precisely why I don’t let anyone have the keys to my cars unless It’s absolutely necessary. The tech looks at it as a job, we look at it as a labor
of love.

Pressed for profit, they will overlook minor details.

DMZ 06-13-2019 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN (Post 16439232)

If they put 45 miles on my car, I'd make the biggest media stink, then the next call they got would have been my lawyer. :rant:

Superunknown 06-13-2019 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by losiglow (Post 16438813)
I'm surprised they're still covering the 3.7L oil consumption issues with the 4G TL and 2G MDX. But covering a dash from a vehicle that old - I don't think you'd see any auto manufacturer do that.

Well, not now. They successfully ducked a recall (or even issuing any TSBs as far as I'm aware) for 15 years, now everyone can go fuck themselves.