Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A12 Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 07:42 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A12 Service

Ah yes, yet another service, but this time the MID is showing A12, which according to the manual is the usual oil + filter change, tire rotation, but now also includes the air filter and dust/pollen filter change.

I've been quoted a ridiculous 107.95 for the A1 (this price went up since the last time I was there...), and 179.95 for the "2" part...

And to add "insult" to monetary injury, they said that they will not be offering discounts unless I physically show up with a coupon. Service Advisor: "We'll get fired if we offer these discounts without collecting a coupon" I don't know if this is BS... Most likely is.

The quote above was from Autowest Acura of Stevens Creek (in San Jose)... Anyone have a coupon or know of where I can get one to lower these costs?

(Yes I know I can do the oil change myself but I don't really have the tools, facility, etc.)

At the very least, I'm going to make them look at several other things that's not right and that'll be covered under warranty. Killing 2 birds with one very expensive stone, I guess.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:13 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Originally Posted by TLTrance
Ah yes, yet another service, but this time the MID is showing A12, which according to the manual is the usual oil + filter change, tire rotation, but now also includes the air filter and dust/pollen filter change.

I've been quoted a ridiculous 107.95 for the A1 (this price went up since the last time I was there...), and 179.95 for the "2" part...

And to add "insult" to monetary injury, they said that they will not be offering discounts unless I physically show up with a coupon. Service Advisor: "We'll get fired if we offer these discounts without collecting a coupon" I don't know if this is BS... Most likely is.

The quote above was from Autowest Acura of Stevens Creek (in San Jose)... Anyone have a coupon or know of where I can get one to lower these costs?

(Yes I know I can do the oil change myself but I don't really have the tools, facility, etc.)

At the very least, I'm going to make them look at several other things that's not right and that'll be covered under warranty. Killing 2 birds with one very expensive stone, I guess.

AutoWest needs the coupon in person in order to honor it. That is AutoWest's policy not the service manager, the advisor's, or even the cashier's. The reason why is that there is too much money being lost on giving out discounts to people who didn't have a coupon. They want to see how many people the coupons they print out are actually coming back to them.

Why not just call other dealerships and see what their price is? Either that or learn to do it yourself which isn't too hard. You won't need much; a ramp to get the car in the air a 17mm wrench or socket with ratchet, a filter wrench and a pan to drain the used oil in.