AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   2006 Acura TL paint colors (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/2006-acura-tl-paint-colors-980176/)

dolbyatmos 06-11-2019 09:07 PM

2006 Acura TL paint colors

Hey guys, I’m currently in the process of painting my TL and wanted some input to the paint color of my wheels. I am painting the whole car matte white with matte black trim pieces. My tail light are also blacked out but matte. I was wondering what color I should paint my rims and if I should go matte or glossed. Please tell me your thoughts. I am adding trim pieces that are carbon fiber as well.

justnspace 06-11-2019 09:15 PM

orange...

who cares what we think as we might not like your color choice of matte white to begin with. :shrug:
You should modify your car for you. You are the one that is going to look at it every day.

dolbyatmos 06-11-2019 10:08 PM

“orange...

who cares what we think as we might not like your color choice of matte white to begin with. :shrug:
You should modify your car for you. You are the one that is going to look at it every day.”

The car is the pearl color as of now. I understand what you’re saying. Would it be weird to have another color on the car that’s not matte is basically what I’m asking. I love JDM but I don’t want to look like a ricer. I’m going more for that sleeper look. I’ve seen TL’s that end up having the stage presence of a ricer Honda Civic. The exhaust sounds pretty good right now, there are no nulls. I have huge plans for this car but when I’m done in the end I want street cred if you feel.

thoiboi 06-11-2019 11:21 PM

Pink.

DTvn 06-11-2019 11:57 PM

You can practically put any color wheel on a white car and it'll look good though i'm personally not a fan of white on white. I like gold

As far as rice goes.. blacked out tail lights = instant rice

1killercls 06-12-2019 05:41 AM

Newbs...can't find the forum for this car. :facepalm:

NSXNEXT 06-12-2019 06:44 AM

Thread moved to appropriate forum.

justnspace 06-12-2019 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by dolbyatmos (Post 16438555)
“orange...

You should modify your car for you. You are the one that is going to look at it every day.”

The car is the pearl color as of now. I understand what you’re saying. Would it be weird to have another color on the car that’s not matte is basically what I’m asking. I love JDM but I don’t want to look like a ricer. I’m going more for that sleeper look. I’ve seen TL’s that end up having the stage presence of a ricer Honda Civic. The exhaust sounds pretty good right now, there are no nulls. I have huge plans for this car but when I’m done in the end I want street cred if you feel.

who cares about street cred?
obviously you...

but in the grand scheme of things, you can change the color of the wheels daily, weekly, monthly, yearly...if you choose.
and that's the key word.. You have to choose the color.

there's only so many colors in the rainbow, and I can guarantee you it's all been done before...
choose a color. ROY G BIV
What color do you want to paint your wheels?