Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > AcuraZine TL/TLX Community > Third Generation TL (2004-2008)
Reload this Page >

A-110(a): DIY Guide to replacing 3rd & 4th gear pressure switch for 3G TL (2004-2006)

Notices
Third Generation TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-110(a): DIY Guide to replacing 3rd & 4th gear pressure switch for 3G TL (2004-2006)

 
Old 12-13-2010, 09:36 PM
  #161  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 20,172
Received 1,778 Likes on 1,259 Posts
Originally Posted by jdm_94-07TypeS View Post
My 07 TL-S has 103K.The tranny is OK but really I don't know what transmission fluid has in it. What fluid guys can recommend me for a tranny with high mileage?
You've gotten the exact same answers in several of your threads.
I hate cars is offline  
Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 AM
  #162  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered mine today and will put them in this weekend along with the filter and the 3rd 3x3 flush. Im at 60k and have not had any tranny trouble and would like to keep it that way. After reading the racing fluid threads I think I will try that at the next flush, but for now, I will stick with Dexron b/c I've already done 2x3 with it.

A big thanks to IHC and OP for doing the leg work on these switches. Posts like these make an amateur like me look like a pro doing the work.
The-Chemist is offline  
Old 12-19-2010, 08:03 AM
  #163  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The-Chemist View Post
Ordered mine today and will put them in this weekend along with the filter and the 3rd 3x3 flush. Im at 60k and have not had any tranny trouble and would like to keep it that way. After reading the racing fluid threads I think I will try that at the next flush, but for now, I will stick with Dexron b/c I've already done 2x3 with it.

A big thanks to IHC and OP for doing the leg work on these switches. Posts like these make an amateur like me look like a pro doing the work.
As a followup, I changed these out yesterday along with the tranny filter and 3rd 3x3. the shift quality from 3rd to 2nd has improved a lot. the rest of the gears is a slight improvement but an improvement none the less. I would do this $70 preventative any day of the week to help the longevity of a 4k transmission.
The-Chemist is offline  
Old 12-22-2010, 12:20 PM
  #164  
Registered Member
 
smokyadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Palm Harbor, Florida
Age: 48
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got antsy and had a local mechanic do a 3x3 with 2 qt Redline Racing 1qt light racing and change the 3rd and 4th pressure switches. I have only limited time driving it since, but I can instantly tell a difference when going from Park to Drive- The shifts are much quicker but like has been said before- not harsh- I look forward to driving more and will report on findings. I have owned my TL for about 3 weeks and was disappointed with the trans performance right off- I did have Acura do a full 3x3 Z1 before I Joined about 15 days ago. I did not have issues just some lazy shifts at times. Thanks to IHC and Inaccurate and others for doing the leg work on this issue.
smokyadam is offline  
Old 12-25-2010, 11:22 AM
  #165  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 134
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I plan on doing the sensor switches and Redline Racing ATF changes sometime soon. I plan to do the 3X3 ATF change but over a week or two, so that I'm sure to drive through all the gears (I don't drive all that much honestly). Maybe this is a silly question, but does it matter if I do the sensor switches change before/during/after the ATF fluid changes?
DUHockey9 is offline  
Old 12-25-2010, 12:39 PM
  #166  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 158
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone know if this would work for the 2nd gen TL's?
duffduffxx is offline  
Old 12-25-2010, 12:42 PM
  #167  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 20,172
Received 1,778 Likes on 1,259 Posts
Originally Posted by duffduffxx View Post
Does anyone know if this would work for the 2nd gen TL's?
Yes. I can't remeber the thread title but you can do a search of my username where I reviewed it.

I did a '99 that was on it's way to the junkyard. It had the worst flare I've ever seen between 2-3 and 3-4. I was worried it would not be fixable. Between the Type F fluid and the switches it shifts better than new. Unbelievable. There are many more details in my other post.
I hate cars is offline  
Old 12-25-2010, 12:46 PM
  #168  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 158
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars View Post
Yes. I can't remeber the thread title but you can do a search of my username where I reviewed it.

I did a '99 that was on it's way to the junkyard. It had the worst flare I've ever seen between 2-3 and 3-4. I was worried it would not be fixable. Between the Type F fluid and the switches it shifts better than new. Unbelievable. There are many more details in my other post.
Thanks! I have to admit, the info "other thread" was on the page right before! Thank you so much!
duffduffxx is offline  
Old 12-26-2010, 01:26 PM
  #169  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lemoore, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 197
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just did this today, and the install wasn't bad at all. I can attest to the fact that there is a noticeable difference in shifting in my 90k miles TL. Unfortunately I can't test it to the max because of the snow we are having in the tri-state area. :-(
SQAcuraTL04 is offline  
Old 12-26-2010, 05:08 PM
  #170  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 134
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I plan on doing the sensor switches and Redline Racing ATF changes sometime soon. I plan to do the 3X3 ATF change but over a week or two, so that I'm sure to drive through all the gears (I don't drive all that much honestly). Maybe this is a silly question, but does it matter if I do the sensor switches change before/during/after the ATF fluid changes?
Could anyone answer the bolded for me? Thanks in advance.
DUHockey9 is offline  
Old 12-26-2010, 10:00 PM
  #171  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 465
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
No it doesn't matter the order. Mine were changed between drain and fills.
sddale is offline  
Old 01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
  #172  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NY
Age: 32
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Materials needed:
x1 3rd Gear Pressure Switch (28600-P7Z-003)
x1 4th Gear Pressure Switch (28600-P7W-003)
x2 sealing gasket (90471-PW7-A00)
x1 brake cleaner (to wash away residual AT fluid)

Just to clarify. According to the above which was taken from the OP, is that all I need to do the pressure switch correctly? What about second, fifth, and reverse gears?
04TLVTEC is offline  
Old 01-12-2011, 02:51 PM
  #173  
Registered Member
 
dynodog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmmm.... I've been doing some research and came across something interesting with regards to the pressure sensors on the 07-08 transmissions.

In post #16 of this thread, Majofo posted some great diagrams and pointed out for us that the 07-08's have two 3rd clutch sensors.

Based on what I am seeing in the s/m, though, it appears that instead of there being two 3rd clutch sensors, one of those is actually the 2nd clutch sensor. This is the one located at the upper rear (and pointing aft) of the trans.

The pg 14-244 of the 08 s/m even has the procedure that is entitled:

2nd Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch Replacement

I realize that this doesn't change much with regards to the benefits of replacing these little buggers, but I hoped that it might be useful to know that one of was actually for the 2nd clutch.
dynodog is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 02:03 AM
  #174  
Moderator
iTrader: (7)
 
paperboy42190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alhambra, CA
Age: 29
Posts: 6,990
Received 1,149 Likes on 838 Posts
i just got an 07 tl-s. i dont notice anything wrong with the tranny, all the shifts are just fine, should i do this pressure switch just as a precaution?

Originally Posted by 04TLVTEC View Post
Just to clarify. According to the above which was taken from the OP, is that all I need to do the pressure switch correctly? What about second, fifth, and reverse gears?
+1
paperboy42190 is offline  
Old 02-18-2011, 08:16 PM
  #175  
Senior Moderator
 
Bearcat94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: N3503'16.75", W 08051'0.9"
Posts: 25,317
Received 3,338 Likes on 2,019 Posts
Originally Posted by paperboy42190 View Post
i just got an 07 tl-s. i dont notice anything wrong with the tranny, all the shifts are just fine, should i do this pressure switch just as a precaution?



+1
Thats the idea.

I've got a maint interval coming up (20% as of today) and plan to do mine. Mileage will be ~50,000 miles.
Bearcat94 is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 01:42 PM
  #176  
Registered Member
 
samplemonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 38
Posts: 206
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took it to my local bodyshop, the mechanic did not know what to make of the pictures, and I couldn't either. I honestly can't or have the means to change the oil so I am a complete undeveloped in terms of knowing cars. Would someone in LA area help me out with this if you have a jack? I will try to cover for your time. Send me a pm, thanks.

Also, when I do figure it out, I'll make a completely idiot free guide with pictures step by step (zoomed out to zoomed in) on how to do this so others who are also new at this can benefit.
samplemonster is offline  
Old 02-27-2011, 02:13 PM
  #177  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 134
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm currently in the middle of my 3X3 and I was looking around while I was under there for the pressure switches (as I will be doing them very soon). I had a hard time finding them though. Could somebody be so kind as to tell me where they are in relation to, let's say the drain bolt for the ATF, or perhaps oil? For the sake of argument, let's say while facing the front bumper.

Thanks in advance.
DUHockey9 is offline  
Old 02-27-2011, 03:29 PM
  #178  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 20,172
Received 1,778 Likes on 1,259 Posts
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I'm currently in the middle of my 3X3 and I was looking around while I was under there for the pressure switches (as I will be doing them very soon). I had a hard time finding them though. Could somebody be so kind as to tell me where they are in relation to, let's say the drain bolt for the ATF, or perhaps oil? For the sake of argument, let's say while facing the front bumper.

Thanks in advance.
Side of the trans facing the driver's wheel well. You don't have to jack it up or remove the tire. Just turn it all the way to the left and the switches are exposed in the wheel well. One of them is under a plastic cover. It's actually the rear of the trans but since it's turned sideways I call it the side.
I hate cars is offline  
Old 02-27-2011, 06:26 PM
  #179  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 134
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars View Post
Side of the trans facing the driver's wheel well. You don't have to jack it up or remove the tire. Just turn it all the way to the left and the switches are exposed in the wheel well. One of them is under a plastic cover. It's actually the rear of the trans but since it's turned sideways I call it the side.
Awesome, thanks a lot ihc!
DUHockey9 is offline  
Old 02-28-2011, 09:58 PM
  #180  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 40
Posts: 29
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who has the best price for the switches?
Shinoda is offline  
Old 03-13-2011, 05:09 PM
  #181  
Moderator
iTrader: (7)
 
paperboy42190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alhambra, CA
Age: 29
Posts: 6,990
Received 1,149 Likes on 838 Posts
just read through every post on this thread. no one has done it on 07-08 TL yet -_-

i just want to know how much more work it is to do it on my 07 tl-s because i think there was a post about how its blocked by some stuff that i gotta remove.
paperboy42190 is offline  
Old 03-13-2011, 11:51 PM
  #182  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 42
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crap, changed the switches today but forgot the gaskets in my hurry to finish the job before the rain. Now i need to redo them. Ugghhh. Is it safe to drive that way?
binTL is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:25 AM
  #183  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 20,172
Received 1,778 Likes on 1,259 Posts
Originally Posted by binTL View Post
Crap, changed the switches today but forgot the gaskets in my hurry to finish the job before the rain. Now i need to redo them. Ugghhh. Is it safe to drive that way?
No gaskets at all or you reused the old ones? Reusing the old ones is fine. No gasket will leak over time.
I hate cars is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:13 PM
  #184  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 42
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No gaskets. Overlooked it when i installed the new switches. Anyways, I am driving it for my commute today but will redo them tonight with new gaskets. Hope the switches are not damaged.
binTL is offline  
Old 03-28-2011, 02:37 PM
  #185  
Registered Member
iTrader: (7)
 
vietxquangstah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DALLAS TX
Posts: 3,809
Received 761 Likes on 550 Posts
i've read through this whole thread and saw majofos post about the 2007-2008 TL's having 1 extra switch.

unfortunately the pictures he posted are expired so i can't see the part number.

can someone verify the 3rd and 4th gear pressure switches PART # for a 2008 BASE TL for me?

i'm assuming the gaskets should be same as the ones mentioned in the first post.
vietxquangstah is offline  
Old 03-28-2011, 07:18 PM
  #186  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 36
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
To all who is interested in the complexity of the 07-08 models, I would say that this DIY does not apply. All sensors are in totally different locations

1 sensor is underneath the motor mount bracket as previously stated. You'll have to remove the stock intake airbox to access it.

1 sensor is underneath the throttle body. It sits on top of the tranny on the back side. The connector points towards the firewall. Access is very tight, at least for me. If you have child hands, this should be a walk in the park..lol I broke the sensor upon removal, so be careful!

The last sensor is on the bottom of the tranny. If you can find the VIN# plate on the tranny, it is just above it. The connector to the sensor points to the driver's side wheel. Access to it is tricky, you have to enter from the side where the fender well splash guard. You have to use a long socket and 10" extension

I took pictures, so hopefully I'll be able to update and contribute to this thread.

It took me about 2.5 hrs to change all 3 sensors. I probably spent an hour of that, easy, just trying to locate the sensors because I do not have an FSM. I simply took my time to ensure I got good pictures and changed the correct sensors...

Now that I know what's involved, it should be an hour job.

I can't say I noticed any improvement, maybe slightly. Like most, I'm doing this as preventative maintenance. Redline Racing ATF is coming up this week

I'll follow up with pix as soon as I can. I'm having issues with my SD card, so hopefully the pictures are not corrupt.

Last edited by JDM RICe; 03-28-2011 at 07:27 PM.
JDM RICe is offline  
Old 03-29-2011, 02:13 PM
  #187  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 36
Posts: 353
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM RICe View Post
To all who is interested in the complexity of the 07-08 models, I would say that this DIY does not apply. All sensors are in totally different locations

1 sensor is underneath the motor mount bracket as previously stated. You'll have to remove the stock intake airbox to access it.

1 sensor is underneath the throttle body. It sits on top of the tranny on the back side. The connector points towards the firewall. Access is very tight, at least for me. If you have child hands, this should be a walk in the park..lol I broke the sensor upon removal, so be careful!

The last sensor is on the bottom of the tranny. If you can find the VIN# plate on the tranny, it is just above it. The connector to the sensor points to the driver's side wheel. Access to it is tricky, you have to enter from the side where the fender well splash guard. You have to use a long socket and 10" extension

I took pictures, so hopefully I'll be able to update and contribute to this thread.

It took me about 2.5 hrs to change all 3 sensors. I probably spent an hour of that, easy, just trying to locate the sensors because I do not have an FSM. I simply took my time to ensure I got good pictures and changed the correct sensors...

Now that I know what's involved, it should be an hour job.

I can't say I noticed any improvement, maybe slightly. Like most, I'm doing this as preventative maintenance. Redline Racing ATF is coming up this week

I'll follow up with pix as soon as I can. I'm having issues with my SD card, so hopefully the pictures are not corrupt.
cool cant wait, provide all 3 switch part numbers if you have it. also the tranny filter part number...

Last edited by dc5k20z1; 03-29-2011 at 02:16 PM.
dc5k20z1 is offline  
Old 03-29-2011, 02:19 PM
  #188  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
~Lefty~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Age: 29
Posts: 211
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Plus 1^ If somebody wouldn't mind to post up part number's I'd like to do this on my TL-S.
~Lefty~ is offline  
Old 03-29-2011, 02:25 PM
  #189  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 36
Posts: 353
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
hmmm i think this will help confirm for some on 07-08 TL Base 5AT

#13 and #14, notice #13 is used twice and #14 is used once
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no

Filter, #1
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no
dc5k20z1 is offline  
Old 03-29-2011, 03:08 PM
  #190  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 36
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dc5k20z1 View Post
hmmm i think this will help confirm for some on 07-08 TL Base 5AT

#13 and #14, notice #13 is used twice and #14 is used once
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=TL&catcgry2=2 008&catcgry3=4DR+BASE+(NAVIGATION)&catcgry5=AT%2BS ENSOR%2B-%2BSOLENOID&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no
that diagram confirms my install
JDM RICe is offline  
Old 03-29-2011, 06:42 PM
  #191  
Registered Member
 
Jesstzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trail BC CanaDUH
Age: 74
Posts: 7,424
Received 292 Likes on 252 Posts
In another thread someone said you can clean those 2 switches.

Has anyone done this .. and with success?

Do the switches fail because the get clogged with crap or is it another reason?
Jesstzn is offline  
Old 03-29-2011, 07:00 PM
  #192  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 20,172
Received 1,778 Likes on 1,259 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn View Post
In another thread someone said you can clean those 2 switches.

Has anyone done this .. and with success?

Do the switches fail because the get clogged with crap or is it another reason?
The 2nd gen guys thought this but that's not the case. The diaphragm hardens over time and throws the calibration out of whack.
I hate cars is offline  
Old 03-29-2011, 07:23 PM
  #193  
Registered Member
 
Jesstzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trail BC CanaDUH
Age: 74
Posts: 7,424
Received 292 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars View Post
The 2nd gen guys thought this but that's not the case. The diaphragm hardens over time and throws the calibration out of whack.
Could you look at this link .. it shows item 12 & 13 as different part numbers for the switches ..

TYIA
Jesstzn is offline  
Old 04-02-2011, 01:28 PM
  #194  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 134
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I just replaced my 3rd and 4th gear switches and it was super easy. The hardest part for me was 1) locating the shroud covering the 3rd gear (I was expecting some large plastic covering, like in the wheel well or something) and 2)unplugging the one cable

I decided to take a few pictures for everyone. I know I had a little bit of trouble following some of the other pictures.

06 TL.

I jacked my car up and removed the wheel just because I could, and I thought I'd make it easy on myself. I thought I'd take a wide shot so everyone could see where these switches are in relation to the wheel well. I know it took me some time to locate it because I'm a noob and had NO IDEA what I was looking for. Also when I read about needing to remove a "shroud" i was picturing something bigger like in the wheel well, or perhaps like the plastic covering you have to remove to drain the ATF. I also removed part of the plastic in the wheel well for some extra room. It's not necessary but only required 1 clip.

Here you can see the plastic piece I moved out of the way, and the general location of the 3rd and 4th switch. The 4th switch is just out in the open. The 3rd is covered in a hard plastic covering (the "shroud").


Here is a closer view, from within the wheel well. Again you can see the 4th switch and the 3rd, with the 3rd being covered in the shroud. I've also noted the 2 bolts and the cable you will need to unplug in order to swing the shroud out of the way.


Closer view of the 3rd switch and the shroud. You can see the 2 bolts I removed, and the cable that needs to be unplugged. This was the hardest/most annoying part for me. There is a button to hit to pull the top half up and off. I used a small flathead to help me pry it up as I pushed the button. Then there is a slot in the bottom of the plug that I stuck the flathead in and pushed in (towards the back of the car), in order to pull the bottom part of the plug off of the metal clip. Once the cable is unplugged, and the 2 bolts removed, the shroud will swing away revealing the 3rd switch.


There is a plug going into each switch that you have to remove. Here you can see the shroud swung away revealing the 3rd switch. The plug is still attached to the 3rd switch. You can also see the 4th switch where I have already removed the plug.


At this point it's a piece of cake. Remove plugs. Loosen switches with a wrench. Remove by hand. Have the new switches ready to minimize ATF leakage. Tighten by hand, and then a bit more with the wrench.
DUHockey9 is offline  
The following 5 users liked this post by DUHockey9:
06/ASMer (02-10-2012), bentleyvtech (11-02-2012), cokorote (03-10-2012), joz00 (07-02-2015), nvasion (05-02-2012)
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 PM
  #195  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 36
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
**I couldn't edit my original post, so I'm C/P and updating the post with pictures**

To all who is interested in the complexity of the 07-08 models, I would say that this DIY does not apply. All sensors are in totally different locations

Ok here goes....

1 of the sensors is underneath the motor mount bracket as previously stated. You'll have to remove the stock intake airbox to access it.





Another sensor is underneath the throttle body. It sits on top of the tranny on the back side. The connector points towards the firewall. Access is very tight, at least for me. If you have child hands, this should be a walk in the park..lol I broke the sensor upon removal, so be careful!


Another angle of it


The last sensor is on the bottom of the tranny. If you can find the VIN# plate on the tranny, it is just above it. The connector to the sensor points to the driver's side wheel. Access to it is tricky, you have to enter from the side where the fender well splash guard. You have to use a long socket and 10" extension




It took me about 2.5 hrs to change all 3 sensors. I probably spent an hour of that, easy, just trying to locate the sensors because I do not have an FSM. I simply took my time to ensure I got good pictures and changed the correct sensors...

Now that I know what's involved, it should be an hour job.

Good Luck
JDM RICe is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by JDM RICe:
joz00 (07-02-2015), stickwithjoe (04-09-2012)
Old 04-04-2011, 10:15 PM
  #196  
05 AM TL
 
kevinballer08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: La Palma, CA
Age: 29
Posts: 96
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great posts.
kevinballer08 is offline  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:37 PM
  #197  
under renovations....
iTrader: (2)
 
CubanLynx84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BX-YO
Age: 41
Posts: 1,473
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by dynodog View Post
Hmmmm.... I've been doing some research and came across something interesting with regards to the pressure sensors on the 07-08 transmissions.

In post #16 of this thread, Majofo posted some great diagrams and pointed out for us that the 07-08's have two 3rd clutch sensors.

Based on what I am seeing in the s/m, though, it appears that instead of there being two 3rd clutch sensors, one of those is actually the 2nd clutch sensor. This is the one located at the upper rear (and pointing aft) of the trans.

The pg 14-244 of the 08 s/m even has the procedure that is entitled:

2nd Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch Replacement

I realize that this doesn't change much with regards to the benefits of replacing these little buggers, but I hoped that it might be useful to know that one of was actually for the 2nd clutch.
Yeah I saw that in my s/m too. now I'm wondereing if I got the right parts or if the 3rd gear switch is the same for that 2nd gear one. And I know us 5AT got differences between the years but is there a difference between the base and the type-s, cause I have a type-s.
CubanLynx84 is offline  
Old 04-10-2011, 10:34 PM
  #198  
Registered Member
 
liono's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: brooklyn, ny
Age: 37
Posts: 86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another satisfied person. Changed the 3/4th switch today and made a world of a difference. I've grown so used to the sloppiness of the transmission that I was expecting it and it was completly gone after the change. Thanks OP for the writeup.
liono is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 PM
  #199  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Done. Damn that was easy, I am glad I found this post. I immediately noticed a difference, nice and smooth. Makes me wish even more that there was an AcuraZine mobile app.
Tango Lima is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 07:19 PM
  #200  
I fixed the glitch
 
Carlito Benito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Age: 32
Posts: 84
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I did it this weekend as well. I pulled out the DSLR and took some clearer, closer pics for those who might be wondering what to look for.

The harness you need to unbolt to get to 3rd gear switch. You can see the 4th gear clearly marked:
Name:  bb0839e5.jpg
Views: 1719
Size:  80.3 KB
Carlito Benito is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Undying Dreams (06-15-2012)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A-110(a): DIY Guide to replacing 3rd & 4th gear pressure switch for 3G TL (2004-2006)


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.