Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > AcuraZine TL/TLX Community > Third Generation TL (2004-2008)
Reload this Page >

A-110(b): DIY Guide to replacing 3rd & 4th gear pressure switch for 3G TL (2007-2008)

Notices
Third Generation TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-110(b): DIY Guide to replacing 3rd & 4th gear pressure switch for 3G TL (2007-2008)

 
Old 07-20-2016, 11:05 AM
  #241  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Age: 43
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2008 MDX versions of these switches?

I realize that this is not an MDX forum however the transmission is near identical I believe. Could anyone comment on the MDX versions of these switches? I'm trying to replace these and for some reason this info doesn't seem to have made its way onto the MDX forums even though we battle the same shi$$y shifting issues as the TL. I've had the software updates applied and done numerous trans fluid refill cycles with no joy. I'm trying to get some corroboration on the part numbers 28610-RAY-013 and 28600-RAY-003 being the right ones?
thesynic is offline  
Old 07-20-2016, 11:10 AM
  #242  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 37,643
Liked 5,791 Times in 4,643 Posts
Originally Posted by thesynic View Post
I realize that this is not an MDX forum however the transmission is near identical I believe. Could anyone comment on the MDX versions of these switches? I'm trying to replace these and for some reason this info doesn't seem to have made its way onto the MDX forums even though we battle the same shi$$y shifting issues as the TL. I've had the software updates applied and done numerous trans fluid refill cycles with no joy. I'm trying to get some corroboration on the part numbers 28610-RAY-013 and 28600-RAY-003 being the right ones?
Go to Acura Parts | OEM Acura Parts | Factory Acura Parts to cross reference to see if there are similar part numbers.
thoiboi is offline  
Old 07-20-2016, 11:38 AM
  #243  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Age: 43
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks. That's where I started but I was hoping I would find an Acura tech who trolls these forums and could confirm or at a minimum agree that these switches are often to blame for this horrible transmission performance. I know... BEAT IT
thesynic is offline  
Old 07-25-2016, 10:44 AM
  #244  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: San Jose
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sub as i will be doing this soon!!

Many thanks!
91vtec is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 05:50 PM
  #245  
Registered Member
 
mohsinkhan35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 62
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Question regarding switch under air intake.

I have started replacing these switches. I was able to replace the 3rd gear switch (by the driver side wheel) fairly quickly without any issue.

Second, I started working on the switch under the intake. It took me a while to locate it but it was hidden underneath a metal frame. I am having issues opening it up. I have a deep 7/8 socket, but there is a metal wire going across which makes it harder for me to plug in my ratchet into the socket.

What do you guys suggest? I have a 6" extension but there isn't a lot of room to work there. Is there anything else I can get out of the way to have easy access?

Hopefully I explained it correctly.
Attached Thumbnails A-110(b): DIY Guide to replacing 3rd & 4th gear pressure switch for 3G TL (2007-2008)-image1.jpg  
mohsinkhan35 is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 03:18 AM
  #246  
Registered Member
 
mohsinkhan35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 62
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I took some pictures of the 4th gear switch behind the transmission, under the strut bar . OP can include this in the original post for reference purposes.

I've done 2/3 switches. The one underneath air intake box will require some time. I found the one behind engine to be the easiest of them all, so if you want to start from there, you will gain some confidence changing the other ones out.

Attached Thumbnails A-110(b): DIY Guide to replacing 3rd & 4th gear pressure switch for 3G TL (2007-2008)-image3-%5B211998%5D.jpg  

Last edited by mohsinkhan35; 07-28-2016 at 03:31 AM.
mohsinkhan35 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by mohsinkhan35:
mazen222 (05-29-2017), Pair of TLs (04-05-2018)
Old 07-28-2016, 07:18 AM
  #247  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
RaviNJCLs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Landisville, PA
Age: 43
Posts: 37,029
Liked 581 Times in 407 Posts
Good work. I haven't done mine again.

The one under the intake was tough but I had the most issues with the one by the wheel well. My hands are not very small.
RaviNJCLs is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 07:47 AM
  #248  
Registered Member
 
UlsterBoy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Austin
Posts: 2,354
Liked 298 Times in 239 Posts
Humblebrag^
UlsterBoy13 is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 08:17 AM
  #249  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 35
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mohsinkhan35 View Post
I have started replacing these switches. I was able to replace the 3rd gear switch (by the driver side wheel) fairly quickly without any issue.

Second, I started working on the switch under the intake. It took me a while to locate it but it was hidden underneath a metal frame. I am having issues opening it up. I have a deep 7/8 socket, but there is a metal wire going across which makes it harder for me to plug in my ratchet into the socket.

What do you guys suggest? I have a 6" extension but there isn't a lot of room to work there. Is there anything else I can get out of the way to have easy access?

Hopefully I explained it correctly.
I had a really tough time with this as well. Only way I could get it was to take the socket off the wrench and seat it by hand onto the switch. Then you have to finagle your wrench onto the socket. It's not easy.
scdavis0 is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 06:20 PM
  #250  
Registered Member
 
mohsinkhan35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 62
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
4th Gear switch under the air intake assembly

I was able to replace my 3rd and final switch and I can't believe how easy it was. Thanks Ravi for this excellent DIY, saved me so much time.

Just waiting on headlight ballast and then I will be putting back my car together. I am thinking about changing transmission oil as well but the car has 161,XXX miles and last I changed ATF oil around 142,XXX miles. I've heard not to change ATF frequently as the transmission gets older?

I am attaching my last set of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails A-110(b): DIY Guide to replacing 3rd & 4th gear pressure switch for 3G TL (2007-2008)-1.jpg   A-110(b): DIY Guide to replacing 3rd & 4th gear pressure switch for 3G TL (2007-2008)-2.jpg  
mohsinkhan35 is offline  
The following users liked this post: mohsinkhan35
mazen222 (05-29-2017)
Old 07-28-2016, 06:27 PM
  #251  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 37,643
Liked 5,791 Times in 4,643 Posts
Quite the contrary.. With our beautiful glass transmissions, it's actually recommended to do a 1x3 quart change every 10-15K miles to be safe
thoiboi is offline  
The following users liked this post: thoiboi
mohsinkhan35 (07-28-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 06:41 PM
  #252  
Registered Member
 
mohsinkhan35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 62
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi View Post
Quite the contrary.. With our beautiful glass transmissions, it's actually recommended to do a 1x3 quart change every 10-15K miles to be safe
Thanks for clarifying that. I will do the ATF change as well while I'm at it.
mohsinkhan35 is offline  
Old 10-23-2016, 08:02 PM
  #253  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wasatch Front
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I recently purchased an 08 TL AT w/103k from my SIL, who has followed the factory maint cycles. Car is in good condition, but one of the first things I noticed was the slight delay in downshifting. Glad to find this thread, and I just ordered the 3 switches/gaskets. (Nice tech write up, btw)

My 98 V6 Accord trans chunked at 148k miles, I rebuilt it and my teens are still driving it with 311k miles on the clock. Hoping for better longevity out of this TL slushbox.
XJEEPER is offline  
Old 10-26-2016, 04:35 PM
  #254  
Registered Member
 
peter6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Age: 22
Posts: 430
Liked 77 Times in 70 Posts
II replaced those switches three days ago. It took me about 2 hours to do. The unexpected under metal piece under air box was the hardest - because of amount of space. Thanks mohsinkhan35 for photos !

I got pages from service manual for 2007-2008 claiming we have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th switches. Not two of the 4ths. Anyway it will be one black and two whites just like first post said.







It's definitely worth it.
peter6 is online now  
Old 11-07-2016, 12:53 PM
  #255  
Registered Member
 
mazen222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 281
Liked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Thanks guys, great info!

My clutch has started acting up so i will change those and do a fluid flush.
I was thinking the transmission mounts would be the culprits.
mazen222 is offline  
Old 11-30-2016, 12:33 PM
  #256  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wasatch Front
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Switches installed, definite improvement in shift crispness. Thanks again for the detailed tutorial, which made the installation simple. I found that unbolting the shift cable bracket provided easy access to the switch on the top of the trans. I also unbolted the fuse box and rotated it out of the way to gain easy access to the rear switch. In doing so, I also found a Snap-on T30 TORX handle wedged between the brake lines below the master cylinder, which appears to have been hitchhiking for a few years.
XJEEPER is offline  
Old 02-11-2017, 10:25 AM
  #257  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Age: 33
Posts: 7
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just ordered the switches and trans fluid, this thread will definitely help me out. New to the TL Community, and learning about this car as this is my second car, the other being a Mitsubishi Evo 8.
07GrayTL is offline  
Old 03-12-2017, 02:11 PM
  #258  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 29
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
wooooo hooooo! glad i found this, just got my 08 with 86,000 and dont think the switches have been done. The fluid has been changed for sure 18,000 ago, but I have some new fluid ready to swap next weekend and the switches ordered should be here in time so i can do it all at once. She feels great going up gears but down shifts seem a bit harsh, nothing too crazy but figure its enough to do the swaps! Wish me luck!
thoefke is offline  
Old 03-22-2017, 11:15 AM
  #259  
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 29
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
28610-RKE-004 when I did this switch located on the left fender, I did not find any gaskets. I was wondering if any of you guys have the same situation.. Since when I put the new one in, I placed a gasket and I'm not sure if I did the right thing.
nfaj is offline  
Old 03-22-2017, 11:41 AM
  #260  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 37,643
Liked 5,791 Times in 4,643 Posts
Originally Posted by nfaj View Post
28610-RKE-004 when I did this switch located on the left fender, I did not find any gaskets. I was wondering if any of you guys have the same situation.. Since when I put the new one in, I placed a gasket and I'm not sure if I did the right thing.
did you make sure the gasket wasn't in the transmission perhaps?
thoiboi is offline  
Old 03-22-2017, 12:06 PM
  #261  
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 29
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi View Post
did you make sure the gasket wasn't in the transmission perhaps?
No, I don't recall it being stuck. Maybe it fell??? Idk. When you did yours, did you notice it ?
nfaj is offline  
Old 03-22-2017, 01:47 PM
  #262  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 29
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nfaj View Post
28610-RKE-004 when I did this switch located on the left fender, I did not find any gaskets. I was wondering if any of you guys have the same situation.. Since when I put the new one in, I placed a gasket and I'm not sure if I did the right thing.
My guess would be it probably slipped off when you pulled it off. Check in your splash guard on the under side of the car most times ive dropped things they end up on top of the guard. Mine were actually seized to the original switches so check that. Since the threading is smaller than the gasket size I wouldnt worry that it fell in the tranny, you can also look right where the switch screws in to see if the gasket is stuck to the transmission body. if it is youll probably have to scrape at it with a screw driver being careful not to slip in the hole and damage threading.
thoefke is offline  
Old 03-22-2017, 01:49 PM
  #263  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 37,643
Liked 5,791 Times in 4,643 Posts
Originally Posted by thoefke View Post
My guess would be it probably slipped off when you pulled it off. Check in your splash guard on the under side of the car most times ive dropped things they end up on top of the guard. Mine were actually seized to the original switches so check that. Since the threading is smaller than the gasket size I wouldnt worry that it fell in the tranny, you can also look right where the switch screws in to see if the gasket is stuck to the transmission body. if it is youll probably have to scrape at it with a screw driver being careful not to slip in the hole and damage threading.
Sorry that's what i meant, not necessarily IN the transmission, but still on the body itself.


or it could have just fallen without you noticing as well. hard to say now.
thoiboi is offline  
Old 03-25-2017, 12:41 AM
  #264  
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 29
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the responses! So I did take it out tonight to double check and nothing. But I have a new issue, I have trouble threading the switch back in. My only option was to screw the old one back in and it there was some resistance which kind of worried me. I looked at the threads of the new switch and compared it to the old one and they look the same. I don't know if I damaged the threads in the trans housing Did any of you guys have this issue? 28610-RKE-004 im talking about this one on the side of the tranny the once accessed through getting splash guard out of the way.
nfaj is offline  
Old 05-20-2017, 05:58 PM
  #265  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
would like to know if any of you guys have hard time removing the socket from the pressure switches. i was able to located them but couldn't remove the wire socket, seem like they are air tight. if anyone has any tip
thanks in advance
snip33r is offline  
Old 05-21-2017, 09:28 AM
  #266  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 29
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by snip33r View Post
would like to know if any of you guys have hard time removing the socket from the pressure switches. i was able to located them but couldn't remove the wire socket, seem like they are air tight. if anyone has any tip
thanks in advance
Yeah man mine were pretty tough to get off. I just keep squeezing on one of them and got it, that was the wheel well one. the other 2 I was able to get some angled needle nose on the thumb latch and opposing side and gently squeeze it open and slide off. just be careful I slipped with the needle nose on one and about had a heart attack that I snipped the wire, all was well though.
thoefke is offline  
Old 05-24-2017, 11:08 AM
  #267  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thoefke View Post
Yeah man mine were pretty tough to get off. I just keep squeezing on one of them and got it, that was the wheel well one. the other 2 I was able to get some angled needle nose on the thumb latch and opposing side and gently squeeze it open and slide off. just be careful I slipped with the needle nose on one and about had a heart attack that I snipped the wire, all was well though.
thanks for the tip, it work out for me too as well. it took me about three hours to do all the switches for the first time but I am sure next time it won't take that long.
thanks to everyone who post their reviews and tips for this DIY, makes a difference to the auto transmission
snip33r is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 06:01 PM
  #268  
Registered Member
 
tpz76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 40
Posts: 110
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Transmission oil pressure switch replacement.

Just picked up an 08 Type-S. Been looking around AZ and some other sites and see that the oil pressure switches are a common failure and should be replaced. From what I can see on the Acura parts site is that I would need 2x28600-RKE-004 and 1x28610-RKE-004. Can anyone confirm that these are the correct parts needed? I see a ton of listings for 3rd and 4th gear switch replacements, but all with older part numbers and for a base TL. Any info would be great!
tpz76 is offline  
Old 06-04-2017, 11:16 PM
  #269  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tpz76 View Post
Just picked up an 08 Type-S. Been looking around AZ and some other sites and see that the oil pressure switches are a common failure and should be replaced. From what I can see on the Acura parts site is that I would need 2x28600-RKE-004 and 1x28610-RKE-004. Can anyone confirm that these are the correct parts needed? I see a ton of listings for 3rd and 4th gear switch replacements, but all with older part numbers and for a base TL. Any info would be great!
Hello,

I had the same question and concern a few days ago since I picked up a 07 Type S as well. The part numbers that you listed are correct, you are just missing the part number for the 3 new gaskets that you will need for the switches which is 90471-PW7-A00.
I also found this DIY thread for the oil pressure switches: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...2008-a-840630/

Hope I cleared your question/concern.
Danieliyo is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 02:46 AM
  #270  
Registered Member
 
tpz76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 40
Posts: 110
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK, for some odd reason, that diy link shows only replacing 2 switches, per the exploded view on the acura parts site, it looks like one of the switches was not shown. the 3 switches to be replaced are the 2 # 13's and the #14. I didn't see how to access the middle # 13. Did I miss something?
tpz76 is offline  
Old 06-09-2017, 10:45 PM
  #271  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tpz76 View Post
OK, for some odd reason, that diy link shows only replacing 2 switches, per the exploded view on the acura parts site, it looks like one of the switches was not shown. the 3 switches to be replaced are the 2 # 13's and the #14. I didn't see how to access the middle # 13. Did I miss something?
You are right, I did not see on how to replace that one on the DIY. I am waiting for my switches to arrive, when I do it and find out on how to do that #13 switch I will keep you posted. If you get to it done before me, keep me posted on that switch.

Thank you
Danieliyo is offline  
Old 06-10-2017, 04:44 PM
  #272  
Registered Member
 
tpz76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 40
Posts: 110
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm doing mine this evening, as soon as my engine cools...lol. I will take some pics if and when I figure it out. It looks to me that they are in the same vicinity, so I'm hoping I locate them fairly easily.
tpz76 is offline  
Old 06-11-2017, 03:35 AM
  #273  
Registered Member
 
tpz76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 40
Posts: 110
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I did my 3 switches last evening, So here is my take on how the DIY post portrayed it and how it really went down, and it was pretty challenging. I have enormous hands and arms so I could not even access the "upper/rear" most switch without removing the strut tower brace. So I will back up now and give my best advice for this procedure.
this is the view with intake and air box removed....

here is a zoom photo of where the switch is.
In order to remove that switch, you need to disconnect the electrical connector, which was very tricky, I used my right hand to squeeze the connecter clip and my left hand with a long flathead screwdriver to carefully pry the connector off. After that, your on your own to get your 7/8" (or 22mm) deep well socket onto the switch and remove it. I def recommend a 3/8" socket and ratchet, a 1/2" ratchet with a reducer is most likely not going to work.

Next....

very similar pic to the diy post we both saw, but what was left out is that the engine heat cover needs to come off, and unless you have super tiny hands and fingers, so does the strut tower brace. I removed it just to be sure I had enough room.
here is zoomed in photo of upper rear most switch.
Once you remove the strut tower brace, access to this one is a breeze! But be careful on your way back in... do not lose the gasket!!!

That is about all the advice I can give, as far as the lower swtich... well the diy link is pretty accurate!!!

I was going to do a 3x drain and fill as well but ran out of time. But after driving it with just the 3 switch replacements I did notice quite an improvement.. most noticeably when decelerating, I no longer get that harsh downshift around 35 mph or so, and I also noticed that when rolling around corners and taking off again, there is no slipping feeling. Best of luck to you!!!
tpz76 is offline  
Old 06-12-2017, 11:44 AM
  #274  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tpz76 View Post
So I did my 3 switches last evening, So here is my take on how the DIY post portrayed it and how it really went down, and it was pretty challenging. I have enormous hands and arms so I could not even access the "upper/rear" most switch without removing the strut tower brace. So I will back up now and give my best advice for this procedure.
this is the view with intake and air box removed....

here is a zoom photo of where the switch is.
In order to remove that switch, you need to disconnect the electrical connector, which was very tricky, I used my right hand to squeeze the connecter clip and my left hand with a long flathead screwdriver to carefully pry the connector off. After that, your on your own to get your 7/8" (or 22mm) deep well socket onto the switch and remove it. I def recommend a 3/8" socket and ratchet, a 1/2" ratchet with a reducer is most likely not going to work.

Next....

very similar pic to the diy post we both saw, but what was left out is that the engine heat cover needs to come off, and unless you have super tiny hands and fingers, so does the strut tower brace. I removed it just to be sure I had enough room.
here is zoomed in photo of upper rear most switch.
Once you remove the strut tower brace, access to this one is a breeze! But be careful on your way back in... do not lose the gasket!!!

That is about all the advice I can give, as far as the lower swtich... well the diy link is pretty accurate!!!

I was going to do a 3x drain and fill as well but ran out of time. But after driving it with just the 3 switch replacements I did notice quite an improvement.. most noticeably when decelerating, I no longer get that harsh downshift around 35 mph or so, and I also noticed that when rolling around corners and taking off again, there is no slipping feeling. Best of luck to you!!!
I am glad you figure it out and everything went well even though is challenging. I just received the switches in the mail, I will be doing them this week. I appreciate your help and the detailed information, should be very helpful!
Danieliyo is offline  
Old 06-12-2017, 11:48 AM
  #275  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 37,643
Liked 5,791 Times in 4,643 Posts
Thanks for the pics OP, do you mind if i merge this post in to the DIY so your pictures and advice can be shared with the rest of the community?
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...2008-a-840630/
thoiboi is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 06:37 AM
  #276  
Registered Member
 
tpz76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 40
Posts: 110
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
go ahead and share. I hope it will help!!!
tpz76 is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 06:39 AM
  #277  
Registered Member
 
tpz76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 40
Posts: 110
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
also be careful removing the cowl covers!!! The snap clips are very delicate and will break off with ease... don't be impatient like I was...LOL
tpz76 is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 08:20 AM
  #278  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 336
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
If any one of these switches is bad wouldn’t you get a P code on your navigation screen? Why replaced them if they are still good?
VictorTL is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 12:04 PM
  #279  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 29
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by VictorTL View Post
If any one of these switches is bad wouldn’t you get a P code on your navigation screen? Why replaced them if they are still good?
It's preventative maintenance. its super easy so why wait for one to fail if you can just swap them out? Waiting for a code isnt really a best practice in most cases I feel.
thoefke is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 10:24 AM
  #280  
Registered Member
 
rightwinger59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 37
Posts: 22
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks to everyone's input on this thread. I'm happy to report that I successfully changed my sensors last night. As many have said, the one under the air box was the most difficult, as my hands are not the smallest. I was still able to get the harness off and the 7/8" socket in there to do the swap. Did a 1x3 ATF change last weekend, another one last night, and will probably finish the 3x3 tonight and be done with this round of preventative maintenance.
rightwinger59 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.