Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'05 TL Foglight install

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 08:30 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'05 TL Foglight install

I'm looking for someone in Northwest Arkansas who can either talk me through the fog light install or help me out. I'll pay if your willing to do it for me. I have an 05 TL and I'm figuring out the wiring. There's a video on YouTube from Fabolousg4ever but his wires are different colors and it's throwing me off. Someone please help!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
its super easy
Old 06-19-2017, 09:02 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by justnspace
its super easy
Lets see. It starts with the two H8 plugs for the fogs, the long end on the passenger side then short side on the driver side w/ the ground wire being mounted to the frame by a torx. Then the inline relay and fuse go up behind the headlight then the negative and positive wire get attached onto the battery terminals. Then i think there's an additional negative wire that needs to be mounted onto the car frame.
What about the process of feeding a wire through the firewall boot. Can you elaborate on that.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:06 PM
Honda / Acura Fanboy

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
When I owned my accord 7th gen I installed inspire fog logs and wired them up and all myself. Suprised I did it and the car didn't go up in flames. If I could do it then anyone with two thumbs and internet should be able to do it. I watched a whole bunch of different youtube videos on how to install fogs on a number of cars its easy. The hardest part I say is cutting the bumper out so the light fits snug etc.

Other than that is real easy and just try to route your wires neatly and hidden. Typically there is a wire for ground , power 12+ , and then remote thats the wire to tell it to turn it on. But just watch a couple fog light tutorials on honda cars and you'll understand what to do. Also remember preparation is key.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ReMiXeDg
When I owned my accord 7th gen I installed inspire fog logs and wired them up and all myself. Suprised I did it and the car didn't go up in flames. If I could do it then anyone with two thumbs and internet should be able to do it. I watched a whole bunch of different youtube videos on how to install fogs on a number of cars its easy. The hardest part I say is cutting the bumper out so the light fits snug etc.

Other than that is real easy and just try to route your wires neatly and hidden. Typically there is a wire for ground , power 12+ , and then remote thats the wire to tell it to turn it on. But just watch a couple fog light tutorials on honda cars and you'll understand what to do. Also remember preparation is key.
Thank you!
Old 06-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Show me your wiring harness and I'll tell you where everything goes.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Show me your wiring harness and I'll tell you where everything goes.
I know for sure this is for the switch inside and this is what all was sent for that part of the install.
Theres this long red wire, its got silver dashes along it. Can be seen(hopefully).
Heres the main harness. This end photographed has the two H8 plugs and a black positive wire extending out by the short end of the H8 plug.
Heres the other end of the main harness. Theres a long negative wire that connects to the inline fuse, then theres the relay that has a short negative wire with a crimp end.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:02 PM
Race Director

I labelled "trigger wire" for the wire that looks like its still half way inside the wire loom.
This wire connects to a source depending on how you want your fogs to function.

If you want to make them independent fogs (turn on and off using the switch, but when key is out, they shut off if the switch is in the ON position), hook it up to fuse #32.
If you want them to only come on kinda like OEM, I suggest wiring to the parking light wire.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:35 PM
Advanced

I labelled "trigger wire" for the wire that looks like its still half way inside the wire loom.
This wire connects to a source depending on how you want your fogs to function.

If you want to make them independent fogs (turn on and off using the switch, but when key is out, they shut off if the switch is in the ON position), hook it up to fuse #32.
If you want them to only come on kinda like OEM, I suggest wiring to the parking light wire.
Wow...Just wow...This is pretty incredible!!!
Thanks for helping out! I'll post pictures up this weekend for I am also installing type s headlights. I'm gonna go look around the local hardware store for some sort of fuse extension wire that way I can go w/ the switch route.

Last edited by A.Sensation; 06-19-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:15 PM
Race Director

Glad to help!

What you want is called an "add-a-fuse" or add-a-circuit". Fuses come in different sizes so make sure you get a "mini" sized add-a-fuse as such:

Amazon Amazon

Cut off the connector that's on the "trigger wire", connect it to the blue butt connector on the add-a-fuse, plug into interior fuse box fuse #32.
I labelled where each wire connects to for you in order for the fogs to work.
However, I don't know the length of your wires by looking at them, so you MAY need to extend some wires, etc. since the harness you bought isn't made specifically for our car. Manufacturers make it universal and sometimes, some wires aren't long enough or some wires are too long lol

Last edited by guitarplayer16; 06-19-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Advanced

Everyone's Different

Well... It aint perfect but atleast I can say I have the balls to do it!!!
Old 07-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by A.Sensation
Well... It aint perfect but atleast I can say I have the balls to do it!!!
<update>
I wonder if my wiring is wrong... the fogs won't turn on. My grounds go where I see other grounds so I'm out of ideas.Can any helpful weekend warriors help please?
Old 07-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 489 Likes on 373 Posts
How you connected it to power? By using add a fuse? Which fuse you choosed? Is relay clicking?

You seems to confuse positive with negative wires.

Black are negative, ground in car.
Red positive (+)

Last edited by peter6; 07-08-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by peter6
How you connected it to power? By using add a fuse? Which fuse you choosed? Is relay clicking?

You seems to confuse positive with negative wires.

Black are negative, ground in car.
Red positive (+)
No my father helped me out on color wires. I'm messing around with the fuse right now. It's either the fuse or one of the grounds.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Advanced

Finished

No my father helped me out on color wires. I'm messing around with the fuse right now. It's either the fuse or one of the grounds.

Just got DONE, I used the wrong fuse by accident. IDGAF if it's yellow, yeah I hate them too. But it's 95 degrees here in Arkansas and no shade or wind. I'll deal with it later.
I wanna give a special thanks to everyone who helped!!!
Old 07-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
Just got DONE, I used the wrong fuse by accident. IDGAF if it's yellow, yeah I hate them too. But it's 95 degrees here in Arkansas and no shade or wind. I'll deal with it later.
I wanna give a special thanks to everyone who helped!!!
congrats man, how hard was it overall? would you recommend others to do it themselves with little or some mechanical experience? what was the hardest part?
ive been looking into doing the inspire fogs myself but i hate using a dremel on my car :/ and electrical is my weakest attribute although i have more than enough common basic knowledge lol
Old 07-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by champaned_out
congrats man, how hard was it overall? would you recommend others to do it themselves with little or some mechanical experience? what was the hardest part?
ive been looking into doing the inspire fogs myself but i hate using a dremel on my car :/ and electrical is my weakest attribute although i have more than enough common basic knowledge lol
It's not hard at all now that I rethink about the steps. The only thing that threw me off was the electrical wiring but the good folks of our forum helped me out A LOT! TBH though, the hardest part is pulling the wire through the firewall boot. First off, I didn't know wtf I was looking for. But I read this one guys post and I finally located it.(Firewall boot is located right above the footrest plate. You know, that last plate to the left that serves no purpose in an automatic) I then stuck a flat head in and felt that I had hit something hard. Again I didn't know wtf it was. Then i got a metal coat hanger, straighten it out then stuck it in where the flat head is. Again clink, I hit something. I went into the engine bay and looked back and I didn't see sh*t! Then I stuck my hand down there and felt the flat head and the hanger. HALLELUJAH!!!!
Its basically behind the wheel well.
The cutting part is the easiest but KEEP IN MIND. Only do little at a time! Like literally half an inch a time. The fogs have a slight slant so I marked each tick of the grille and began cutting. My dremel is the 7000 i think. It's got the adjusted speed wheel from 5 to I believe 30 or 35. I started with the 5 (lowest setting) to mark and to kind of get the feel of the power of the dremel. Then i bumped up the speed to 15 and it was cutting alright. I made a mistake bc an ant crawled up my crack and bit me so I flinched bc it stung so bad and that made my hand go deeper into the slant more than I wanted. YES, I WAS PISSED!! I'll let you in on a little secret I found out. When I put the fogs in, it went in very tightly. Like I had to force it in there! So since it was that tight I decided I didn't have to bolt the fog down to the bumper. So basically it's just freestanding in the grille, but trust me no amount of vibration or wiggling will move them. I'd have to be in a wreck for it to move.
But listen here brother... If you need some help I'll walk you thru STEP by step if you need it when the time comes. I am a student at Arkansas Tech University and it's summer time and I don't work so I have all the time in the world.

Last edited by A.Sensation; 07-10-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Race Director

Great job! You don't see many accord fog installs anymore, because inspire fogs are 10 times easier to install.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Advanced

Great job! You don't see many accord fog installs anymore, because inspire fogs are 10 times easier to install.
Had I known that I probably would've done the same lol. Who knows, it's never too late. Like I said I didn't bolt them down. But tbh, I don't like the way the inspire fogs look. I'd rather keep it classy but functional.

Last edited by A.Sensation; 07-11-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Could you share with me where you sourced your Accord fog lights? Got a new bumper and thinking of doing these instead of the Inspires this time around, since I like the OEM look. Last time I looked, OE fogs were super expensive and there are so many different vendors and prices so I stayed away from the project for a while. Looking at these pics makes me want to pursue it again!
Old 07-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jo-nathanpham
Could you share with me where you sourced your Accord fog lights? Got a new bumper and thinking of doing these instead of the Inspires this time around, since I like the OEM look. Last time I looked, OE fogs were super expensive and there are so many different vendors and prices so I stayed away from the project for a while. Looking at these pics makes me want to pursue it again!
WHOA!!!! Time out. First what year is your TL? Second, by new bumper do you mean like new new from the warehouse or new from a pick and pull?
I got my accord fogs from ebay, let me see if I can find the link. It was only $40 for both fogs and harness. Came with a bag of brackets and screws and zip ties. Also did i mention they had the glass lens and its Free ship too!
Old 07-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Advanced

WHOA!!!! Time out. First what year is your TL? Second, by new bumper do you mean like new new from the warehouse or new from a pick and pull?
I got my accord fogs from ebay, let me see if I can find the link. It was only $40 for both fogs and harness. Came with a bag of brackets and screws and zip ties. Also did i mention they had the glass lens and its Free ship too!
{9:10 PM UPDATE} heres the link i promised. The seller is buyaparts.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/381670333606

It says he's sold out but it's not. He's got 6 left.
​​​​​​

Last edited by A.Sensation; 07-12-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:13 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Haha, I happen to have a '05 SSM just like yours, actually! I got in an accident early last year when I had the Inspire fogs installed - when I was fixing my car up I just sourced a used aftermarket bumper from the junkyard, which doesn't have the "ACURA" indentation in the center, just like yours in the picture! Thanks for the link, will probably purchase it tonight and hope to get it installed to fill in the void in my new[er] lower bumper!
Old 07-13-2017, 10:16 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jo-nathanpham
Haha, I happen to have a '05 SSM just like yours, actually! I got in an accident early last year when I had the Inspire fogs installed - when I was fixing my car up I just sourced a used aftermarket bumper from the junkyard, which doesn't have the "ACURA" indentation in the center, just like yours in the picture! Thanks for the link, will probably purchase it tonight and hope to get it installed to fill in the void in my new[er] lower bumper!
If you read my other post to that one guy, remember when cutting the grille and bumper to only do little at a time! I'm telling you just one twitch can change it all lol.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Can someone also help me? I just received my fog light kit that I bought on Ebay. But I do not know where everything goes. I watched Fabolousg4ever's youtube video and my kit looks a bit different than his. I'm not sure if I'm correct, but is there suppose to be some type of fuse box? I do see a relay. Also, I bought a 12V fuse tap adapter that I'm planning to plug it into the ACC socket.

Last edited by optical24; 07-18-2017 at 11:20 AM.