Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 acura start up issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 04:18 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 acura start up issue

Hi . my Acura has been having some weird issue when starting up when the engine is cold. If I leave it for a day then start up it'll make the noise that its starting up then goes quiet then a burst of noise and it turns on. When th le enfine is warm and I am turning off and on the car throughout the day its fine.
however , I let my car for 3 days with out turning on and this is the noise it made
https://soundcloud.com/buugtdbgt1993/recording-47
3rd time it started up normally I am just not sure why this is happening on top of the steering wheel whining but I think its the oring that is having air leak in. Anyways give me your thoughts please
Old 07-31-2018, 06:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
IMO: It's somewhat difficult, to interpret the issue, from your recording. Not enough examples. From what I'm hearing, especially, from example #1., it sounds like the battery may be weak, or the starter itself, may have an issue. What is the (strange noise), at the end of the first crank sequence? Almost sounds like a human voice! Also, can you clarify your statement, " I am just not sure why this is happening on top of the steering wheel whining ".
Old 07-31-2018, 06:23 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by frankjnjr
IMO: It's somewhat difficult, to interpret the issue, from your recording. Not enough examples. From what I'm hearing, especially, from example #1., it sounds like the battery may be weak, or the starter itself, may have an issue. What is the (strange noise), at the end of the first crank sequence? Almost sounds like a human voice! Also, can you clarify your statement, " I am just not sure why this is happening on top of the steering wheel whining ".
Thanks for replying! So my sterring wheel makes noise when I turn it. Its a small whine . I hear its coming from the pump so I am going to try to replace the O rings first to see and if not I'll replace the unit.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:44 AM
Burning Brakes

I think your on the right track, regarding the steering whine. Low fluid level, as well as air in the system, can both produce that type of noise. If, you have an O ring seal leak, you probably have air in the system. Check the P/S reservoir, for air bubbles, and or foaming! It may be prudent, to renew the power steering fluid, at the same time. A quick search, on this Forum, will describe the procedure.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:49 AM
10th Gear

I think your on the right track, regarding the steering whine. Low fluid level, as well as air in the system, can both produce that type of noise. If, you have an O ring seal leak, you probably have air in the system. Check the P/S reservoir, for air bubbles, and or foaming! It may be prudent, to renew the power steering fluid, at the same time. A quick search, on this Forum, will describe the procedure.
When the car turns on and I start driving, the fluid gets pushed out from the top and leaks through the cap.
would bad transmission fluid be the cause of an engine starting?
Would a bad starter have trouble starting the car even when its warm and not only cold?
Old 07-31-2018, 07:15 AM
Burning Brakes

1. If the P/S fluid is being forced out of the reservoir, it is probably foaming, due to air in the system! LOTS OF AIR. 2. No. transmission fluid, has nothing to do with engine starting. 3. A bad starter, could be intermittent, in it's ability to start the engine. Your recording, to me, sounds more like a battery, or poor ground issue, than a starter problem.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:21 AM
10th Gear

1. If the P/S fluid is being forced out of the reservoir, it is probably foaming, due to air in the system! LOTS OF AIR. 2. No. transmission fluid, has nothing to do with engine starting. 3. A bad starter, could be intermittent, in it's ability to start the engine. Your recording, to me, sounds more like a battery, or poor ground issue, than a starter problem.
The only reason why I thinm it might not be a battery issue is because I still have full power from my head lights and they arent dimmed. But i think ill have autozone check the battery to see. I just got a new battery not too long ago and was told my serpe tine belt is fine