AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RLX (2013+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/)
-   -   Where is an easily accessible vacuum line? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/where-easily-accessible-vacuum-line-972787/)

RLXSH-AWD 08-28-2018 12:06 AM

Where is an easily accessible vacuum line?

Just finalizing a deal for a 2014 RLX SHAWD with 80k KM on it. I want to use CRC intake valve cleaner and the easiest way is through a vacuum line (or so im told) like the brake booster what would be the easiest line to access and where would it be. Also would love recommendations if there are easier/better ways to do this.

MuGen7Modulo 08-28-2018 09:11 AM

I don't think you have to do that at all.

justnspace 08-28-2018 09:14 AM

the manifold operates under vaccuum.
however, agreed with Mugen7, there is absolutely no need to use it.

by design, the manifold gets dirty from the EGR and PCV. your cleaning endeavor will be futile because the manifold is designed to get dirty.

moose66 08-28-2018 03:16 PM

Just curious . . . . . .what would cleaning it do? Does it function differently clean?

miner 08-29-2018 07:01 AM

Plus, if cleaner is ingested too quickly bad things can happen.

justnspace 08-29-2018 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by moose66 (Post 16288352)
Just curious . . . . . .what would cleaning it do? Does it function differently clean?

the PCV and EGR are designed to recirculate back into the intake manifold, depositing an oily film and some carbon chunks.

in theory; a clean manifold will create less air turbulence from less carbon deposits.
One can keep the intake manifold clean by adding an oil separator, otherwise known as an oil catch can.

moose66 08-29-2018 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 16288603)
the PCV and EGR are designed to recirculate back into the intake manifold, depositing an oily film and some carbon chunks.

in theory; a clean manifold will create less air turbulence from less carbon deposits.
One can keep the intake manifold clean by adding an oil separator, otherwise known as an oil catch can.

So what's the true benefit? Increased performance? Better gas mileage? OP, forgive me for hijacking your post to get educated.

justnspace 08-29-2018 08:30 AM

in theory; marginal power increase. Keeping things clean for optimal air flow.

in real world applications; there is no perceived increase in power, mpg, etc, other than piece of mind that your intake manifold is clean.

neuronbob 08-30-2018 01:43 PM

I'm learning here, too. Welcome to AZ, OP!

George Knighton 09-01-2018 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by RLXSH-AWD (Post 16287966)
I want to use CRC intake valve cleaner....

I'd like to ask you to please not do this, unless the dealer has identified a specific problem (which he should solve himself, and in a different way).

The injection system of the J Motor in the SH-AWD is unique, and it in fact uses hybrid injection systems depending on what it is you are doing and what you are demanding of the motor. Usually, you will find this kind of drivability enhancement in cars costing many thousands more, and we should leave it alone.

In the discussions related to the long term viability of this system, dealer representatives are advised not to expect anything to do along those lines...for hundreds of thousands of miles.

MuGen7Modulo 09-01-2018 12:52 PM

RLXSH-AWD, just listen to George. Plain and simple... "J Motor in the SH-AWD is unique"