AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RLX (2013+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/)
-   -   What does these lights means on my 2014 acura rlx dash? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/what-does-these-lights-means-my-2014-acura-rlx-dash-971619/)

Ysl_Sly 07-16-2018 03:50 PM

What does these lights means on my 2014 acura rlx dash?

all these lights pops up on my instrument panel for a couple days and then dissapears. it reads: "Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) problem,Forward collision warning (FCW) Electric Power steering problem, Brake System, & Hill Assist Problem

AP8ESQ 07-16-2018 05:59 PM

Might be time to have your battery checked or replaced. Either way I would go to the dealer and have diagnostics performed. My SH had a similar issue when delivered, I replaced the battery and have never seen the lights again.

hondamore 07-16-2018 06:08 PM

I had the same experience as AP8ESQ. My Sport Hybrid sat on the lot for a long time and after I took delivery, when I started the car, I got several warning lights and eventually the car would not start . They replaced the battery and I haven't had a problem in the three years since then.

While this diagnosis of your problem is anecdotal, replacing the battery is probably the best place to start.

Good luck - let us know how the problem was resolved.

Ysl_Sly 07-16-2018 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by AP8ESQ (Post 16265145)
Might be time to have your battery checked or replaced. Either way I would go to the dealer and have diagnostics performed. My SH had a similar issue when delivered, I replaced the battery and have never seen the lights again.

thanks i wouldn’t think it’s the battery because i had warranty and the battery went bad few months ago, they did replace the battery and the issue took place when the battery got replaced.

Ron A 07-16-2018 06:39 PM

W!elcome to the forums. I deleted your other thread since it asked the same question but all you got there was a bunch of wiseguys answering with crap replies.

I added the Hill Assist Problem to this thread.

Ysl_Sly 07-16-2018 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ron A (Post 16265167)
W!elcome to the forums. I deleted your other thread since it asked the same question but all you got there was a bunch of wiseguys answering with crap replies.

I added the Hill Assist Problem to this thread.

thank you! I appreciate it because those replies were crap!

MuGen7Modulo 07-16-2018 10:29 PM

I can also attest that is the battery that needs to be checked first. I saw this happening to a RLX when I went for a test drive recently.

George Knighton 07-17-2018 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by MuGen7Modulo (Post 16265269)
I can also attest that is the battery that needs to be checked first.

What he said. :-)

A new [sic] battery might've sat around too long.

Whether it's the battery or something else, these cars are probably a little too complicated to do anything other than have the dealer look over it.

IMHO.

Ysl_Sly 07-17-2018 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by George Knighton (Post 16265363)

Whether it's the battery or something else, these cars are probably a little too complicated to do anything other than have the dealer look over it.

IMHO.

thank you i will get the battery tested today & see whether it’s the problem! I really didn’t think it would be the battery.

Ysl_Sly 07-17-2018 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by George Knighton (Post 16265363)

IMHO.

UPDATE: just got the battery checked it is in great condition.

Ysl_Sly 07-17-2018 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by AP8ESQ (Post 16265145)

thanks just got the battery checked, it is in great condition!

Ysl_Sly 07-17-2018 06:53 PM

update: I just ran a battery test & the battery is good!

pgeorg 07-18-2018 05:35 AM

Another problem that can trip those lights, is when the rear wheels actuators are not working properly.

That is for the RLX P-AWS, and they control the rear wheel steering.

Kgb2016 07-19-2018 03:22 PM

Funny timing! My wife just texted me saying that she was taking our 2014 RLX ELITE out of the garage and got these 3 warnings : lane keeping assist problems; lane departure warning problem and adaptive cruise control problem....
any idea on what that might be?

hondamore 07-19-2018 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ysl_Sly (Post 16265942)
thanks just got the battery checked, it is in great condition!

For what it is worth, my battery tested "just fine" the first time I took it into the dealership to report the multiple warning lights right after I picked up my new RLX. A couple of days later, I called them when the car wouldn't start and that triggered the battery replacement. The second visit, they tested the parasitic draw on the battery and found it to be high (132 milli amps), so, after replacing the battery, they also "updated the software" and checked the "battery management system" (I'm quoting from my service invoice) and subsequently the parasitic draw was found to be normal (16 milli amps). What I am saying is that it might be worth having a dealer test the entire charging system if the warning light issue continues and they can't find another cause.

By any chance had the car been sitting for a couple of days when the warning lights came on?? That seems to be part of the pattern when the battery is the issue.

As pgeorg mentioned, other problems could be at fault, but a charging system/battery issue is still my first guess.

Good luck getting to the bottom of this. Seeing all those warning lights is certainly disconcerting to say the least.

hondamore 07-19-2018 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kgb2016 (Post 16267239)
Funny timing! My wife just texted me saying that she was taking our 2014 RLX ELITE out of the garage and got these 3 warnings : lane keeping assist problems; lane departure warning problem and adaptive cruise control problem....
any idea on what that might be?

Hey KGB2016, my first thought for your issue is also a battery issue, but your warnings all seem to be related to systems related to the camera behind the rear view mirror and/or the radar behind the grill meaning that unfortunately placed bird crap or globs of mud (or even torrential rain) that splattered on the grill and splashed up to the windshield by the camera could also be to blame in which case a good car wash and some sunshine might be all that is needed to fix the issue.

Good luck

Kgb2016 07-20-2018 12:00 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...42ef807d6.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...094d8864f.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...d17bd2a44.jpeg
The car is spotless -cleaned and detailed just a few days ago. I checked the front grill and there are no any dirt there. After driving to Costco and starting the car again, all lights were out and no more warnings. Weird thing! I’m still taking it to the dealer on Monday just in case.
I don’t think it’s a battery issue since only certain light came on.
thank you for your input! Much appreciated!

Kgb2016 07-26-2018 11:43 AM

An update: dealer run all kind of tests and found one more faul code - dirty radar sensor. Cleaned it up, said that there wasn’t actually any dirt or derbies there. Cleared the codes. That was on Monday, since than - nothing. They also checked the battery and it was fine. So I hope that was just a glitch...

gualkeren1975 11-18-2019 08:51 PM

Warning sign on my dash board

My 2014 Acura RLX has a warning sign on the dash.
VSA, Precision all wheel steer problem, forward collusion warning and Lane departure warning issues.

demosan 11-20-2019 11:40 AM

As you can see from the prior posts in this thread, I would get your battery checked/replaced ASAP as that is the likely culprit. I just went thru this same ordeal in my 2014 Advance and it was in fact the battery needing replacing. OBTW, I bought the battery at Costco ( Interstate with unconditional 3 yr. warranty out the door for $105).
You will have to remove old battery yourself and replace with new as Costco does not do installations any longer nor do they have charging circuit testing capability, so I used my dealer to provide confirmation charging components were not the problem. Good Luck!!! Demosan

Donhamon 04-18-2023 05:43 PM

Dashboard light error

Originally Posted by Ysl_Sly (Post 16265088)
all these lights pops up on my instrument panel for a couple days and then dissapears. it reads: "Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) problem,Forward collision warning (FCW) Electric Power steering problem, Brake System, & Hill Assist Problem

those light turn on, cause one of your speed sensor is malfunctioning. You need to find out which one is bad. You have 4 speed sensor.