Tuning options

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 09:12 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
Tuning options

I noticed the RLX shifts at 6500rpms and makes peak power at around 6000rpms. I was looking for tuning options which I did not expect to find any but Ktuner has mentioned they are planning on releasing software to allow some tuning to the RLX and also the TLX. I think if the car can be tuning it would make 300whp which would make a big difference.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:50 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
I assume you're talking about a KC1.

The first thing that I'll say is that increasing the power of the big J Motor by any appreciable amount is going to bring forward some limitations of other parts of the powertrain.

(1)How quickly can P-AWS respond to a change in steering angle? Some of us who've driven KC1 can detect the change in the car's attitude caused by the incremental delay between your change in steering input and the rear steering's response, which can cause a correction by the driver. You don't want a lot of that going on.

(2)Just how much power can the conventional 6AT handle? Some of us think that the 6AT is risky enough as it is, but maybe that's just us.

(3)You have no Torsen axle, and you don't have an affordable alternative to a Torsen axle. The old J Motor Torsen axle out of previous 6MT TL will not work in the 6AT provided in the KC1. No point in adding power if it's just going to go to wheel spin in the corners.
The following users liked this post:
victorber (01-15-2017)