Help with Rain Sensing Wiper setting

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Help with Rain Sensing Wiper setting

Okay, I have watched the video and read the manual, but it has been raining in northern Ohio for the last three days and for the life of me I cannot figure out the rain sensing wiper settings. With it set to rain sensing and the wiper stalk in the auto position they will not wipe, I can shift from off to auto and they will go once but that is it. AM I missing something or should I have the dealership look at it when I take the car in for the AC issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
you can adjust the sensing criteria with the same knob that changes intermittent frequency, i.e., from slow to fast. If you keep it in Auto, does it not work at all? Auto sensing is far from perfect, but is should at least trigger at some point even in the lowest setting.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:07 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by getakey
you can adjust the sensing criteria with the same knob that changes intermittent frequency, i.e., from slow to fast. If you keep it in Auto, does it not work at all? Auto sensing is far from perfect, but is should at least trigger at some point even in the lowest setting.
Nope not at all, doesn't matter where the sensitivity setting is at, it only kicks off once, when you move the stalk from off to auto.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
sounds like a bad sensor
Old 05-21-2017, 05:56 PM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by rfreeman11
Okay, I have watched the video and read the manual, but it has been raining in northern Ohio for the last three days and for the life of me I cannot figure out the rain sensing wiper settings. With it set to rain sensing and the wiper stalk in the auto position they will not wipe, I can shift from off to auto and they will go once but that is it. AM I missing something or should I have the dealership look at it when I take the car in for the AC issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
i experienced this on my 2014 P-AWS and the dealer fixed it. If memory serves me correctly, mine was caused by them doing the TSB for my steering column making the screeching noise and not connecting it all back properly though. You might just have a loose connection or faulty sensor.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:56 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Limelight
i experienced this on my 2014 P-AWS and the dealer fixed it. If memory serves me correctly, mine was caused by them doing the TSB for my steering column making the screeching noise and not connecting it all back properly though. You might just have a loose connection or faulty sensor.
Thanks guys, I will add it to the list. My Service guy loves me......