AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RLX (2013+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/)
-   -   See you guys soon! (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/see-you-guys-soon-978453/)

kingofire 04-02-2019 10:32 AM

See you guys soon!

So I test drove the new 2019 BMW 330i the other day and absolutely fell in love with it. Finally a 3 series that is worthy! I was actually looking at the 530 and 540's but test drove the 330i and what a peppy little engine that was. So needless to say I traded my RLX for a 330i and so far the technology has me floored. So this is definitely not goodbye because I can see myself in a RLX whenever the new models come out. Until then I will still be here checking on things just not as frequent. So see y'all soon!

neuronbob 04-02-2019 02:11 PM

Congrats!

kingofire 04-02-2019 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by neuronbob (Post 16406414)
Congrats!

Thanks!

Limelight 04-02-2019 07:56 PM

Congrats and enjoy. Please report back on your driving impressions as compared to the SH.

Do the 2019’s now come with turn signals? In all my years of driving, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a BMW driver use them so I’m assuming it’s not standard equipment...

As they say, the difference between a BMW and a porcupine is that a porcupine has their pricks on the outside :)

JK - you’ve always been a very positive contributor to the forum so you’ll now give BMW owners a better reputation!

RLX-Sport Hybrid 04-02-2019 08:42 PM

Can I get an Amen! There are so many awesome cars out there. Many happy safe miles. Please report back with your thoughts both good and bad.

miner 04-03-2019 07:10 AM

Enjoy your new BMW. 916 miles ago I traded my wife's TLX Adv for a 540i - love the twin power turbo.

kurtatx 04-03-2019 07:15 AM

Stick around and post in Car Talk/Automotive News?

kingofire 04-03-2019 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Limelight (Post 16406560)
Congrats and enjoy. Please report back on your driving impressions as compared to the SH.

Do the 2019’s now come with turn signals? In all my years of driving, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a BMW driver use them so I’m assuming it’s not standard equipment...

As they say, the difference between a BMW and a porcupine is that a porcupine has their pricks on the outside :)

JK - you’ve always been a very positive contributor to the forum so you’ll now give BMW owners a better reputation!

LOL....believe me I have heard all that as well. This is my first Bimmer so hoping I don't become like some of those assholes. Just checked my blinkah and you're right it doesn't come with one!!

Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid (Post 16406575)
Can I get an Amen! There are so many awesome cars out there. Many happy safe miles. Please report back with your thoughts both good and bad.

Will give you my impressions for sure. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by miner (Post 16406658)
Enjoy your new BMW. 916 miles ago I traded my wife's TLX Adv for a 540i - love the twin power turbo.

That 540i is an impressive car! BMW is definitely headed in the right direction.

kingofire 04-03-2019 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by kurtatx (Post 16406660)
Stick around and post in Car Talk/Automotive News?

Absolutely. Love the Car Talk forum!!

kingofire 04-09-2019 08:03 AM

Well they have my car for sale. It is clean inside and out so if anyone is interested I'll attach the link to the site. HERE it is.

Limelight 04-09-2019 08:29 AM

I'm surprised they didn't detail it before posting pictures online. Outside of an oil change probably, it doesn't appear that they did much, if any, reconditioning to the vehicle before taking pics.

It always surprises me what the dealer will post the trade for initially - hoping to hit a home run (knowing first hand what it was traded in for...). Will be interesting to see how long it sits at that asking price...

Hope you're enjoying your new ride!

kingofire 04-09-2019 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Limelight (Post 16409065)
I'm surprised they didn't detail it before posting pictures online. Outside of an oil change probably, it doesn't appear that they did much, if any, reconditioning to the vehicle before taking pics.

It always surprises me what the dealer will post the trade for initially - hoping to hit a home run (knowing first hand what it was traded in for...). Will be interesting to see how long it sits at that asking price...

Hope you're enjoying your new ride!

Ya if you look at their other used cars its the same thing. Even my new car had what looked like white fuzz from a towel on the headliner. Not the most professional to say the least. They gave me $29K for trade so I wonder if they will bring the price down if it sits on the lot for a long time.

pcloadletter 05-06-2019 07:47 PM

If you haven't done a BMW Ultimate Driving Experience, definitely try to get to one. I just did the one in Jersey, they had a fleet of $60k well equipped 330s for flogging around a closed autocross course, all for free. After a complementary fresh pulled double espresso, I took out a few cones on the first lap, then came in 2nd out of 24 on the final timed lap. Nice cars, enjoy.

https://ude.bmwusa.com/

Midnight Mystery 05-06-2019 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by pcloadletter (Post 16422459)
If you haven't done a BMW Ultimate Driving Experience, definitely try to get to one. I just did the one in Jersey, they had a fleet of $60k well equipped 330s for flogging around a closed autocross course, all for free. After a complementary fresh pulled double espresso, I took out a few cones on the first lap, then came in 2nd out of 24 on the final timed lap. Nice cars, enjoy.

https://ude.bmwusa.com/

Free? :precious:

pcloadletter 05-12-2019 08:06 PM

Looks like your car was sold, that was quick.