AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RLX (2013+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/)
-   -   RLX Sightings (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/rlx-sightings-886399/)

kurtatx 01-22-2014 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by getakey (Post 14843569)
2 people on forum get RLX as loaner? That must say something about sales

As a lay person, I admit the RLX is amazing. That is, of course, without seeing what anyone else has to offer. Which is a lot. A whole lot :(

Rocket_man 01-27-2014 12:20 AM

I saw my first RLX in the wild last night. I recognized the tail lights. They really stand out. Turns out we were both going to Home Depot. Can't say I remember seeing an RL at HD before. It was a younger guy and his son. I couldn't help but think if he wished the rear seats folded down. :tongue:

rlx015 01-28-2014 08:27 PM

I dunno but style wise this car has nothing unique about it: sorry do not mean to offent anyone, but look at the photos: Camry, mostly, Honda Accord a bit, front is sort of Acura, but again very dull - it is not big deal as I would drive it, but I think for the money you can find more appealing and beastly car. RLX gives bit performance but styling is 5 on scale 1-10.

Guitaryojedi 01-29-2014 09:08 AM

I really think that the real RLX is very different from pics on the web. There ARE resemblances(Camry or Accord) for sure,
but actual RLX looks very big and has a strong presence.

When I saw them, I had no idea what car was it,
and took few seconds to realize it's actually an RLX.

To me, it was that much difference.

TLtrigirl 01-29-2014 09:23 AM

the RLX looks much better in person than in pics. it isn't a very photogenic car. next sighting....another one in my driveway way :biggrin: this one though has a couple of little annoyances....bad mirror actuator (already?!) and driver's side door tick (tweeter?). nice to know Acura still hasn't fixed the side mirror actuator problems. :whyme: oh well.

sotiri 01-29-2014 12:38 PM

I saw one in Highland Park Il last weekend

JT4 01-30-2014 09:02 AM

Since this thread started back in April 2013 I have seen 8 in total. Since my last post in this thread (Sept 2013) I have not seen another on the road.

Acura has been aggressive by offering $5,750 in dealer cash and a couple of lease programs and nothing seems to be working..

miner 01-30-2014 01:48 PM

Even though I did not get to use the incentive programs I am still thrilled to be able to drive this automobile, as rare as it is on the road.

Guitaryojedi 01-30-2014 03:26 PM

Just saw Black one. Culver City, CA.
It's BIG!

JM2010 SH-AWD 01-30-2014 07:02 PM

I saw a black Advanced FWD and a silver AWD at our local auto show last week. Both looked really nice. The black one really popped, but I was drawn to the AWD, which is a really nice car. The Krell audio kicks butt. Both cars were drawing a great deal of attention. The HUD display, on the AWD, is really a cool feature.

weather 01-30-2014 07:41 PM

Saw my first one last weekend....Near shit my pants! This is a small area and to see an RLX is a big thing *lol* It was too dark to gauge how it looked but those Jewel eye are sure distinctive.

getakey 02-02-2014 02:21 PM

I started this thread in April 2013
Just saw my 3rd RLX today and I live in SF Bay area which is normally prime Acura country.

scv76 02-02-2014 10:28 PM

edited quote

Originally Posted by miner (Post 14855085)
I am still thrilled to be able to drive this automobile, as rare as it is on the road.

I feel the same way miner!! There are just so many Beemers, Mercs, Audies and the likes here in Southern California...they are a dime a dozen, and don't do much for my visual excitement. Nice color car by the way :)

Guitaryojedi 02-13-2014 05:42 PM

2/13 1:30PM LA Downtown 5th St.
Crystal Black Pearl.

I was walking toward Starbucks, and this RLX came from nowhere.
It was beautiful.

Guitaryojedi 03-03-2014 02:15 PM

Here's another.

3/3 Downtown Los Angeles (Fig/7th)
Bellanova White Pearl.

My first choice was Graphite, then Black.
But this White Pearl looks great. I may reconsider though...

TSX69 03-17-2014 06:11 AM

Another One ...

So this weekend I went in for an oil change & while there, a salesperson told me that the hybrid is due soon & the rep that stopped by said it would cost between $70-80k. I really hope that that is wrong. They were currently sold out so I did not get a chance to look at 1 up close altho I spent plenty of time looking at a BMW 4 series next door.

Anyhow, when I got home, there was a black/tan RLX in my neighbor's driveway (their home is for sale). Not sure if it was the shopper or realtor but it was very nice looking (either tech/Krell/advance based upon the rims).

As it drove off, I pointed it out to other neighbors outside & their reaction was more or less "Wow, that is an expensive car". Yes, the RLX is not super-duper flashy but it still has presence enough that I do believe that the average person would not mistake it for a typical $30k family sedan.

atsx1313 03-21-2014 05:19 PM

seen it only twice in los angeles... looks good in white!!

George Knighton 03-21-2014 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by TSX69 (Post 14924569)
So this weekend I went in for an oil change & while there, a salesperson told me that the hybrid is due soon & the rep that stopped by said it would cost between $70-80k. I really hope that that is wrong. .

Yes, it is wrong, unless the dealer is counting on being able to add a market value sticker to it right off the bat.

TSX69 05-08-2014 06:19 AM

White

Saw my 4th (?) 1 last nite - a white 1. Altho it looks kinda bland in pictures, it definitely has more presence in person. It has been over a year & I have seen 4 in the wild; the 2014 MDX, however, I see all the time already.

I think my closest dealer is going on 3 months now with no RLXs in stock. Hopefully the low national inventory is because they have some refreshing planned for the 2015.

George Knighton 05-08-2014 07:39 AM

I've still seen very, very few of them on the road.

Trying to remember, I believe it's only 3 that I've seen moving other than my own.

9,000 miles on mine, now. It kind of grows on you. It's not excellent at any one thing. It's just a very nice package overall.

23.5 mpg average.

holografique 05-08-2014 07:35 PM

I think I've seen a total of around 9-10 in the wild since I got mine back in June of last year. Still pretty rare sightings.

PeterPort 05-08-2014 08:39 PM

Curry acura in Scarsdale NY gave me one as a loaner. I found it to be an interesting car to drive and definitely better looking in person than in photos. I had a FWD and it handled ok. The auto trans lets the engine wind up to ridiculously high rpms on full throttle entrance ramp acceleration. The sight lines from the driver's seat were pretty good too.

scv76 05-08-2014 11:35 PM

After not seeing any for months, I saw two in the same week (last week).
saw a white one and the dark gray one. The gray had the chrome wheels and looked great

getakey 05-08-2014 11:45 PM

Still only have seen 4 except for mine now makes 5

How long ago did I start this thread?

CadiGTi 05-09-2014 08:44 AM

Just this week I saw at least 15 2014 RLX's......on the roof of the Landmark Mall parking deck (Alexandria Va). Radley Acura keeps new car inventory here (as well as other local dlrs).

The sad thing is, most of these RLX's have been sitting since late last summer (all have old VA inspection tags). Lots of brake rotor corrosion.

A lot of Black Advance models, and a mix of other colors and trim...

And there is an endless sea of ILX's..........Time for Acura to have a "garage sale".....

I have noticed that low mile 2011 and 2012 RL's are commanding better prices than 2014 low mile RLX's....

2011TL 05-09-2014 09:51 AM

^^^
...and Radley's Northern Virginia competitor, Pohanka, has 19 in stock. None are in the showroom or the front lot where customers browse. All are kept out of sight in the back lot. I wonder if some dealers have already given up on the RLX?

George Knighton 05-09-2014 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by CadiGTi (Post 15002563)
Just this week I saw at least 15 2014 RLX's......on the roof of the Landmark Mall parking deck (Alexandria Va). Radley Acura keeps new car inventory here (as well as other local dlrs).

The sad thing is, most of these RLX's have been sitting since late last summer (all have old VA inspection tags). Lots of brake rotor corrosion.

A lot of Black Advance models, and a mix of other colors and trim...

And there is an endless sea of ILX's..........Time for Acura to have a "garage sale".....

I have noticed that low mile 2011 and 2012 RL's are commanding better prices than 2014 low mile RLX's....

Originally Posted by 2011TL (Post 15002670)
^^^
...and Radley's Northern Virginia competitor, Pohanka, has 19 in stock. None are in the showroom or the front lot where customers browse. All are kept out of sight in the back lot. I wonder if some dealers have already given up on the RLX?

No wonder I never see any around here. They have them all in long term storage.

It doesn't really make sense to me on the face of it because they are paying interest on them.

Must be some scheme that isn't obvious to us.

TSX69 05-11-2014 09:09 AM

Pewter

Just saw a Gilded Pewter in a parking lot (tech package) - now the only color I have not seen in person is the Pomegranate Pearl.

On a side note: I finally test drove 1 (and an MDX) & it was a nice ride. I also went to the MB & Infiniti dealership but they did not want me to test drive anything.

neuronbob 05-22-2014 06:06 PM

Just saw a black RLX PAWS on the freeway during my commute home. I was behind it, then passed it. This car looks handsomely good in person, in dark colors. :thumbsup:

getakey 05-22-2014 08:36 PM

just saw one 15 minutes ago
had to go to Sacramento today and in only 1 day I see an RLX. White with the RLX and PAWS badges removed
Only saw 4 in over a year in SF area

db22 05-23-2014 06:50 AM

I think I saw one but I wasn't sure.

TampaRLX-SH 05-23-2014 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by db22 (Post 15020428)
I think I saw one but I wasn't sure.

that was an Accord.

ReLaX 05-25-2014 04:23 AM

Besides mine I've seen one since the vehicle débuted. I saw a gentleman returning a loaner RLX the day I bought mine. That's it.

George Knighton 05-25-2014 10:32 AM

I'm sure my mouth fell open, but I saw a Black or Graphite one yesterday.

Ran into it on a back road around Bristersburg (VA).

Really surprised!!

db22 05-27-2014 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by George Knighton (Post 15022420)

Ran into it on a back road around Bristersburg (VA).

Really surprised!!

I bet he was pissed.

George Knighton 05-27-2014 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by db22 (Post 15023994)
I bet he was pissed.

LOL....

Seriously, it's possible I scared him. I was so surprised, I'm sure I drifted to the left.

R. White 03-23-2015 06:53 AM

I saw an RLX in the wild yesterday !

While out for a Sunday ride yesterday, an RLX went by heading in the opposite direction. It was the same color as mine -silver moon. Nice looking vehicle.

The last time that I saw an RLX on the road was about 18 months ago.

Maybe he or she was just passing through. I like having Western New England to myself.

I also saw a Tesla S yesterday. The first I have ever seen. I hope h/she had a fully charged battery. There are no super chargers within 150 miles !

neuronbob 03-23-2015 07:05 AM

A guy in a TSX tailed me, trying to keep up with me on the freeway on Saturday, then was looking the car over as he passed. Probably was as shocked as you that he saw a RLX, let never mind the hybrid, in the wild.

I don't mind being the only one around here, I guess.

George Knighton 03-23-2015 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by R. White (Post 15376517)
I also saw a Tesla S yesterday. The first I have ever seen. I hope h/she had a fully charged battery. There are no super chargers within 150 miles !

As long as you're normally driving under 200 miles/day, you can make do with the charging station that they show you how to build in your garage!

Range is less a problem with Tesla than it used to be. With the regular Model S, what *is* an ongoing problem is a lack of certain kinds of amenities when compared with other vehicles in the same price range.

That big iPad in the centre of the car seems all very advanced, but your RLX Advance has more driver friendly controls. Things like LKS and low speed follow ACC.

The quality of materials is not as good.

The seats do not adjust the way that you'll want if you've gone to a Tesla from another vehicle in the same price range.

Normal American adults will be uncomfortable in the back seats and might not have enough head room. I'm 6'2" and do not fit well in the back.

I thought I'd be a big fan of Tesla, but after driving one, it's not for me. Not until after Apple gets its hands on it, maybe. :-)

WhyteLegend 03-23-2015 07:52 AM

Many RLX and Telsa in Northeastern New England.