AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RLX (2013+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/)
-   -   RLX Sightings (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/rlx-sightings-886399/)

justnspace 05-14-2013 01:37 PM

Glad you all love my photos!
i'll have to drive with my DSLR more often!

getakey 05-14-2013 02:55 PM

I cannot believe that I still have not seen one. I live in SF Bay area and there are tons of Acuras. My commute is 45 minutes each way to see a lot of cars everyday. Also, over the weekend we drive up to wine country driving through busy SF. 2 hours of driving each way - no RLX.

jhr3uva90 05-14-2013 03:40 PM

Maybe people are waiting for the hybrid.

getakey 05-19-2013 08:56 PM

over 2 months and still no sighting.
I have been extra observant and I can report the following (for SF Bay area)
By far, the most cars of any single model is a Prius. I'm not sure anything else is even close.
In terms of luxery brands, Lexus is the top by far. I'd say BMW is 2nd, MB 3rd.
Acura might just nudge out Infinity. If you include SUVs, its Acura for sure over Infinity.

KeithL 05-20-2013 05:15 AM

After a year and over 200K Accords sold I know only see the new Accord almost every day. There are only about 700 RLXs on the road, going to be very rare for a while.

getakey 05-20-2013 12:32 PM

I guess my observation on Prius was right

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/ca...t-gas-mileage/

jwong77 05-21-2013 03:37 PM

I've seen my first one yesterday in Santa Clara near Stevens Creek Blvd. Not sure if it was a dealer test drive or not, since it didn't have plates and is only a few miles away from the nearest Acura dealer.

Maybe my eyes need checking but from the rear, it looks alot like a 2010-2012 E-class.

justnspace 05-21-2013 03:40 PM

I saw another white one this morning.
different part of town, so not sure if it was the same one

es466 05-21-2013 08:26 PM

I saw one yesterday parked in a far off corner of the parking lot outside the City-County Building in downtown Indianapolis.... it was black on black. At first glance, I thought it was an Accord.

colindunn 05-21-2013 11:26 PM

I've seen two in the west Chicago suburbs. both black.

jwong77 05-22-2013 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 14491735)
I saw another white one this morning.
different part of town, so not sure if it was the same one

The one I saw was a gold color. Maybe they sold two?

Malibu Flyer 05-23-2013 05:56 PM

More Tesla's than RLX

I have yet to see an RLX in Southern California but have seen at least two dozen Tesla S's.

getakey 05-23-2013 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Malibu Flyer (Post 14495914)
I have yet to see an RLX in Southern California but have seen at least two dozen Tesla S's.

Same exact thing in SF Bay Area.

JT4 05-24-2013 09:40 AM

I just saw my second one this morning, another GL this one was a tech car. The first one I saw was a base.

neuronbob 05-25-2013 08:29 AM

Still haven't seen a single one, and I am looking out for them. I am still seeing ILXs all over the place here, though.

noobie 05-26-2013 04:20 PM

I haven't seen one yet either. I went to the dealer to see one today, but couldn't really find one. Actually I went to the parts counter to buy some fluid for my MDX. I walk through the showroom, no RLX. OK walk outside and, no RLX. A bunch of TSX, TL, MDX, RDX and a couple ILX. Their inventory shows 17, I think they were all in the back lot. Wasn't about to bother to walk back there.

How do you expect to sell any when you don't even show them :whyme:

This is supposed to be the largest Acura dealer in the region.

2011TL 05-26-2013 08:46 PM

noobie,

I was at Pohanka this past Tuesday for TL service. There was a white Krell in the showroom, and black Advance and silver moon Tech outside.

Haven't seen one in the wild in northern VA either.

2011TL 06-04-2013 05:14 PM

I have still not seen an RLX in northern VA, but saw two Tesla's in Reston Town Center today.

lumpulus 06-04-2013 06:47 PM

I work about a mile from the local Dealership...was in there quite a bit over the last week and they have 2 Black ones...I sat in the one they have in the showroom and it's pretty much the same inside(for the most part) as my '06 RL.(which is not a bad thing)

I had a lengthy conversation with the Generall Manager there, a really nice guy who is an ENTHUSIAST and very knowledgeable, and he was very upfront and honest about how they had to bend over backwards to sell Acuras with the "Power Plenum" beak, offering 3 different painting options at NO CHARGE if you bought at the dealership....I think that says it all.

getakey 06-04-2013 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2011TL (Post 14514189)
I have still not seen an RLX in northern VA, but saw two Tesla's in Reston Town Center today.

still have not seen one here (SF Bay area) either, but see Teslas all the time now.
Yesterday I saw 2 one right in front of the other. I know they were not "related" because the 2nd one just turned from a side road behind the first one.

There are 3 in my broad neighborhood.

I keep thinking today is going to be the day I see an RLX, but no

db22 06-05-2013 08:51 AM

I live in Southern California where there are more cars than in most countries, I drive 45 miles per day and have still not seen an RLX on the road.

getakey 06-05-2013 02:35 PM

I guess this is why we are seeing a lot of Teslas

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/13/auto...udi/index.html

Colin 06-05-2013 02:40 PM

^^ Somehow, I don't expect to see as many in more affluent areas. This car simply doesn't pack enough 'snob' appeal if money is no object.

getakey 06-05-2013 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 14516031)
^^ Somehow, I don't expect to see as many in more affluent areas. This car simply doesn't pack enough 'snob' appeal if money is no object.

there are affluent areas in both NorCal and SoCal, but there is just a lot of other people as well. I would think both areas are target markets for Acura.
We have 12 Dealers!

Colin 06-05-2013 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by getakey (Post 14516049)
there are affluent areas in both NorCal and SoCal, but there is just a lot of other people as well. I would think both areas are target markets for Acura.
We have 12 Dealers!

They're surely a target market for Acura but I'm thinking specifically RLX.

getakey 06-05-2013 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 14516101)
They're surely a target market for Acura but I'm thinking specifically RLX.

That too. I think I said before NorCal is perfect for PAWS RLX. No snow, lots of "techies", good salaries. If the RLX can't make it in SF area, I don't see where it can

Colin 06-05-2013 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by getakey (Post 14516120)
That too. I think I said before NorCal is perfect for PAWS RLX. No snow, lots of "techies", good salaries. If the RLX can't make it in SF area, I don't see where it can

That's the funny thing, I think there is too much salary there. If I were dotcom gabillionaire I'm not sure that Acura (as a brand in general) would be on my list? Maybe the Hybrid for the statement it makes?

It sure is tough to put your finger on it. We seem to be the perfect place for RLX. As you noted, no snow, moderate to high(ish) salaries and a buyer culture that is somewhat 'Asian' in the desire to be 'humble'. Of course, like the Bay Area, we also have a ridiculously high cost of living so traditional Acura values play strong here.

getakey 06-05-2013 03:27 PM

Plenty of non-gabillionaires here.
I see lots of Hundai Genesis. No snob appeal there
I'm sure hybrid will get attention as do all hybrids and EVs do here. I would bet that there are more hybrids in Calif then the rest of the country

Colin 06-05-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by getakey (Post 14516149)
Plenty of non-gabillionaires here.
I see lots of Hundai Genesis. No snob appeal there
I'm sure hybrid will get attention as do all hybrids and EVs do here. I would bet that there are more hybrids in Calif then the rest of the country

Well, there is no way to know for sure, its only my theory. :thumbsup: Could the dealers have the wrong model mix for your area? I know we sold all our 'expensive' RLXs (and have two outstanding orders) and have 4 each base and Navi. I think we have 13 sold so far.

getakey 06-05-2013 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 14516362)
Well, there is no way to know for sure, its only my theory. :thumbsup: Could the dealers have the wrong model mix for your area? I know we sold all our 'expensive' RLXs (and have two outstanding orders) and have 4 each base and Navi. I think we have 13 sold so far.

At least you are doing your share!
Looks like most of the Dealers here do not have the expensive trims as well. That may be the primary problem.
My Dealer has 3 Base and 1 Navi. Have had that mix for several weeks now.

I think I recall reading that Tesla stopped producing their lowest Trim package.

Colin 06-05-2013 05:23 PM

This generally matches production. The first month was mostly Tech/Advance and the second all Base/Navi. I think they're back to Tech/Advance now.

getakey 06-05-2013 05:27 PM

oops - I just looked again
its 3 Navi, 1 Tech

Colin 06-05-2013 08:08 PM

I wonder if the Tech is some whackadoodle color like Pomegranate Red or Crystal Black with Parchment?

getakey 06-06-2013 11:31 AM

Just checked, its Bellanova White Pearl

The Dealer that seems to be selling the most, that is, I've seen their inventory go up and down the most, has 4 Techs, 3 Base.

getakey 06-07-2013 11:03 AM

Still no RLX
I made a point of counting the number of Teslas on my commute home last night. In a 45 minute commute I saw 6 Tesla S's.
Now in a strange coincidence, I wake up this morning and my neighbor across the street has a new Tesla parked in his drive-way. He gets a new lease every 2 years. Went from Jaguar XF to the Tesla

TSX69 06-07-2013 12:16 PM

Inventory

Still have only seen 2 in the wild here.

Not going so far as to say sales would be better with more inventory but my 3 local dealers all had 5 at most during any given time and most were advance/tech - have yet to see a base. Currently, they have 0, 2 & 3 in stock. No advances left - which is surprising to me as it is the most expensive.

I have been waiting for a black/black advance but the nearest so far has been 225 miles away at Pohanka Acura.

Cannot help but to think if they reduced the # of trims, each dealership would get a better selection overall. I still think that the navi & tech should be combined & the Krell & advance - leaving only 3 trim levels. I am afraid to see what the selection on the lots will be like once the SH-SH-AWD model hits, assuming there is more than 1 trim of it.

I do suspect, that they are purposely keeping inventory low to avoid having to do deep discounts to clear them off the lots (the opposite of what is going on with the ILX).

getakey 06-14-2013 12:57 PM

Still no sighting, but Looks like my Dealer sold a couple as their inventory is down a bit.
They now have 1 Tech and a few Navi. They have not had any Advance or Krell since in over a month
Same with other dealers I spot checked. Only base, navi, and a few tech in inventory

getakey 06-21-2013 02:10 PM

just checked inventory again
the dealer that appears to be selling the most got rewarded. They now have
3 Base
2 Advance
2 Nav
6 Tech

Most inventory I've seen anywhere

Colin 06-21-2013 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by getakey (Post 14543552)
just checked inventory again
the dealer that appears to be selling the most got rewarded.

This is exactly how it works. Acura calls it MOVE for Market Oriented Vehicle Environment. Cars are allocated to dealers selling them. There is some formula that combines volume with how quickly they're sold. Yesterday I delivered a RLX-N and it was our second to the last RLX. Today's boat brought 9 more so we're back to 10 on hand. :thumbsup: Two of these were presold so we'll settle back to 8 by this weekend.

getakey 06-21-2013 02:37 PM

what's interesting is that all the Dealers in my area put the MSRP for the cars on their website except for this Dealer. They put "Call Us"