RLX Sales

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by George Knighton

It is just amazing that GM sold something like 37,000 units of that awful Cadillac XTS in such a short time, and it is maddening that people are critical of the RLX's interfaces when Cadillac CUE (which is just awful) is selling so well.
Awful?? Do yourself a favor and test drive as soon as possible an XTS V-Sport AWD....that car is anything but awful....I don't know if they updated the CUE system for 2014 but I did find the system it very responsive, intuitive and visually awesome.

Power delivery is intoxicating, fit and finish top notch, and luxury appearance is a step above the RLX. Road manners are excellent despite the size and FWD architecture.

Incredible if you consider that the XTS is based on the same platform of a 25K Impala....

Cadillac did not chickened out on their edgy styling like Acura did after the 4G TL...Acura was so scared off that they did come up with that turd on wheels called RLX where Cadillac pressed on and finally their design is gaining wider acceptance.

The XTS is way more interesting that the RLX will ever be....and we are not even touching the incredible CTS which is the real flagship at the moment despite being smaller.

Cadillac is planning a 7 Series S Class competitor.

I'm seriously considering trading my 4G TL for a Cadillac next time....Acura has ton of learning to do from Cadillac....sad but true....

A merciless (for Acura) comparison betwen the XTS and the RLX....original design vs. a Lexus-ish-BMW-ish badly made concoction...turd on wheels indeed....

Last edited by saturno_v; 01-14-2014 at 01:32 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by saturno_v:
GoHawks (01-14-2014), jwong77 (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014, 04:34 PM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
I, too, do not care for the XTS design/lines. GM has stepped up the design factor with the newer Caddys but I am still favoring the RLX.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by saturno_v
Awful?? Do yourself a favor and test drive as soon as possible an XTS V-Sport AWD....that car is anything but awful....I don't know if they updated the CUE system for 2014 but I did find the system it very responsive, intuitive and visually awesome.
The VSport was not available when I tested the XTS. It is not the version of which I spoke, but it's hard to believe that the VSport motor enhances Cadillac's reliability in relation to Acura.

Regardless, I apologize that what I said appears to have provoked you.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
The VSport was not available when I tested the XTS. It is not the version of which I spoke, but it's hard to believe that the VSport motor enhances Cadillac's reliability in relation to Acura.

No I do apologize if I may have come out strongly...it's just maddening because Acura seems in a world of denial...they have the technical ability to make truly standout cars.

Long term reliability unfortunately do not sell anymore in the luxury segment....the vast majority of "purchases" nowadays are leases, then the second owner, when the car come out of lease, get some sort of CPO official warranty and...good luck to the third owner!!

This is the current business model in the premium car space....your average Caddy, Audi, BMW or MB owner is not going to stick around the same car for 5 years....so he/she wants all the latest technical gizmos, the bling and the sexy sheetmetal....who cares about the car developing electronic nightmares years down the road....
The following 2 users liked this post by saturno_v:
George Knighton (01-18-2014), GoHawks (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
No I do apologize if I may have come out strongly...
It refreshing to have politeness on a forum these days! Thank you both for the courtesy.
The following 5 users liked this post by Colin:
Acura_Dude (01-14-2014), GoHawks (01-14-2014), HeartTLs (03-10-2014), jwong77 (01-21-2014), neuronbob (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Hate to say it, but Cadi has halfway decent reliability nowadays.

My first V had fewer problems than my 2G RL and was running like a top when I gave it up at 45k miles. My current V turns over 18k miles tomorrow (I drive it a lot!) and no unexpected visits to the dealer at all, not even one. This particular platform has multiple 100k examples on the V forums. Imagine that, a reliable supercar!

CUE, however, suuuuuuucks. I've had an XTS as a loaner and I would not touch that boringmobile with a ten-foot pole. And try to change the climate control while the car is moving. I dare you. I swear, they should have just licensed the iPad touch sensitive screens as CUE is UGH. Give it a couple of generations and it should be OK, though, just like BMW's iDrive took a couple of generations to get it right.

On reliability, I'd still bet on Acuras being more reliable over the long term, and the data seems to back that up. Even with that, Acuras have lacked excitement for the last several years. The new TLX prototype has changed that at least some. THAT is a handsome car. Seeing that, I wish the RLX had some of that sharp, emotional styling.

It's easy to tell what people who can spend $70 large on a car want. I am such a person and I can tell you that I want great tech and a great look, as well as the ability for exuberant acceleration. After seeing the TLX, I see that Acura hid their "A" styling talent and kept them working on the TLX instead of the RLX. The drivetrains offered are potentially entertaining. We'll see what happens as more final specs for the TLX are released.....so far I am smitten by the TLX. And I won't have to spend $70k to get it.

Last edited by neuronbob; 01-14-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:21 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
No I do apologize if I may have come out strongly...it's just maddening because Acura seems in a world of denial...they have the technical ability to make truly standout cars.

Long term reliability unfortunately do not sell anymore in the luxury segment....the vast majority of "purchases" nowadays are leases, then the second owner, when the car come out of lease, get some sort of CPO official warranty and...good luck to the third owner!!

This is the current business model in the premium car space....your average Caddy, Audi, BMW or MB owner is not going to stick around the same car for 5 years....so he/she wants all the latest technical gizmos, the bling and the sexy sheetmetal....who cares about the car developing electronic nightmares years down the road....
Completely agree with this post and your prior one! Well said!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:30 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
TLX
Old 01-18-2014, 05:40 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Not to pick at a scab, and in due deference to Neuronbob's love affair with V-cars, my wife owned a long string of Caddy's through the years, and I owned two of them myself ... and neither of us would own another one.

The initial pricing is silly (just look at how even a lowly ATS can easily run close to $60,000 and a mid-size CTS can top $75,000), and when it comes time for a trade, they strangely seem to be worth next-to-nothing. Parts and service are goofy high, so like a Mercedes, you'd best not keep them past the warranty period.

Their electronics are still questionable - CUE sucks and Caddy's are known for strange, uncomfortable and inexplicable lapses, like the one that once left us stranded in the high desert of New Mexico, far from any source of help. That same glitch wouldn't show itself to a service tech, but after stranding us two more times they finally replaced the BCM and got it working long enough for us to trade it.

Yes, with yours and my tax dollars and the help of allies in the motoring press, they finally have elevated Cadillac to normal-car status (and the car mag guys still seem to be amazed at that). But they left me far behind them. Origami styling and pricey TV and magazine advertisements notwithstanding, a Caddy will not darken my driveway again.

Last edited by Mike_TX; 01-18-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:35 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
I just saw this thread tonight- my wife's ride is a 2012 SRX (so without CUE, which is fine with us). The car has been perfect in the 18,000 miles she's owned it, so I would have no issue getting a second Cadillac. In days long past, Cadillacs were crap, but we had an 06 CTS that was very reliable, prompting us to get the SRX, and we've been very satisfied with it.

In the new Acura lineup, the only car I can see myself getting is a TLX (I think it will sell well), but the ILX and RLX probably won't see remarkable sales numbers.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:53 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Not to pick at a scab, and in due deference to Neuronbob's love affair with V-cars, my wife owned a long string of Caddy's through the years, and I owned two of them myself ... and neither of us would own another one.

The initial pricing is silly (just look at how even a lowly ATS can easily run close to $60,000 and a mid-size CTS can top $75,000), and when it comes time for a trade, they strangely seem to be worth next-to-nothing. Parts and service are goofy high, so like a Mercedes, you'd best not keep them past the warranty period.

Their electronics are still questionable - CUE sucks and Caddy's are known for strange, uncomfortable and inexplicable lapses, like the one that once left us stranded in the high desert of New Mexico, far from any source of help. That same glitch wouldn't show itself to a service tech, but after stranding us two more times they finally replaced the BCM and got it working long enough for us to trade it.

Yes, with yours and my tax dollars and the help of allies in the motoring press, they finally have elevated Cadillac to normal-car status (and the car mag guys still seem to be amazed at that). But they left me far behind them. Origami styling and pricey TV and magazine advertisements notwithstanding, a Caddy will not darken my driveway again.

The post bankruptcy Caddys seem to have elevated their game.

I will say though that the electronics in my '06 RL were still better thought out than those in my '12 CTS coupe and '12 CTS-V coupe.

With that said thought, in the same in the first 22K miles of ownership, my '12 CTS coupe visited the dealer less times than my RL did during the same time.m

Long term reliability, admittedly, may be a different story, but I traded it in for a V coupe so I won't know.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mike_TX

I admit my love affair with the V-series. I understand what torque is after 20 years of owning Hondas. It is addicting. As far as current pricing, even Cadi owners are complaining about the Germanesque pricing of the new offerings. There are rumors that the new CTS-V will be north of $90k. I really don't care, I'm keeping my unicorn. How many opulent blue 6MT CTS-Vs were built? I can't tell you, but it wasn't many; only 416 V wagons overall were built in 2013.

Back on topic, I would love to see Acura build some more excitement about the RLX. One step I noted was from my visit to the Detroit Auto Show yesterday. Acura had a nicely done booklet, more than half of which was about the new tech coming to the RLX. I'll have to scan it in my copious (LOL) free time to show you guys. It's a well-done (to me) piece. They had a Sport Hybrid RLX available to sit in, and people were genuinely curious about that car--it was decently attended during my visit to the Acura display.

Last edited by neuronbob; 01-19-2014 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Grandpa

This is the current business model in the premium car space....
I've been thinking about this ever since you said it.

I wish I could lease, but I drive too much for leases to be reasonable. I drive about twice the national average and the miles pile up quickly.

I still think in terms of long term livability and reliability for 100,000 miles.

But...I guess I'm in the minority.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Grandpa

Compared to the Cadillac, I think that looks pretty good.

It's funny that they tried like hell to find a way to mitigate the high nose of the 4G TL for which they were so criticized. They produced a completely "normal" looking Honda, and now they're being criticized that it's not distinctive enough.

Originally Posted by miner
I, too, do not care for the XTS design/lines. GM has stepped up the design factor with the newer Caddys but I am still favoring the RLX.
Yes, GM has stepped it up and they're obviously doing a better job with the public than Lincoln is doing. I have to wonder if Lincoln is going to disappear as a unique brand sometime the next couple of years.

The Audi A6 almost got me. (For one thing, it had the only electronics system that I thought rivaled and in some ways bettered the RLX's.) But to get one equipped like the equivalent of the RLX Advance, I'd have spent many thousands more than I did.

The Cadillac XTS was much less a competitor in my eyes, but at least they're doing well enough to make me look at them. When I bought my last Acura in December 2009, I didn't even look at Cadillac!

And as I said, I still have to worry about reliability more than Saturno says is typical of purchasers in the class.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Arrow 420

02/03/2014 - TORRANCE, Calif.
Acura light truck sales post 37.1% increase to set new January record
MDX sales rise more than 64%; RDX sales up for 21st consecutive month
Honda Odyssey posts 16.6% increase; CR-V sales up 2.4%
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported January 2014 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 91,631 units, a decrease of 2.1% vs. the same period last year amid record cold weather that affected industry sales in many parts of the U.S. Led by a strong lineup of all-weather SUVs, the Acura Division gained substantially in January, with sales up 14.1% for a total of 10,823 for the month. The Honda Division recorded sales of 80,808.

Honda
Record cold weather in several of Honda's stronghold markets in Eastern and Midwestern parts of the country helped cool sales across the board in the 1st month of the year. Despite the chill, both Civic and Accord managed to top 20,000 units while the award-winning Odyssey posted a double-digit increase. CR-V also recorded a January rise.
The Civic was the best-selling Honda model in January with 21,824 sales.
Odyssey showed the brand's biggest gain, up 16.6% on sales of 7,879.
CR-V posted 18,232 sales, an increase of 2.4%
"After a hot sales year in 2013 that saw the CR-V join Accord and Civic as the 3rd Honda vehicle to sell more than 300,000 for the 1st time in our history, January's foul weather cooled things a bit," said John Mendel, executive vice president of automobile sales at American Honda. "We look forward to a warming trend, especially as new products like the updated 2014 Civic Si and the all-new 2015 Fit join the lineup this year."

Acura
Acura light truck sales extended a remarkable run, setting a 4th straight monthly record.
MDX also continued its exceptionally strong sales pace with a 64.7% increase for its best January ever.
RDX claimed its 21st consecutive monthly record, adding 9.7% for another January record
"Even the frigid January weather couldn't stop the all-wheel-drive MDX and RDX from posting another record sales month," said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura Sales. "Acura is starting the year on strong footing that will get even stronger when the RLX Sport Hybrid and all-new TLX luxury sport sedan go on sale later this year."
The following 3 users liked this post by TSX69:
Malibu Flyer (02-03-2014), miner (02-03-2014), neuronbob (02-03-2014)
Old 02-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Grandpa

Well.

As rare as the RLX is, I guess if it is 3100% up, we can count it as some kind of success.

:-)
Old 03-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
February RLX Sales & Acura Sedan Planning

RLX @ 371. And lead developer of the 2004 TL Erik Berkman is named to drive business focus on the Acura brand image and sedan line up....

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...an-sales-fall#
The following users liked this post:
neuronbob (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ Thanks for the interesting read. What is not so interesting to read is the dumb comments people leave on the bottom of these articles. I wish there would be an IQ before you could subscribe to an internet forum or leave comments....that would eliminate many of the stupid and repetitive comments people make.....
Old 03-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by weather
^^ Thanks for the interesting read. What is not so interesting to read is the dumb comments people leave on the bottom of these articles. I wish there would be an IQ before you could subscribe to an internet forum or leave comments....that would eliminate many of the stupid and repetitive comments people make.....
Agreed.

The internet is a powerful tool with freedom for cowards to spew ugliness they have no courage to say in person or justify.

In some ways, the internet & modern telecommunications (blogs, Facebook, texting) have spawned an ugly culture who attacks rather than praises, criticizes without balance, consumes without contribution and pollutes any positive experience. People so small and so wasteful of time they can only feel empowered by the intangible. They only can falsely build self esteem by tearing down others. We all critique, but hopefully with making valid arguments.

They hide behind 'being entitled to opinion' or 'just being truthful', but civilized people exercise filters on their output and should always first ask themselves.....does anybody actually care what I think? And if they are not clever enough to answer that responsibly, I can help them out by advising..... No.

A simple way to measure the value of these noise makers is to charge them to post....we will then see how valuable their opinion truly is.

The following 11 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
2011TL (03-04-2014), a35tl (03-04-2014), GoHawks (03-04-2014), HeartTLs (03-10-2014), hondamore (03-04-2014), jhr3uva90 (03-03-2014), JM2010 SH-AWD (03-03-2014), mr2core (03-16-2014), terdonal (03-04-2014), Tonyware (04-01-2014), weather (03-03-2014) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
Funny how the commenters on those other sites don't seem to understand the difference between unit sales and profits.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts

Exactly. Wish I hadn't wasted 5 minutes of my life doing that. Loved the one from the genius who said the key for Acura was to return to the DWB suspension. Nice.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
A change in leadership and a renewed focus is exactly what Acura needs right now, the company has done a great job with SUV's for the most part and why sales and loyalty are leading the brand.

In regards to sedans the brand has lost it's way, the ILX, 4G TL and 3G RLX are all examples as to why their current sales are an issue.
Their sedan line up just doesn't cut it in a luxury segment which has become very competitive with lots of choices out there right now.

The ILX is a great looking car but a 150hp engine?

The design of the 4G TL was a disaster from the beginning regardless of the few loyal buyers who stuck with the model, the later design changes were just a bandaid.

The RLX is definitely a big step beyond the last model in many respects but the styling is way too conservative in my view, couple that with no AWD and a power train that offers no significant improvement and you end up with declining sales volume since it's release.

I'm a little late to this thread but I've been a loyal Acura customer for over 20 years and had to chime in, the brand used to offer cutting edge design and technology and a sportiness other luxury brands couldn't offer for the money.

I have a 2014 RDX and love it, my ILX not so much but it's a lease and will be gone a year from now.
I hope the TLX is everything we are hoping for and then some, if not it may be time to look elsewhere, we'll see.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:01 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

I just saw an Acura commercial for the RLX SHAWD. It was a shortened version of the 'Race' commercial from Superbowl but only showed the RLX SHAWD.

We must be close to official release.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Saw an ad for a local dealer now offering an RLX base for $399/month with $2699 down. Not my cup of tea as I'd want at least a tech version but certainly a great car for a decent payment. They must really be trying to boost sales.

Last edited by Oswald Vater; 03-10-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Oswald Vater
Saw an ad for a local dealer now offering an RLX base for $399/month with $2699 down. Not my cup of tea as I'd want at least a tech version but certainly a great car for a decent payment. They must really be trying to boost sales.
They've got this at one of my local dealers, too. I'd want a tech version, too, so no go.
The following users liked this post:
Oswald Vater (03-11-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaRL
Agreed.

The internet is a powerful tool with freedom for cowards to spew ugliness they have no courage to say in person or justify.

In some ways, the internet & modern telecommunications (blogs, Facebook, texting) have spawned an ugly culture who attacks rather than praises, criticizes without balance, consumes without contribution and pollutes any positive experience. People so small and so wasteful of time they can only feel empowered by the intangible. They only can falsely build self esteem by tearing down others. We all critique, but hopefully with making valid arguments.

They hide behind 'being entitled to opinion' or 'just being truthful', but civilized people exercise filters on their output and should always first ask themselves.....does anybody actually care what I think? And if they are not clever enough to answer that responsibly, I can help them out by advising..... No.

A simple way to measure the value of these noise makers is to charge them to post....we will then see how valuable their opinion truly is.

Wow, what a post !
Old 03-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by TampaRL
Agreed.

I like it!!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Where's TSX69 when you need him?

There's a new memo line for the RLX Sport Hybrid.....it is coming really really soon.

The following 2 users liked this post by neuronbob:
hadokenuh (04-01-2014), TSX69 (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

No worries TSX69, you contribute more to this forum with all factual info.

Bob is only on his game now because he is under the influence of 'shiny metal things' fever.
The following 2 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
neuronbob (04-01-2014), TSX69 (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
I must have been #387
Old 04-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Unhappy RLX #s

Today has been a crazy day so only now starting to look at the #s for last month. Sadly, I think that it will be downhill from here as the RLX will surely be in the negative (year to year) alongside the ILX, TSX & TL ... especially that month they sold ~800. Even if the hybrid sells the projected 10%, that only adds ~30/month.

Already @ the bottom of the class (altho I cannot find the #s it probably sold more than Volvo or Jaguar) so I guess the ~$10k off really did not help boost sales much.
Eclass 6,335 +58%
5series 3,865 -27.2%
CTS 2,918 +4.6%
GS 2,484 +37.1%
XTS 2,126 -30.5%
A6 2,212 +26.7%
MKS 1,034 +11.9%
M line 646 +.8%
RLX 387 +16.8%
Sadly, I doubt an emergency refresh is on the horizon. Acura usually just reshuffles features to add value like they did for the RL, ILX & ZDX.

Last edited by TSX69; 04-01-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Dealer gave me a RLX loaner for 4 days while they put new rear struts on my ILX. I think they wanted me to buy it. After 4 days I would rather have my ILX and I want to trade my ILX . I feel the RLX should have a MSRP of about $42k with nav and then be discounted another $5k to sell them. But even at that I think a Lexus ES350 is a better value. JMHO
Old 04-02-2014, 05:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX69
Today has been a crazy day so only now starting to look at the #s for last month. Sadly, I think that it will be downhill from here as the RLX will surely be in the negative (year to year) alongside the ILX, TSX & TL ... especially that month they sold ~800. Even if the hybrid sells the projected 10%, that only adds ~30/month.

Already @ the bottom of the class (altho I cannot find the #s it probably sold more than Volvo or Jaguar) so I guess the ~$10k off really did not help boost sales much.
Eclass 6,335 +58%
5series 3,865 -27.2%
CTS 2,918 +4.6%
GS 2,484 +37.1%
XTS 2,126 -30.5%
A6 2,212 +26.7%
MKS 1,034 +11.9%
M line 646 +.8%
RLX 387 +16.8%
Sadly, I doubt an emergency refresh is on the horizon. Acura usually just reshuffles features to add value like they did for the RL, ILX & ZDX.
Sad that an outdated MKS sells more than double. Acura's car line is in sad shape. The TLX will help, but that still leaves nothing on the low or top end.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I agree.....Acura needs to take their sedans seriously. The NY autoshow will give us an idea on whether or not they are serious about take the "bull by the horn" and fixing some of the problems with their sedans.

If they manage to get their TLX to be a success, and we all know what is needed for that to happen, then they need to tackle the RLX and the ILX.

The ILX MMC will need the 2.4 across the board (auto and manual) with a noise free suspension. The RLX will need to have a quick refresh "a la civic" to address some of its styling cues. Better wheels would be a great start.....
Old 04-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Instructor

^^ I agree.....Acura needs to take their sedans seriously. The NY autoshow will give us an idea on whether or not they are serious about take the "bull by the horn" and fixing some of the problems with their sedans.

If they manage to get their TLX to be a success, and we all know what is needed for that to happen, then they need to tackle the RLX and the ILX.

The ILX MMC will need the 2.4 across the board (auto and manual) with a noise free suspension. The RLX will need to have a quick refresh "a la civic" to address some of its styling cues. Better wheels would be a great start.....
Also add some road noise insulation to the ILX
Old 04-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Pitbull11
Dealer gave me a RLX loaner for 4 days while they put new rear struts on my ILX. I think they wanted me to buy it. After 4 days I would rather have my ILX and I want to trade my ILX . I feel the RLX should have a MSRP of about $42k with nav and then be discounted another $5k to sell them. But even at that I think a Lexus ES350 is a better value. JMHO
Lexus ES350? Not even in the same class as an RLX
Old 04-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by getakey
Lexus ES350? Not even in the same class as an RLX
Drive both cars like I have and you will change your mind. I think a lot of buyers feel this way based on the RLX sales volume, with discounts down to $43k, they still have only sold a few hundred this year. If you are talking size they are within a couple of inches of each other, exterior and interior. Plus the ES350 in my opinion is way better looking and looks like a more expensive vehicle.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts

The seem to only want to do so-so. The lack of a Type-S in the line up is basically the only car in the class (other than Lexus ES) that does not come in a "Sport" variant of some type. And the SH-AWD RLX is a joke, sure it is nice on paper, but really, look a the GS F-Sport or M5 or even a M37S, ad some differentiation to the dam car.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Senior Moderator

^^^
Sport Hybrid=massive sleeper but I get your point. Sportier wheels would have been nice, or a mild body kit (ala A-Spec), or something.

Mayhap the new leadership at HPD will cook something up with enough interest.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Pitbull11
Drive both cars like I have and you will change your mind. I think a lot of buyers feel this way based on the RLX sales volume, with discounts down to $43k, they still have only sold a few hundred this year. If you are talking size they are within a couple of inches of each other, exterior and interior. Plus the ES350 in my opinion is way better looking and looks like a more expensive vehicle.
personally, Lexus styling has never done it for me

But, I still can't put ES in same class. that's like saying the ES is same as GS. ES and GS are closer in size than ES to RLX
The following 2 users liked this post by getakey:
hondamore (04-02-2014), JonFo (05-10-2014)

Quick Reply: RLX Sales