RLX Ride and Drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
RLX Ride and Drive

Well, I've been to a few of these before, and now it's time to get ready for another. Flying from Honolulu to Phoenix to check out the RLX. Hard to believe, but I've been to CL, RSX, TSX, TL, RL, RDX introductions through the years.

I'll try to post updates to my site or to twitter (colinsato) and to my YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/ColinAtAcura (I am working to migrate my older Acura and car related videos here)
Old 01-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
Should be a fun time. We have these in both Phoenix and Atlanta this month and next for the RLX dealer intro. Compare to competitors, learn the RLX, and experience the drive.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by beach109
Should be a fun time. We have these in both Phoenix and Atlanta this month and next for the RLX dealer intro. Compare to competitors, learn the RLX, and experience the drive.
We're set for Thursday at the track but because of our travel times, we're leaving tomorrow. Are you going to be there this week?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Colin
We're set for Thursday at the track but because of our travel times, we're leaving tomorrow. Are you going to be there this week?
I am in the northeast, and our destination is Atlanta.

I am headed to Atlanta on Sunday the 10th of February, will be driving that Monday then back to PA Monday night.

Interesting overlap, as our first 2 RLX's are scheduled to arrive at our store between the 9th-13th.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I'm assuming all dealers are getting their cars by 2/15 since there seems to be an embargo on writing about the driving impressions that ends on 2/15.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by KeithL
I'm assuming all dealers are getting their cars by 2/15 since there seems to be an embargo on writing about the driving impressions that ends on 2/15.
I believe that is the general idea. However I think the 15th date is the press embargo date, because they have only recently had an opportunity to drive the cars. I think Acura wanted to 'protect' their reviews.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Racer

Colin, how did your RLX testing go?

I will be flying south next weekend, and interested to hear.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Colin, how did your RLX testing go?

I will be flying south next weekend, and interested to hear.
We're embargo'd but I have posted my thoughts on the car in general:
http://www.satoauto.com/acura-cars/2...xperience.html
The following 2 users liked this post by Colin:
hondamore (02-04-2013), TonyCD (02-13-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Racer

Great to see.

Ready to drive and test this myself, and learn more about the intricacies in detail from Acura. Just hope my weekend doing so in Atlanta stays dry, without the rain predicted...as good of a wet weather test as that may be.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Great to see.

Ready to drive and test this myself, and learn more about the intricacies in detail from Acura. Just hope my weekend doing so in Atlanta stays dry, without the rain predicted...as good of a wet weather test as that may be.
Considering how many TLs I have bought, most from the same dealer I am surprised they have not reached out to me to let me know when the RLX is coming in. I am curious to hear about the Atlanta events so I can check the RLX out myself. I hope it presents itself better in person than in pics as nothing in the pics has me yearning for the car.
The following users liked this post:
MIKEYDRED (02-07-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Considering how many TLs I have bought, most from the same dealer I am surprised they have not reached out to me to let me know when the RLX is coming in. I am curious to hear about the Atlanta events so I can check the RLX out myself. I hope it presents itself better in person than in pics as nothing in the pics has me yearning for the car.
Since our return from the event, we have been discussing our marketing plan for this vehicle. Suffice to say we haven't arrived at a definitive answer yet. We do agree that when we have something for people to see we will reach out to current RL owners for sure. TL, MDX, and multiple Acura households would also be on the list.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Since our return from the event, we have been discussing our marketing plan for this vehicle. Suffice to say we haven't arrived at a definitive answer yet. We do agree that when we have something for people to see we will reach out to current RL owners for sure. TL, MDX, and multiple Acura households would also be on the list.
Acura as a whole is missing the boat, they send me info on TLs I have long since gotten rid of, so they know I own multiple TLs, they should have sent our mass mailings to TL and higher owners at least announcing the car, start to perk the curiosity. I bet most Acura owners don't even know the RLX is coming.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Acura as a whole is missing the boat, they send me info on TLs I have long since gotten rid of, so they know I own multiple TLs, they should have sent our mass mailings to TL and higher owners at least announcing the car, start to perk the curiosity. I bet most Acura owners don't even know the RLX is coming.
I've gotten emails from Acura about the RLX. Plus it was in the last issue of Acura Style.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
Yes, there was a very nice write up on the RLX in the last edition of Acura Style (which I really like, BTW). I assume everyone who has purchased a new Acura gets that publication.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
A bigger question in my mind is how do dealers stock this car? With so many possible combinations of trims and colors you are going to have to narrow it down dramatically. I'd assume there will be no or very few base cars made. If someone is going to spend that kind of money they'll want options. And what colors?? Or will all RLX's be ordered and need to be shipped to dealers? I can't see this car selling in large enough volume to have a big selection on the lot. A dealership might sell one a month?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
Yes, there was a very nice write up on the RLX in the last edition of Acura Style (which I really like, BTW). I assume everyone who has purchased a new Acura gets that publication.
I purchased 6 Acura's and my gf 2 and neither of us gets much of anything from Acura.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
I purchased 6 Acura's and my gf 2 and neither of us gets much of anything from Acura.
I wonder if it's a dealer issue? I continued to receive Acura Style for many years after I had last purchased a new Acura (I kept my Legend for 18 years), and it continued to come following the purchase of my TL.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
I wonder if it's a dealer issue? I continued to receive Acura Style for many years after I had last purchased a new Acura (I kept my Legend for 18 years), and it continued to come following the purchase of my TL.
I know that dealers are responsible for adding people to the magazine list but I don't think they are responsible for removing them. i know that I fell off the list after the expiration of my 2008 TSX. On the flipside, we continue to receive occasional notices from Honda regarding our much older S2000s. I would imagine that I'm back on the list with the addition of the 2013 ILX
Old 02-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that dealers are responsible for adding people to the magazine list but I don't think they are responsible for removing them. i know that I fell off the list after the expiration of my 2008 TSX. On the flipside, we continue to receive occasional notices from Honda regarding our much older S2000s. I would imagine that I'm back on the list with the addition of the 2013 ILX
Bought an 08 MDX and a 13 TL. I have never even heard of Acura Style magazine. A quick Google doesn't appear to even reveal a location where I could sign-up to receive.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by lemme14
Bought an 08 MDX and a 13 TL. I have never even heard of Acura Style magazine. A quick Google doesn't appear to even reveal a location where I could sign-up to receive.
From what I understand, back in 2008 your dealer would have had to register you to receive the magazine. Since 2012, a "RDR" (retail delivery registration) automatically enrolled you in "myAcura.com" and set you up with the magazine. However, since the magazine only comes out bi-annually you may have missed the cut for the most recent issue.
The following users liked this post:
lemme14 (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by dwboston
i've gotten emails from acura about the rlx. Plus it was in the last issue of acura style.
+1
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by lemme14
I believe you can sign up on Acura.com and Acura financial services, its a pretty good magazine. In use to get them with the purchase of my 04 TL and then they stopped. I signed up again when I got my 09.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
Based on our experience and what others are posting I think Acura marketing and whoever decides which person gets "Acura Style" needs to step it up. We've owned an '08 TL and currently have a '10 ZDX and have never received a copy. We're interested in the RLX as a replacement for the ZDX when the time comes. I suppose I should bug my dealer about this mag.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by old coastie
Based on our experience and what others are posting I think Acura marketing and whoever decides which person gets "Acura Style" needs to step it up. We've owned an '08 TL and currently have a '10 ZDX and have never received a copy. We're interested in the RLX as a replacement for the ZDX when the time comes. I suppose I should bug my dealer about this mag.
If your dealer cannot help, I'd try Acura Client Services.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 427 Posts
Originally Posted by old coastie
You can have my subscription. It's awful. It's like 1/10th Acura news and 9/10ths a bunch of BS that nobody cares about. It goes in the trash can outside with the rest of the junk mail that never even makes it into my house.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Racer

This will be an incredible vehicle, and until people can drive and see it in more detail, including (and especially) back to back with known competitors, it may not be understood.

Enjoyed my day long test and education on the RLX in Atlanta. Much to see, much to learn, and fun to be had. Can't wait to read the professional reviews echo'ing what I experienced.

The RLX in Atlanta and then Atlanta Motor Speedway Sunday and a rainy Monday after:

The following 2 users liked this post by beach109:
CeEl (02-13-2013), TSX69 (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 01:59 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
I like the dark metallic color. Were any of the cars SH-SH-AWD? Or all just the P-AWS?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:59 AM
Suzuka Master

So now I am pissed I have signed up for every RLX notification to find and was not aware when the drive event was in Atlanta and I was even off Monday. If Acura is not going to notify the people that actively sign up for these things how do they expect to sell the car!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So now I am pissed I have signed up for every RLX notification to find and was not aware when the drive event was in Atlanta and I was even off Monday. If Acura is not going to notify the people that actively sign up for these things how do they expect to sell the car!
I think this was an Acura-dealer only event ...
Old 02-13-2013, 06:27 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seeing the pictures, I believe emphasizing the interior and the technology is probably the best. It's more the "strong and silent" type on the exterior ... but it's typically hard to tell from pictures.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I like the dark metallic color. Were any of the cars SH-SH-AWD? Or all just the P-AWS?
All P-AWS. The Sport Hybrid System will be out September/October time frame, and in lower volume. Everyone will need to DRIVE the P-AWS cars, even vs. other RWD & AWD sedans, to feel the difference. Impressive.

This was dealer only, in Atlanta and Phoenix depending on country region. We will all mostly be receiving our first 2 RLX's in the next week or so, so stay in tune for updates from your dealer about their arrival. I have (2) Tech's coming in between 2/14-2/18, and one will be a special demo per Acura with additional accessories. Both can be test driven and used, but not sold until mid March.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Suzuka Master

AH good! Because I am itching and been looking at Lexus GS350, Audi A4 right now, also maybe just doing another TL SH-AWD for a year or so.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Acura Style Magazine

I only started receiving it after I signed up for a subscription online, however, I can no longer find an active link for that ...
Old 02-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
All P-AWS. The Sport Hybrid System will be out September/October time frame, and in lower volume. Everyone will need to DRIVE the P-AWS cars, even vs. other RWD & AWD sedans, to feel the difference. Impressive.

This was dealer only, in Atlanta and Phoenix depending on country region. We will all mostly be receiving our first 2 RLX's in the next week or so, so stay in tune for updates from your dealer about their arrival. I have (2) Tech's coming in between 2/14-2/18, and one will be a special demo per Acura with additional accessories. Both can be test driven and used, but not sold until mid March.
Accessories? Can you mention what those may be? Body kit? Bigger wheels?
I'm actually going car shopping on Friday. Hoping that maybe the Acura dealer will have an RLX to look at. I wanted to hold out for the SH-SH-AWD but maybe P-AWS will be just fine.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Suzuka Master

AH, just got email from my dealer with the launch party on March 7 and to come in later this week to look and drive an RLX. Plan is to go see it Friday AM, hopefully they will have it ready.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
^^ which dealer?

I'm taking my '07 RL in for service this week at Jackson in Roswell. Might get to see an RLX, maybe even take it for a spin.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JonFo
^^ which dealer?

I'm taking my '07 RL in for service this week at Jackson in Roswell. Might get to see an RLX, maybe even take it for a spin.
I am going to Jackson, as they expect them before end of week. I was holding off taking the gf's TSX in for oil change to have it line up with the RLX being there.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
I am so envious....I don't think I'll be close to any acura dealers for at least 1 month or so the wait will be a killer. The WHITE one looks amazing I still dislike the wood interior though
Old 02-13-2013, 01:23 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those ride and drives were for dealer employees to try out. Our guys went down there. We're supposed to get RLs in the next week for customers to test drive. Go on sale mid-May. Acura is keeping quiet until official press release.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:24 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All I can say it is the most bad ass Acura yet

Quick Reply: RLX Ride and Drive