RLX Intro & Packages

Old 12-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
No info available on that yet. Acura will give us plenty of notice.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke with a friend whom works for acura. He stated the base model RLX will start around 46k and the advanced model around 49k.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by NCBlue
I spoke with a friend whom works for acura. He stated the base model RLX will start around 46k and the advanced model around 49k.
While that is nice that almost assures that the TSX goes away and the TL moves a tad down stream into the TLX. I still think the FWD Advance will go up around $55K with the AWD maxing out in the mid 60's, but anything less is goodness for me as my lease is up in September and I want back into Acura mighty bad. Been resisting the great TL AWD Advance deals at year end now to wait on the RLX.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Cruisin'

Sorry, i meant the tech around 49k.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Any of you guys know when the RLX is supposed to be released for sale? I just got back from the dealership and was told they'd get one next month. I don't know if that's "for sale" or "for show".
Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Your last words "...but I miss that tight Acura build quality..." really speaks volumes! I too, although being dismissive of the exterior design must admit that at the end of the day, quality rules!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Cruisin'

I was told March 1st.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Shotgun
Your last words "...but I miss that tight Acura build quality..." really speaks volumes! I too, although being dismissive of the exterior design must admit that at the end of the day, quality rules!
The M has treated me good, and considering I bought it in the first few months of the new body style I will say it is actually better than my 04 TL was in some regards. My 04 TL was a squeak/rattle box that I used to call a haunted house. While the dealer quieted everything over time the M has only been in once to quiet the door panels and rear deck. There are a few squeaks over some bumps form the dash, where my 4G AWD TL was like a bank vault, never a peep from anything no matter what.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:02 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Question Wood

Playing around on the build feature of Acura.com, I noticed that on the Tech Pkg it says "Woodgrain-look on console & doors". Does this mean that the base/navi has no wood at all in the interior? If so, has anyone seen a pic? All I could find were tech/Krell/advance pics. Curious to see if they just replaced the wood with metal, plastic, leather ... ? Did they also remove the metal accents w/out the wood ... ?

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:13 AM
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
Speaking of Wood, here's some feedback for Acura:

guys, it's the 21st Century, why are we putting lumber in our vehicles?

On a modern high-tech car like the Sports Hybrid I plan to get, I would rather see modern materials like aluminum or carbon fiber, not the stuff that was used to build the Mayflower.

You made the center stack nice and modern, and then want to flank it with wood?
Ever see wood on the command deck of the Starship Enterprise? Didn't think so.

BTW-I am your target demo: mid-fifties, high-tech executive, can afford this stuff. Plan to buy an NSX as well and it'd better not have any wood anywhere.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JonFo
Speaking of Wood, here's some feedback for Acura:

guys, it's the 21st Century, why are we putting lumber in our vehicles?

On a modern high-tech car like the Sports Hybrid I plan to get, I would rather see modern materials like aluminum or carbon fiber, not the stuff that was used to build the Mayflower.

You made the center stack nice and modern, and then want to flank it with wood?
Ever see wood on the command deck of the Starship Enterprise? Didn't think so.

BTW-I am your target demo: mid-fifties, high-tech executive, can afford this stuff. Plan to buy an NSX as well and it'd better not have any wood anywhere.
IMO wood typically is associated with luxury, I assume the Sport Hybrid will not have wood. I personally like a touch of wood if done right. But having the option is clearly understandable. If you look at your ultra high end cars Bentley Rolls, etc they brag about the different types of real wood you can get. I think if a car is going for a luxury feel they will do wood, if they are going for a more sporty feel they would do carbon fiber style accents. That said I do not care for the wood in the RLX, comes across looking fake.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:35 AM
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
... That said I do not care for the wood in the RLX, comes across looking fake.
Exactly, most 'wood' is either plastic fakes or looks like it, so what's the point? actually cheapens a car IMHO.

Acura could distinguish itself by not falling for the same lame 'wood is luxury' meme all the others go for. Introduce new materials, do modern styling, stand out!

BTW- Here's a cockpit I like (well except for the pop-up display) from my other alternative to the SH RLX, the Audi S7 with Carbon Fiber trim:
Attached Thumbnails RLX Intro & Packages-s7-dash-cf.jpg  
Old 03-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Other than fake wood I dislike pop up navi screens, takes away from the interior styling.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:24 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX69
Playing around on the build feature of Acura.com, I noticed that on the Tech Pkg it says "Woodgrain-look on console & doors". Does this mean that the base/navi has no wood at all in the interior? If so, has anyone seen a pic? All I could find were tech/Krell/advance pics. Curious to see if they just replaced the wood with metal, plastic, leather ... ? Did they also remove the metal accents w/out the wood ... ?

Thanks!
I think this vehicle that I saw at the autoshow was a Tech version. There are pics of the 'woodgrain-look' in it. Didn't look like real wood to me.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/rlx-houston-autoshow-879114/
Old 03-17-2013, 04:40 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by JonFo
Exactly, most 'wood' is either plastic fakes or looks like it, so what's the point? actually cheapens a car IMHO.

Acura could distinguish itself by not falling for the same lame 'wood is luxury' meme all the others go for. Introduce new materials, do modern styling, stand out!

BTW- Here's a cockpit I like (well except for the pop-up display) from my other alternative to the SH RLX, the Audi S7 with Carbon Fiber trim:
Actually the cars in the RLX price range that have wood have real wood. Yes it is a veneer over a substrate, but it is real wood. Acura does stand out in this case by having 'modern' plastic instead of real wood. A step backwards for a luxury car. Some of the 3M vinyl products look better than the fake wood in the RLX.

I like the look of wood, it adds a nice organic look to the car. People associate wood floors as a luxury in a house, laminate fake wood is cheaper, but doesn't look as nice. The RLX is 'laminate' while its competition is the real stuff.

http://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-DI-...in-s/19978.htm

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...~?N=2891&rt=c3