Rlx awd $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by ichi d
^i like how they have the jewels eyes too like the rlx.
If you watch this video the new Genesis appears to have LED headlights and some decent taillights as well. Hyundai is really putting the pressure on. While I suspect Hyundai would like the Genesis to be a serious competitor to the RLX I suspect the real world target that it will be cross shopped with the most is the TLX. If they add all the goodies of the RLX into a Genesis for $10K less then they will sell a lot of cars. It may be a Hyundai, but I would rather put the $10K back in my pocket, most Genesis owners seem to be very happy and the reliability seems to be very good.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/03/sco...an-filmed.html
Old 03-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by 037
If that is what the Genesis will look like, it will be a good looker and a hot seller. The thing with Hyundai is that it is always competing against its "poor perception" image. Kia/Hyundai are by far offering more goodies for an aggressive price and amazing styling....many people will stay away just because of the name. There is no doubt that this is not just in the top end of the line but right across the board. I don't have a problem with Hyundai per se....I just hate the interior of the Genesis at the moment, if they improve it, I would look at it more seriously.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Went to a Hyundai dealer this weekend to look at some trade in inventory. And although the staff was nice, polite, etc I couldn't imagine buying a Genesis for 60k+ and having to go there to have it serviced, hmm... I guess that's how GT-R owners feel like when they have their vehicles serviced by the dealer.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by HeartTLs
Went to a Hyundai dealer this weekend to look at some trade in inventory. And although the staff was nice, polite, etc I couldn't imagine buying a Genesis for 60k+ and having to go there to have it serviced, hmm... I guess that's how GT-R owners feel like when they have their vehicles serviced by the dealer.
That is still the issue they will face, but I know for the Equus they come get your car, and drop it back off, I hear they are supposed to implement that for Genesis too. I guess they realize that people that buy this class of car want something a little more in the overall experience, but again, honestly if they save me $10K and the car is as good as the competitors as rarely as I am in the dealership I can overlook that. The other thing I did not like was that to get a Genesis loaner you had to take car to purchasing dealer for service, that is a bit insane. I have bought form dealers that were not where I get my service.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 79 Posts
Genesis is under 50k currently and I don't think awd will top 50k with a v8 either, you must have looked at the Equus.
The following users liked this post:
HeartTLs (03-11-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 12:40 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Not many luxury car buyers arm their custom-optioned vehicles to the teeth with options. Similarly, not many luxury car buyers buy bare-bone base vehicles either.

Most buyers will build their base vehicles up with accessories and options that they desire and that they don't mind paying for.

But whether it is the badge or the options that constitute a luxury vehicle, it doesn't matter. What matters is that the base-5-series-with-custom-options is a luxury-branded sedan with buyer-picked luxury options, that costs thousands of $ less than other fully-loaded competitors.

What matters is that luxury vehicle buyers aren't forced to have unnecessary/unwanted options being stuffed inside their mouths, and also aren't forced to pay extra and unnecessary money for them.

I fully understand Acura's standard-factory-trim product strategy. The point I want to make is that it doesn't seem fair when people start comparing the fully-loaded RLX with a custom-order equivalent-loaded German luxury sedan.

It is obvious that the fully-loaded RLX is cheaper that way. But most buyers don't custom-order their German luxury sedans in the same configuration as the fully-loaded RLX.

So when one starts comparing a custom-order German luxury sedan, that is built with more realistically picked options, with the fully-loaded RLX, the RLX will end up costing thousands of $ more.
I see what you mean and I can imagine some scenarios already...

For instance, if you do something like, get a base 5 series, load it up with one option that is only available once you get the RLX Advance (i.e. Lane keep assist). Then the RLX would cost a few grand more. All the extra features in the RLX are meaningless since you don't want them.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Safety Car

Customizing a car generally kills a lot of time and bargaining power imo.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by iforyou
I see what you mean and I can imagine some scenarios already...

For instance, if you do something like, get a base 5 series, load it up with one option that is only available once you get the RLX Advance (i.e. Lane keep assist). Then the RLX would cost a few grand more. All the extra features in the RLX are meaningless since you don't want them.
Glad you put his theory in layman's terms, so it reads as ridiculous as it sounds in my mind. But hey, I'm sure there are some buyers that prefer a removeable gps, putting their phone to their ear, walkman quality audio, etc etc.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
KeithL....You are correct that Hyundai Dealers will come and pick up your Equus and drop it back but that to me would be a NO GO! I hate even having my dealer driving my car on the lot let alone from my home to the dealership. I am extremely anal about who drives my car and the same thing applies to who washes it - I never allow my dealer to do the "courtesy wash".
Old 03-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
Very nice car, I like it! Unfortunately, most folks out there are not as sophisticated or knowledgable as the folks on this forum. They just know brands, and I'm not sure the Hyundai brand is "there" yet.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by weather
KeithL....You are correct that Hyundai Dealers will come and pick up your Equus and drop it back but that to me would be a NO GO! I hate even having my dealer driving my car on the lot let alone from my home to the dealership. I am extremely anal about who drives my car and the same thing applies to who washes it - I never allow my dealer to do the "courtesy wash".
You are like me, I don't even want them to drive the car on a dealer swap I ask about having it trucked even if it is 50 miles.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:53 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Glad you put his theory in layman's terms, so it reads as ridiculous as it sounds in my mind. But hey, I'm sure there are some buyers that prefer a removeable gps, putting their phone to their ear, walkman quality audio, etc etc.
no problem

Yea, I guess there are different kinds of people in this world. And if you really want a luxury vehicle with many standalone options to choose from without any packages, then Acura is definitely not for you.....at least for now.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:06 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
At least for BMW, netting euro delivary bypasses dealer vehicle limits (e.g, current 335i are deliberately limited in dealer volume, in the USA), and nets a lower price, to boot. However, you must wait around 2 months, and must travel to Germany...

On the other hand, don't use their website to configure cars: it's not accurate. You can line order most items you want, and omit the ones you don't. There are certain limitations, such as getting the M-Sport spoilers without the M-Sport package, however, you can get parking sensors, cameras, adaptive suspension, etc, seperately of the packages they come in. Same deal with leather, heated seats, and even the 4 way power lumbar support.

IIRC, it's the same deal with Lexus, except you have to wait almost 3 months for the car, instead of BMW's shorter wait.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:21 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
This ain't no theory.

This was a real life buying experience for a $50K premium sedan, for buyers like myself who isn't loaded with cash and who always want to get the most out of his/her hard-earned $50K cash.

This is a cross-shopping experience that only those, who really put $50K on the line, will go through; and not those who just sit behind the desk clicking on the keyboard and have nothing to lose, will realize and appreciate.

Back some time ago, I passed on the 2G RL and bought a C6 A6 with custom options. Not only had I saved $3K Cdn, the auto brand also came with whole lot more prestige.

So I can imagine that, in reality, there are a whole lot more than "some buyers" like me, who have passed on the RL sedan for similar reasons, and help contributing to the most dismay sales of the most expensive Acura sedan (2G RL) in Acura's 25-year history.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:51 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

This ain't no theory.

This was a real life buying experience for a $50K premium sedan, for buyers like myself who isn't loaded with cash and who always want to get the most out of his/her hard-earned $50K cash.

This is a cross-shopping experience that only those, who really put $50K on the line, will go through; and not those who just sit behind the desk clicking on the keyboard and have nothing to lose, will realize and appreciate.

Back some time ago, I passed on the 2G RL and bought a C6 A6 with custom options. Not only had I saved $3K Cdn, the auto brand also came with whole lot more prestige.

So I can imagine that, in reality, there are a whole lot more than "some buyers" like me, who have passed on the RL sedan for similar reasons, and help contributing to the most dismay sales of the most expensive Acura sedan (2G RL) in Acura's 25-year history.
lol relax man. He is a totally different type of buyer than you are and to him, what you do probably makes little sense to him (and vice versa).

The RL did well at the very beginning, despite being a one trim no option model. But others quickly got updated (530i becoems 535i, GS got refreshed, A6 got new powertrain, W211 E Class got its facelift, followed by the introduction of W2012. Oh, there's also the Infiniti M that came out in 2006. In less than a year, the RL became outdated.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts
lol relax man. He is a totally different type of buyer than you are and to him, what you do probably makes little sense to him (and vice versa).

The RL did well at the very beginning, despite being a one trim no option model. But others quickly got updated (530i becoems 535i, GS got refreshed, A6 got new powertrain, W211 E Class got its facelift, followed by the introduction of W2012. Oh, there's also the Infiniti M that came out in 2006. In less than a year, the RL became outdated.
But the bottom line for alot of people in these posts are what he say about his car, that has a "whole lot more prestige" than Acura. These guys want to show that PRESTIGE where I would rather buy I car I like, not care what others think about.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Drifting

This ain't no theory.

You know what's best for you. I just don't understand the reasoning or self deception behind someone walking with their nose way up in the air because they're in a 50k stripper of a vehicle with a badge.

Originally Posted by frainc
But the bottom line for alot of people in these posts are what he say about his car, that has a "whole lot more prestige" than Acura. These guys want to show that PRESTIGE where I would rather buy I car I like, not care what others think about.
Disclaimer: I'm not "loaded", I make a middle class income and my wife's income is just something I see as an extra, but then again I'm just 26, with little responsibilities; aka lot of disposable income. People that talk about prestige beause their car has a "badge" remind me of Alan Partridge talking about Lexus
50k sedan is just not that serious. Being in a 50k sedan (and actually being able to afford it w/out living in someones basement/having roomates), says I'm doing well and in the words of Young Jeeze "You ain't ballin".
Old 03-13-2013, 11:55 AM
2G TLX-S

You know what's best for you. I just don't understand the reasoning or self deception behind someone walking with their nose way up in the air because they're in a 50k stripper of a vehicle with a badge.

Disclaimer: I'm not "loaded", I make a middle class income and my wife's income is just something I see as an extra, but then again I'm just 26, with little responsibilities; aka lot of disposable income. People that talk about prestige beause their car has a "badge" remind me of Alan Partridge talking about Lexus www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllyBr_4Kxk. 50k sedan is just not that serious. Being in a 50k sedan (and actually being able to afford it w/out living in someones basement/having roomates), says I'm doing well and in the words of Young Jeeze "You ain't ballin".
"Stripper" or not. "Nose up" or not. After all, it's a $50K premium sedan with the exact luxury options I wanted to get, rather than with all the unneeded/unwanted options that were forced down my throat and made me pay dearly for them.

A fully-loaded sedan doesn't automatically equal to luxury, and a premium-brand sedan with custom options doesn't automatically equal to non-luxury.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you couldn't afford a $50K premium sedan. All I'm saying is that until that time comes, it is hard to imagine, at the back of the computer, the various thinking processes that one must go through when he/she is really serious about putting $50K hard-earned cash on the line. To me, $50K is a LOT of money, and presumably this applies to the major population too.

It is more helpful to read those real life buying experiences from premium sedan shoppers why some picked the RL and why some passed on the RL, rather than from others who have no intention to cross-shop or buy one.

Last edited by Edward'TLS; 03-13-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I believe HeartTLs drives a 4G TL AWD which is not quite at $50k, but not too far from it. I'm not sure about him, but being at the same age as he is, we probably share the same view on a few things. For me, if I could spend $50k on a car, I'd be looking for one that is loaded with gadgets so that I can show them to my friends. Like HeartTLs, I often wonder, other than the perceived prestige, why people bother buying base BMW 323i/328i.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
lol a 2013 mercedes e350 4matic is only pushing 300HP where the RLX AWD is pushing 370HP
Old 03-13-2013, 05:21 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by gokhanturk
lol a 2013 mercedes e350 4matic is only pushing 300HP where the RLX AWD is pushing 370HP
To be fair there's a E550 4 matic that makes 400hp.......
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Drifting

I believe HeartTLs drives a 4G TL AWD which is not quite at $50k, but not too far from it. I'm not sure about him, but being at the same age as he is, we probably share the same view on a few things. For me, if I could spend $50k on a car, I'd be looking for one that is loaded with gadgets so that I can show them to my friends. Like HeartTLs, I often wonder, other than the perceived prestige, why people bother buying base BMW 323i/328i.

Cough, cough, just picked up a 12' AWD/ADV, it's awesome!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
I agree! Acura has moved up quite a bit and I currently drive an Acura RL. I work for a fortune 100 company in finance and am able to afford a $50k car. I don't think Acura lacks prestige compared to the Audi at all. What does Audi have that Acura doesn't? a V8? not a big deal as the V6 is plenty of power for me and it's not like a teenager can easily afford an Acura like how it was back in the days of the Integras. Acura ain't cheap! Different strokes for different folks!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Maybe I'm just different but if I wanted to drop $60k+ on a luxury car, I would want a badge that is either a 3-pointed star, something that starts with Bavarian, or even an L. I couldn't care less about what it has or doesn't, as 99% of the people will only see the outside and the badge and will judge me by what I am driving, not by what is inside my car. For example, when I used to own an bare boned '05 C-class sport 4-banger, I got tons of stares and compliments while my fully loaded '04 RX330 got none!

IMO, Acura has been facing this problem and will continue to do so because it is not recognized as a top tier luxury brand, i.e. VW Phateon. That thing had some of the coolest features but failed miserably due to its name and perception.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by silver3.5
Maybe I'm just different but if I wanted to drop $60k+ on a luxury car, I would want a badge that is either a 3-pointed star, something that starts with Bavarian, or even an L. I couldn't care less about what it has or doesn't, as 99% of the people will only see the outside and the badge and will judge me by what I am driving, not by what is inside my car. For example, when I used to own an bare boned '05 C-class sport 4-banger, I got tons of stares and compliments while my fully loaded '04 RX330 got none!

IMO, Acura has been facing this problem and will continue to do so because it is not recognized as a top tier luxury brand, i.e. VW Phateon. That thing had some of the coolest features but failed miserably due to its name and perception.
I hate to criticize your character because you're my elder and it doesn't benefit either of us, but that sounds like a self esteem issue. While I am not 100% free of being self conscious I have enough self esteem to be in whatever (well almost whatever, please no civic!! ) and still feel as "I make this look good". If I lived my life trying to please others and not myself I'd be a sheep and I've always considered the opposite. Whats most important is what car made you feel better when you were in it as a driver/passanger and not because of the reception you recieved. Personally I see a hummer on the street/highway/anywhere and think to myself, "what a fking idiot", but hey as long as they like that 4 ton flying brick that's all that matters; not every vehicle is designed for the masses.
The following 2 users liked this post by HeartTLs:
n-spring (03-14-2013), terdonal (03-14-2013)
Old 03-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by silver3.5

WOW, look at me, I drive a car with a star on it, WOW, look at me!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:55 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

lol guys, relax. Just different people with different views on things. What silver3.5 said is true though, that most people would just look at the logo and think you are loaded (or not). Some people just want to spend the minimal amount of money to get that sort of attention, and we can't really say they are wrong. I personally like to use the minimal amount of money to get the most features/power/etc for my own enjoyment. I'd take the extra features over the prestige any time, any day of the week.

So back on topic, whether the RLX is overpriced or not, it really depends on what type of person you are.
HeartTLs (03-14-2013)
Old 03-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Racer

lol guys, relax. Just different people with different views on things. What silver3.5 said is true though, that most people would just look at the logo and think you are loaded (or not). Some people just want to spend the minimal amount of money to get that sort of attention, and we can't really say they are wrong. I personally like to use the minimal amount of money to get the most features/power/etc for my own enjoyment. I'd take the extra features over the prestige any time, any day of the week.

So back on topic, whether the RLX is overpriced or not, it really depends on what type of person you are.
OK, everything is good. I guess too many car buyers look at the brand instead of the "whole" car and will not care that another brand (Acura) is just as good or better. Have a nice day:
Old 03-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Safety Car

here is how I see it.

In 2009 I bought a CMBS RL that stickered 55k (rounded up a bit), last Sunday I went to check out the RLX and I saw a Tech package for the same price.

with the new RLX I gain P-AWS but lose SH-AWD

I lose CMBS, cooled seats, and a bunch of other things.

I do get P-AWS. Oh...and a smaller engine with 10 more hp and better fuel economy.

I just don't think that makes them equal. Feel free to throw other little things I missed but I feel like the RLX is less of a bargain than the RL ever was as the price seems to have shot up and I can't justify it based on the MSRP.

Maybe they are trying to match their competitors but they sure can't match them selves.

Maybe the exchange rate went to sh!t and I just don't realize by how much, but I can still get a fully loaded Korean Genesis and get most of the features that came on my 55k RL @ 44k msrp (no SH-AWD here, and none on the FWD RLX obviously).

I do have to note that my main reason for buying the RL was SH-AWD so I was pretty pi$$ed that the base model ended up FWD.

Last edited by 037; 03-14-2013 at 06:19 PM.
GoHawks (03-18-2013)
Old 03-14-2013, 06:29 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by frainc
OK, everything is good. I guess too many car buyers look at the brand instead of the "whole" car and will not care that another brand (Acura) is just as good or better. Have a nice day:
Yea, I guess that's why brand reputation is so important if you want to charge premium.

Originally Posted by 037
here is how I see it.

In 2009 I bought a CMBS RL that stickered 55k (rounded up a bit), last Sunday I went to check out the RLX and I saw a Tech package for the same price.

with the new RLX I gain P-AWS but lose SH-AWD

I lose CMBS, cooled seats, and a bunch of other things.

I do get P-AWS. Oh...and a smaller engine with 10 more hp and better fuel economy.

I just don't think that makes them equal. Feel free to throw other little things I missed but I feel like the RLX is less of a bargain than the RL ever was as the price seems to have shot up and I can't justify it based on the MSRP.

Maybe they are trying to match their competitors but they sure can't match them selves.

Maybe the exchange rate went to sh!t and I just don't realize by how much, but I can still get a fully loaded Korean Genesis and get most of the features that came on my 55k RL @ 44k msrp (no SH-AWD here, and none on the FWD RLX obviously).

I do have to note that my main reason for buying the RL was SH-AWD so I was pretty pi$$ed that the base model ended up FWD.
$55k in 2009 is equivalent to $60700 in 2014 dollars assuming 2% inflation. On the other hand, $54500 (price of RLX Tech) is the same as $49k using the same rate. Base on this alone, it's probably not a valid to compare the RLX Tech with the 2009 RL CMBS. FYI, $49k in 2009 would have bought you a RL with tech pkg. And $60k in 2014 would get you the RLX advance. So, a valid comparison would be the following:

1.) 2009 RL Tech vs 2014 RLX Tech
2.) 2009 RL CMBS vs 2014 RLX Advance
jhr3uva90 (03-14-2013)
Old 03-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Safety Car

Yea, I guess that's why brand reputation is so important if you want to charge premium.

$55k in 2009 is equivalent to $60700 in 2014 dollars assuming 2% inflation. On the other hand, $54500 (price of RLX Tech) is the same as $49k using the same rate. Base on this alone, it's probably not a valid to compare the RLX Tech with the 2009 RL CMBS. FYI, $49k in 2009 would have bought you a RL with tech pkg. And $60k in 2014 would get you the RLX advance. So, a valid comparison would be the following:

1.) 2009 RL Tech vs 2014 RLX Tech
2.) 2009 RL CMBS vs 2014 RLX Advance
next you're going to tell me that P-AWS equals SH-AWD
Old 03-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Drifting

Haha he made a solid arguement Leo, can't fight the facts.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Safety Car

Haha he made a solid arguement Leo, can't fight the facts.
Solid about the numbers, not so solid about the equipment. You are still getting less, even if we assume it is for the same price. I get the whole inflation argument, but it's not as simple as that, we would also need to know the variation in the Japanese currency vs US currency.

Bottom line, we got a FWD car for the price of what used to be the best AWD system available and I don't think that is acceptable.
jshaw (03-14-2013)
Old 03-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
I tend to agree with 037. Technology comes down in price thats why it trickles down
Old 03-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by 037
Solid about the numbers, not so solid about the equipment. You are still getting less, even if we assume it is for the same price. I get the whole inflation argument, but it's not as simple as that, we would also need to know the variation in the Japanese currency vs US currency.

Bottom line, we got a FWD car for the price of what used to be the best AWD system available and I don't think that is acceptable.
RLX has more interior space, LED lights, more efficient engine, larger 19inch rims, upgraded stereo, P-AWS handling is not worse than SH-AWD in RL, much quieter ride, upgraded navigations system. and above all more safer car.
Infact FWD Accord sport has better handling than SH-AWD RL. There is nothing in RLX that is less than RL when you look at objective numbers.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
I'd like to see a 2012 RL go head to head on a course with a 2014 RLX Paws
Old 03-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
2009 RL 0.82g and 64mph.
http://www.edmunds.com/acura/rl/2009...est-specs.html
tire is grand touring all season.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....toModClar=with Technology and CMBS / ACC

2013 RLX 0.82g and 63.3 mile. RLX has primacy tires which is more efficiency oriented than regular MXM.
http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/t...rack-test.html

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....toModClar=with Advance package
Most Primacy MXM4 tires meet Michelin's Green X standard* for low rolling resistance that confirms the tire's contribution to reducing vehicle fuel consumption and emissions of CO2 gases. The Primacy MXM4 is designed to blend a quiet, comfortable ride, responsive handling and enhanced fuel efficiency with year-round all-season traction, even in light snow.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:57 AM
2G TLX-S

Originally Posted by getakey
I'd like to see a 2012 RL go head to head on a course with a 2014 RLX Paws
AWD vs. FWD (even with Paws).

In the wet and on snow, there is no contest.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:51 AM
2G TLX-S

$55k in 2009 is equivalent to $60700 in 2014 dollars assuming 2% inflation.

Like I have said earlier. I don't doubt HeartTLs' ability to buy a $50K, a $60K, and/or a $70K car. But the fact that the TL was one class below the RL/A6/5-series/GS/E-class back in 2005, still holds true nowadays in 2013.

Like you said above with your inflation adjustment, a $50K premium sedan back in 2005 is no longer $50K in 2013, but has become $58K now in 2013.

We belong to two different groups of premium sedan buyers. You would rather spend the money in acquiring as many high-tech gadgets as possible over brand name, and show off the gadgets to your friends. But I would spend the money in only desired gadgets I find useful, as well as in brand name, if I have a choice to make in buying the RLX/A6/5-series/GS/E-class class premium sedan.

If the above is the case, then wouldn't the new 9G Honda Accord become the #1 choice. It has all the latest high-tech bells and whistles, and best of all, it doesn't carry the brand prestige and the much higher price that come with the more upscale Acura badge.

While back on topic, after I've gone through most of the threads in this RLX sub-forum, I find there are a lot more members here thinking that the FWD RLX is way overpriced than is a bargain buy.

Just count how many $ signs following the RLX, in the title of this thread.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Safety Car

AWD vs. FWD (even with Paws).

In the wet and on snow, there is no contest.
exactly. While thinking SH-AWD, somehow handling is the only thing that is being remembered, how about the extra traction in wet/snow when you're starting to move or hell even making a turn. We're talking about low speed traction which is bread and butter of AWD.

Improved handling can be measured on a race course, but low speed traction anyone can experience while "accidentally" giving too much power on a slippery road or while going into a turn. There is no substitute to AWD at this point.

My main point being, after owning a fully loaded 09 RL CMBS for 2.5 years that RLX P-AWS is a downgrade to RL SH-AWD.

All the other features are nice, but that which makes the car move is more important.

Quick Reply: Rlx awd $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$