AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RLX (2013+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/)
-   -   Remote Start and Wipers (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/remote-start-wipers-971298/)

moose66 07-05-2018 03:16 PM

Remote Start and Wipers

Question about remote start. When I get into my car and press the button to turn the car on after it has been remotely started, my windshield wiper swipes across the windshield once. Is this normal and is everyone with remote start experiencing this? Can it be stopped? For one it is annoying, and secondly, a dry wiper sweeping across a dirty windshield is not good. If this topic has been discussed already, please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

pgeorg 07-06-2018 05:40 AM

Mine does not do this ever. It could be a problem with the rain sensor on your car.

One way to stop this is to move the wiper lever to off, instead of leaving it on auto (I am assuming its left in auto).

moose66 07-06-2018 07:17 AM

Good thought. I do leave the wiper in auto. I'll make the switch and see what that does. I'll also make a note to talk to the tech next time it goes in for service.

Limelight 07-06-2018 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by pgeorg (Post 16259605)
One way to stop this is to move the wiper lever to off, instead of leaving it on auto (I am assuming its left in auto).

^^^ Great suggestion. Always thinking that PGEORG is.... :thumbsup:...

pgeorg 07-06-2018 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Limelight (Post 16259636)
^^^ Great suggestion. Always thinking that PGEORG is.... :thumbsup:...

LOL! You're too funny limelight :)

pgeorg 07-06-2018 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by moose66 (Post 16259632)
Good thought. I do leave the wiper in auto. I'll make the switch and see what that does. I'll also make a note to talk to the tech next time it goes in for service.

Please let us know moose66.

moose66 07-06-2018 12:27 PM

Just back from a quick run to the post office, or let's just say a run to the post office! Turned the wiper completely off prior to shutting off the car. Started the car on the way back out remotely. Hopped in the ride, pressed the button and no wiper activation. Yea!!!!!! Still doesn't explain the one sweep action when starting the car from being remotely started when the wiper is in auto mode.

If I can remember, I will still ask when I'm in for my next service just for humor. I am sure I will either get the deer in headlights look, or an answer which really isn't an answer!

pgeorg 07-06-2018 12:30 PM

Ha ha, you can count on that :)

I would think it has to do with the rain sensor, or a fault with the actual multi switch......

Thank you for updating us.

ddswv 07-07-2018 03:09 PM

My 2018 RLX Hybrid Adv does the same thing.

moose66 07-08-2018 10:14 AM

If it is meant to be an alert, they could come up with a better one than that. May not be too much of an issue in the summer, but what if by chance I had the auto wipers on in the winter and even though I remotely started the car, which would start the defrosting/de-icing process, there was ice on the windshield, that one swipe across a frozen windshield might cause some issues. Hell, the wipers might even be frozen locked. Then you are talking a potential motor issue.

I guess the safe bet, is to turn the auto wiper off/on when when I exit and re-enter the car.