Remember my settings?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 05:28 AM
Str8 Rida

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remember my settings?

I'm about a week into my 14 RLX tech package and so far I'm loving the vehicle. I've been scouring through the forums getting refreshed on my Acura knowledge, I still have a few questions if anyone could be of assistance.

1. Is there any way to keep the vehicle in sport mode and brake hold? Meaning when i turn the car off and back on is there a setting where it can stay in those modes until manually deactivated?
2. I've uploaded my own wallpaper and would like it to display without having to click info/menu/scroll to clock/wallpaper. Is that an option? I saw on youtube someone just pressed info once from the navi screen and it eventually turned to the clock/wallpaper. Is there a setting I missed? I'd rather just see the wallpaper until I need the Nav.
3. (question already posted in the sub-forum) but what's the main difference between OEM remote start and aftermarket besides range, if any? What's the price range of an OEM remote start from Acura? I saw someone post $300 but that seemed too good to be true.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions, Eric
Old 12-15-2017, 07:56 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by LeathaFace
1. Is there any way to keep the vehicle in sport mode and brake hold? Meaning when i turn the car off and back on is there a setting where it can stay in those modes until manually deactivated?
Nope! Sorry!

2. I've uploaded my own wallpaper and would like it to display without having to click info/menu/scroll to clock/wallpaper. Is that an option? I saw on youtube someone just pressed info once from the navi screen and it eventually turned to the clock/wallpaper. Is there a setting I missed? I'd rather just see the wallpaper until I need the Nav.
You can use a USB memory stick plugged into the iPod/USB-A connector to upload a file that you can use as wallpaper. I don't remember the procedure, but it's in the manual.

3. (question already posted in the sub-forum) but what's the main difference between OEM remote start and aftermarket besides range, if any?
Aftermarket systems will generally offer more features for the money, and you might be able to find a system that stays running when y ou open the door. The 2014 Acura system as installed by the dealer will shut the motor off when you open the door, and you'll have to restart the car.

For the 2014 model year, you're probably stuck with two key FOB no matter which system you pick.

I don't know if the 2017 Acura system with one key will work on the 2014 cars...but I don't think so.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
It will not work in the 2014s-2015s.....

Also the one in the 2016 RLX and newer, that is included in the advanced trim, keeps the engine running when you open the door. You just need to press the start/stop button, and it switches to normal running mode.

The 2014 MDX advanced trim also has the integrated remote start, and that one does not turn off the engine either when you open the door.....
Old 12-16-2017, 02:47 AM
Str8 Rida

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks so much for the info fellas. Appreciate it.